Home Cigar 101
Options

cigar high?

2»

Comments

• Options
    jr_p951jr_p951 Posts: 1,121
    Yesterday I made Turkey Gumbo with the Thanksgiving left overs. I had a big bowl with some sweet tea and I was ready to relax with a nice cigar! My post meal treat was the Padilla Dominus and I was looking forward to ever bit of it!

I settled out on in the back yard and read about the fermentation and curing process of tobacco leaves. Well when I got down to the last 1/3 of the cigar, I felt like I needed to go lay on the couch! Just waaay relaxed and I could have drifted right to sleep! Not nausea, head spinning or uneasy stomach...I could have just went right to sleep. Thats my cigar high.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    jr_p951:
    Yesterday I made Turkey Gumbo with the Thanksgiving left overs. I had a big bowl with some sweet tea and I was ready to relax with a nice cigar! My post meal treat was the Padilla Dominus and I was looking forward to ever bit of it!

I settled out on in the back yard and read about the fermentation and curing process of tobacco leaves. Well when I got down to the last 1/3 of the cigar, I felt like I needed to go lay on the couch! Just waaay relaxed and I could have drifted right to sleep! Not nausea, head spinning or uneasy stomach...I could have just went right to sleep. Thats my cigar high.
    It sounds more like the turkey buzz kicked in. Turkey, actually Thanksgiving dinner, always does that to me.... It takes a great deal of energy to digest large meals, and when your stomach is full, blood is directed away from other organs including the nervous system.. Thus you feel the need to sleep especially if the dinner was heavy in fats and Carbs. That and the Alcohol which is a depressant on the central nervous system, I love it when Thanksgiving is at my house...My couch.
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    pawelwny1:
    here's the situation. I'm a cigarette smoker and I know what a nicotine high feels like. Smoking a Churchill cigar about halfway down I start getting nauseous and a lot more dizzy than with a cigarette. People have used the term "cigar high." Toughs or comments? Maybe I should just smoke a smaller cigar.
    This may have been addressed already, if so, sorry for the repetition. A few thoughts:
    1. Are you still smoking cigarettes all day, then a cigar? If so, you are already at your nicotine tolerance level, and then adding a cigar. It's like being a novice.
    2. Try to cut down the cigarettes, and when you just Must have one, smoke only high quality cigarettes, and smoke them like you'd smoke a cigar.
    3. I know this has been addressed, but inhaling is a habit, and while you're thinking about the cigar you may not inhale, but when you're just watching the tube, or shooting the breeze, you may be accidently doing so.
    Lastly, welcome to our world, try to give up the cigarettes, just think about that great cigar you'll have later! :)
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    I'd say that is more like a medical fact than a POV. Nicotine (and I assume some other compounds present) is a mind and mood altering chemical...as much a drug as cocaine or heroin. But even with my current tolerance, and the reduced *chemical* effect, I most certainly experience a change in mood when enjoying a good cigar......not unlike that from enjoying an excellent meal.
  • Options
    Bucking_WBucking_W Posts: 208 ✭✭
    pawelwny1:
    i asked a serious question. I don't think that was a serious answer.
    You got it, Meal after the meal. If I don't eat and I smoke a full cigar I get an extreme high woozy you might say. I enjoy a good full cigar after a full meal. I have some cigars that are actually good after a light lunch with an espresso.