Home General Discussion

MOW Badge Guide

Ive been searching and im sure I missed it but is there an official guide to the MOW badges/ranks? I would like to start working toward them. If not can we make one here?
I also thought about making some small Icons people could use in there sig if they want for each badge attained if anyone is interested.

Comments

• 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Teege:
    Ive been searching and im sure I missed it but is there an official guide to the MOW badges/ranks? I would like to start working toward them. If not can we make one here?
    I also thought about making some small Icons people could use in there sig if they want for each badge attained if anyone is interested.
    Teege, the icon is a sick idea and I'm definitely down if you do it! As for the guidelines they are as follows for my knowledge (vets correct me if I miss something): MoW badge = Original MoW, MoW Ruination, MoW Virtue, MoW Armada. MoW Special Forces = MoW, MoW Virtue, MoW Ruination, MoW Armada, MoW Puro Authentico. After that I'm fuzzy on it, but all challenges have to be nubbed or close to it and smoked within a 24 hr period.
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • TeegeTeege Posts: 660
    Ok ill start working on them tonight
  • chemforeverchemforever Posts: 1,200
    Teege:
    Ok ill start working on them tonight
    very cool!
  • jr_p951jr_p951 Posts: 1,121
    I thought about making just a "Badge Guide" with a few other brands in there too. 4 sticks is reasonable for a badge but the prize badges would be in the 5 to7 stick badges. Smoking 4 sticks back to back can be a challenge itself and should have some recognition. Shooting for 7 sticks and your almost off your rocker!

Maybe any badge can be created by a member as long as they smoke all the brand offered by Ccom. Partagas for example has many sticks, but only 5 are listed in the Ccom cigar list. Smoke all 5 and you can create a Partagas Badge. Ccom offers 5 Tatuajae also. Smoke those 5 and you'll have the Tatuaje Badge. La Perla has 5 sticks, that could be a Black Pearl Badge. Diesel has 4 sticks in the High Ocatane Sample, that could be the High Ocatane Badge. And so on.

To deem it a "Special Forces Badge", one sticks would have to be Limited/Special Edition and smoked with the Badge sticks. And so on.

I think its a great idea! I'm always up for chain smoking cigars. Especially if I've set the day aside to smoke cigars and hang out with the fellas in a local B&M!

• KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    I thought the original mow badge was virtue , regular, ruination. Have to ask oz I think he came up with it.

"Long ashes my friends."

• BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    Krieg:
    I thought the original mow badge was virtue , regular, ruination. Have to ask oz I think he came up with it.
    That was my thought as well.
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BigT06:
    Krieg:
    Gotcha, like I said I thought the original badge was "X" but wasn't sure, so thanks for stepping in brothers ;)
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • bdmauk24bdmauk24 Posts: 74
    jr_p951:
    I thought about making just a "Badge Guide" with a few other brands in there too. 4 sticks is reasonable for a badge but the prize badges would be in the 5 to7 stick badges. Smoking 4 sticks back to back can be a challenge itself and should have some recognition. Shooting for 7 sticks and your almost off your rocker!

Maybe any badge can be created by a member as long as they smoke all the brand offered by Ccom. Partagas for example has many sticks, but only 5 are listed in the Ccom cigar list. Smoke all 5 and you can create a Partagas Badge. Ccom offers 5 Tatuajae also. Smoke those 5 and you'll have the Tatuaje Badge. La Perla has 5 sticks, that could be a Black Pearl Badge. Diesel has 4 sticks in the High Ocatane Sample, that could be the High Ocatane Badge. And so on.

To deem it a "Special Forces Badge", one sticks would have to be Limited/Special Edition and smoked with the Badge sticks. And so on.

I think its a great idea! I'm always up for chain smoking cigars. Especially if I've set the day aside to smoke cigars and hang out with the fellas in a local B&M!

+1
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    BigT06:
    Krieg:
    Not sure the armada was around for the original badge, was it? Also with Alex announcing the original crop for that one being gone...well, it might not always be an option in the future either...
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Posts: 1,101
    BigT06:
    Krieg:
    yup, pretty sure this is the case. I've had one of each these 3 resting away for about a year now waiting for the right day to get this done. Man having a little one in the house can make that challenging.
  • CvilleECvilleE Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭
    bump...any update Teege? Would love to see how this turns out.
    CvilleE:
    bump...any update Teege? Would love to see how this turns out.
    Still working on them I'll have some out by the weekend.
    Teege, I'm going to bump and old thread on this which already has a lot of the info in it, and the evidence of people earning theirs. Its a fun read.
    So would everyone consider this the "Rules" for the MOW stuff?

MoW Badge = Virtue, Original, Ruination
    MoW SF = Virtue, Original, Ruination, Special Edition
    Attachments on Badges:
    Combat Patch = Virtue and Original back to back
    Bronze Star = Original and Ruination back to back
    Silver Star = Virtue, Original, and Ruination back to back
    Ranger Tab = Virtue, Original, Ruination, and SE in one sitting

Or did yall just do away with the attachemnts and just go with badges all in one sitting?
  • I decided to resurrect this, what with the Side Projects being out and all.

Ive currently got the MOWs (including side projects) resting, waiting for a nice long day of fishing. is there a distinction for smoking all of those yet? Lemme know and I'll post pictures of the "event" and the ensuing medical paperwork!
  • BeernfritosBeernfritos Posts: 57
    Here we go...
    0505121104 0505121108 0505121154 0505121155 0505121249 0505121255 0505121357 0505121402 0505121423
    Still got the Armada and the side projects... takin a break to watch Last Actiona Hero and Commando... Then I'm goin for it, weather permitting!!

The fishing thing got cancelled, on account of a massive storm rolling through some time today. :(
  • oldsoulrevivaloldsoulrevival Posts: 632 ✭✭
    you're insane! There is no way I could smoke that many cigars in a day. Good luck to you, sir. If you die, can I have the rest of your beer?
    Don't give up now...looks like you have a pretty good place set up in case it does rain...Good Luck!
  • big chunksbig chunks Posts: 1,607
    Whats the name of that angel book?
  • chemforeverchemforever Posts: 1,200
    That cover remids me of the diablo game series for some reason :/
  • ImgemboImgembo Posts: 661 ✭✭
    chemforever:
    thats what i though it was too!!! very impressive feat btw.
    The start of Round 2,
    Then this.
    A nap and a gallon of water later...

Finished that book, too... Not a bad day, but 8 cigars.... Think I'll call it the PsyOps Badge, lol.
    big chunks:
    Whats the name of that angel book?

Imgembo:
    chemforever:
    thats what i though it was too!!! very impressive feat btw.
    Thats exactly what is! Here ya go
    Game is out in ten days, looks pretty good! Now If I could just smoke indoors...
  • good god i coud barely get through a 3rd of a man o war before i tossed it couldnt imagine smoking all of those
    Gettin through the first four was kinda rough, but still enjoyable. Polished off the sixer before starting on the Armada and Phalanx... and that was where I went wrong. Do not try this on a full stomach... of Belgian beer.
  • lol i bet youve got a tougher gut than I my friend lol
  • ImgemboImgembo Posts: 661 ✭✭
    If i ever attempt this i am cooking a steak to go with every one of them except the virtue i might opt for a pork chop for that. Congrats on smoking all of them. Also let us know how you feel in the A.M. lol You should proboly drink a freaking ton of water!!!
    Awesome man....congrats!
    CvilleE:
    Awesome man....congrats!
    LOL, well done man
  • Medic45Medic45 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭
    Congrats brother.....