Home General Discussion
Options

What's you opinion on Infused?

Just thought I might get some feedback on these. I have not tried them, so I figured I would ask before I buy some.

Comments

• Options
    First thing I need to do is get a grammar lesson!!!!!!!!!! I must be tired spelling like that.
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I assumed you meant an opinion on an onion....LOL
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Personally I like the Drew Estates Java Maduro and the Tabak Especiale . Just keep them in a seperate humi if you try some .
  • Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    GreenMachine:
    First thing I need to do is get a grammar lesson!!!!!!!!!! I must be tired spelling like that.
    you can edit your post on these forums anytime you like,, it will still let you, ohh, and i just cant do infused, i tried a tabak dulce or cafe con leche ?although was ok, not for me
  • Options
    jr_p951jr_p951 Posts: 1,121
    I don't mind a Java or other coffee infused every now and then. Like one a year, two is pushing it. I would never put anything infused it my winedor! I just can't do the Acids. I got a sampler a long time ago and that sampler was it. By the time I was done with the sampler, I was set for life. I've never smoked an Acid again.
  • Options
    KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Posts: 937 ✭✭✭
    Maybe I'm too old to enjoy them??
    My humple old-grumpy-man opinion.............infused cigars are LAME.
    I've tried a few Acids that were given to me..................freaking horrible.
    If I wanted to taste cheap grape bubblegum, I'd buy cheap grape bubblegum.
    If I want to get strong "coffee" flavor with my cigar, I'll have a coffee with my cigar.

end of grumpyoldman rant..........

• Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    KingoftheCove:
    Maybe I'm too old to enjoy them??
    My humple old-grumpy-man opinion.............infused cigars are LAME.
    I've tried a few Acids that were given to me..................freaking horrible.
    If I wanted to taste cheap grape bubblegum, I'd buy cheap grape bubblegum.
    If I want to get strong "coffee" flavor with my cigar, I'll have a coffee with my cigar.

end of grumpyoldman rant..........

bout wraps it up for me,lol
  • Options
    ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    I use to smoke infused when I first started smoking, but now that I have a more developed palate and smoke more full-bodied smokes infused are not appealing.
    I got a DE Tubak Especial from Seattle Cigar Fest and smoked it that day since I didn't want to put it in any humidor. The taste of the smoke was ok, but the sweetened cap was just nasty, I can personally say that I have moved on from infused.
    Each to their own you may like them, but for me give me a naturally sweet maduro with a slight sweetness on the finish.
    The CAO Soprano always seems to have a sryup-like sweetness on the finish.
  • Options
    chemforeverchemforever Posts: 1,200
    Cafe con leche, kuba kuba,Oppulence, and java mint aren't bad. To get a sampling there is an acid tin with an assortment that can sometimes be had for about 44 bones. it's best to buy small lots so they don't loose flavor as well. They are always more pleasing to the ladies if that's an issue :)
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    Blecht!!!
  • Options
    robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    I asked a similar question a few months back and pulled off a trade to try some... I've only tried 2... The Tabak Red Eye is a pretty good smoke once you get past the initial sweetness... the first half inch is cloyingly sweet, but after that it's a pretty goods smoke... and my wife will sit with me when I smoke them because they smell good to her... I also tried the Cafe con Leche and it was complete crap... got through about 1/3rd of if and washed my mouth out with a Diesel Shorty
  • Options
    boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Posts: 1,101
    yeah, infused are not me for either.

Chewing Redman got me into cigars so I like the flavor of tobacco too much to want to cover it up with anything. There have been a few that weren't so bad, like the Isla del Sol, and the Gurkha cognac tubos, but all in all, they really aren't my thing.

That being said, it's worth a shot if you haven't tried them. That way you can see if they are your thing, even if only occassionally.
  • Options
    Bobbo2009Bobbo2009 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭
    gmill880:
    Personally I like the Drew Estates Java Maduro and the Tabak Especiale . Just keep them in a seperate humi if you try some .

This. ^^^

I've got a seperate 20 ct. just for the DE Java's and DE TE. I will have one every couple of months. It's a nice break from the norm. I don't find them to be too sweet either.

