Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

Tatuaje Monster Series...

greg2648greg2648 Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭
I am looking to complete my collection of The Monster Series. I have The Wolfman. I am looking for the others. I would be very generous witnh a trade or buy. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    Pm sent
  • Options
    Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    I have 1 drac and would part with 1 face, depending on what's up for trade.
  • Options
    415415 Posts: 951
    i might be able to help you out. but i dont have any franks. let me know if your interested
  • Options
    OchoZachoOchoZacho Posts: 1,471
    I also would like to add to the monster mash and already have the wolfman covered. I could only trade right now as Christmas is just around the corner, but I have a few high end sticks that I could make worthwhile for someone. Some that have a bit of age too.
  • Options
    wwesternwwestern Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭
    Stop wasting your time...just hunt boris's, and buy every single one you can find lol.
  • Options
    OchoZachoOchoZacho Posts: 1,471
    That one's on the list, I take it you favor those?
  • Options
    slickricslickric Posts: 705
    very eager to work something out with you! ems
  • Options
    MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    Slickric. Just like the CA forums, please post an introduction if you can. It helps people to get to know you and set up contacts here. If you set up a trade with Greg since you have no posts here, you will be asked to ship first.
  • Options
    slickricslickric Posts: 705
    thats understandable. i have been on ca so much lately i totally forgot to introduce myself. thanks for reminding me
  • Options
    415415 Posts: 951
    wwestern:
    Stop wasting your time...just hunt boris's, and buy every single one you can find lol.
    +1
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Yep. The Boris is the best cigar Tatuaje has ever made in my opinion (though I haven't smoked every cigar they've made, I have had a lot of the limited stuff, and almost all of the regular production stuff), better than even the Jar release Black Corona Gordas. The Boris is actually probably the only Tatuaje limited edition I would really trade most anything I have for (with a handful of exceptions... but not many). They really are amazingly balanced, bright, delicious sticks, and are smoking perfectly right now, unlike the Frank, which is starting to decline a bit.
  • Options
    Had a frank last month around halloween and it seemed pretty muted compared to the release reviews I read.
  • Options
    wwestern:
    Had a frank last month around halloween and it seemed pretty muted compared to the release reviews I read.
    I really enjoyed the Wolfman. Is the Boris that much better?
  • Options
    No idea marker I only got 4wolfs and I haven't fired one yet... But I will agree with doc it's the best tat I've had for sure.
  • Options
    wwestern:
    No idea marker I only got 4wolfs and I haven't fired one yet... But I will agree with doc it's the best tat I've had for sure.
    Give one a try. I am getting one more Wolfman. Had one and traded off 2. Wish I had not about now... It smoked great when I had it at Halloween.
  • Options
    robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    i'm sitting on a few of the Wolfman and a few Drac's... I'd love to check out the others, but i'm probbaly more likely to strike oil...
  • Options
    I might have to do that tomorrow night marker thanks for the good idea!
    Rob you can find em but be prepared to pay over 25 bucks a pop for em.
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Marker:
    wwestern:
    It's very different. While both use Sumatra wrappers, the Boris is much lighter, and brighter in flavor, and have a beautiful mint note that works its way through everything, and brings the whole stick together wonderfully. I liked the Wolf, and think it will age well, and is smoking great young, but it doesn't even begin to compare to the Boris.
  • Options
    docbp87:
    Marker:
    wwestern:
    It's very different. While both use Sumatra wrappers, the Boris is much lighter, and brighter in flavor, and have a beautiful mint note that works its way through everything, and brings the whole stick together wonderfully. I liked the Wolf, and think it will age well, and is smoking great young, but it doesn't even begin to compare to the Boris.
    From having the Wolfman I can sense the greatness that a year will have on this cigar. I will need to find a Boris or 3 if I can. Hard to do from what I hear.
  • Options
    oge7272oge7272 Posts: 1
    hey i realize this is an old post. I have 1 boris left , i have been looking for some franks. Let me know thank you
  • Options
    BcanusoBcanuso Posts: 26
    What is the current market price for a none dress box of each of the monster series if one was to come up for sale
  • Options
    avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thats a loaded question as it would come down to which release it is.  You can still get this past years release "The Hyde" from shops and "The Jeckel" can still be found somewhat easily.  You start getting into older releases and then you will see the prices start to go up.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    TridentTrident Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭
    Not all of the monsters came with non dress boxes.  The Frank and the Drac did not.  The non dress boxes started with the Face.  That being said, like Brad said ( @avengethis ) It is a very loaded question about market value.  I have followed the prices of all of them for some time.  What it comes down to...are you the buyer or the seller.  Also, if you are the buyer, what would you be happy with paying for one of the cigars.  Good luck with you hunt.  I know i am always looking for more of them.

• Options
    I have someone offering me a few boxes. Jv13s and mummies for $200 each. I know it's $20 a stick but still..
  • Options
    avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thats really not too bad of a price for them.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    Yea. I figured the 50-60 a box isn't really that big of a deal on something that might not come around to often
  • Options
    MikeToddMikeTodd Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