Rob
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Though infused may not be my first choice of cigar, and I have no plans on buying any in the near future, there are several that I have enjoyed within the Acid, Heavenly, and CAO lines. If offered ANY cigar, I will smoke it and find a redeeming quality to it.
  • Options
    undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    I couldn't stand the idea of them and didn't consider them a cigar. . . at first. I tried to get my brother-in-law smoking cigars but then he'd smoke for 15 minutes and quit or just didn't want to go out. Then, I got a Kuba Kuba in a sampler and gifted it to him figuring I'd never smoke it. Well, he nubbed it. Now, that's all he'll buy and any time I want to go out for a cigar, he goes too and enjoys it just as much as I enjoy whatever I have. Needless to say my view has changed. Whatever makes you happy, go with it.
  • Options
    boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Posts: 1,101
    undulac:
    Whatever makes you happy, go with it.
    I like this line man . . . this what the hobby is about for me.
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Smoked a Dirt the other day,, Not bad,, No sweetened tip and was more towards a traditional.. I like em every now and then in the a.m. Gurkha Grand Reserve and Torano decadencias are good
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    I bought a big sampler of various infused stuff (pretty much all Drew Estate) from Tim shortly after I started smoking cigars regularly, to give them a fair shot. Unfortunately, I kept them in one of those cigar jars, and the seal was so tight that I think the infusions just sort of all mingled over time, and by the time I got around to smoking any of them, they all kind of tasted the same... and I didn't enjoy them. I have since then given the Tabak Especial and Java chances, and found them to be smokeable, but for coffee flavors in a cigar, I'd just as soon grab an AB Tempus, or Montecristo No. 4, and enjoy it thoroughly, rather than just "meh". I think that if you are going to smoke an infused cigar, then Drew is the way to go, since they use the highest quality tobaccos, and the same top notch rollers that roll their traditional stuff, so the product is very high quality, regardless of whether you like the infusion or not. They just aren't for me, and I ended up giving them away to girls at parties or who came over, and in some (good) cases, who spent the night heh.
  • Options
    KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Posts: 937 ✭✭✭
    docbp87:
    I ended up giving them away to girls at parties or who came over, and in some (good) cases, who spent the night heh.

Using infused cigars to lure chicks to spend the night................

frigging brilliant!!!

I'm now changing my opinion of infused cigars...................
  • Options
    firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    KingoftheCove:
    docbp87:
    I ended up giving them away to girls at parties or who came over, and in some (good) cases, who spent the night heh.

Using infused cigars to lure chicks to spend the night................

frigging brilliant!!!

I'm now changing my opinion of infused cigars...................

LOL
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've never tried any yet. I've been toying with the idea of trying the Java or one of the Whickey infused maybe even infuse one I already have and see how it goes.
  • Options
    Hate them , but the wife sometimes smokes the Java Latte and it does smell great.
  • Options
    RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    When I first started to get serious about cigars I wanted to give infused cigars A fair shake so I smoked them regularly for A while. What I found was that I prefer the natural tastes of tobacco over the infused ones. Now I keep A few on hand, mostly for my wife. Every now and then I'll smoke one just to remind myself of how good non-flavored tobacco is.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i do not smoke infused cigars and i have never been a fan of them. i used to not even be able to stand the smell of them.

now when i am in my B&M and they open the humidor off to the side for infused cigars, i get a waft of it and i am instantly taken back to Nicaragua and walking through the Drew Estates Factory with JD discussing the process, his quality control, and how the US government has negatively affected his sales. that smell was one of the first things we smelled when we walked in. we toured the infused half of the factory first.

so i have good memories associated with the smell of infused cigars.
  • Options
    I really enjoy a good rum or cognac infused stick. I think I would enjoy cherry but haven't tried one. I don't like an overwhelming infused flavor but if it adds a hint of character to the stick I might be down with that.
  • Options
    gaberoxgaberox Posts: 824
    I love coffee so I dont mind a Tabek Negro at all. Want to try the Red Eye actually. Other than that no thanks.
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    What's you opinion on Infused?

No doubt ALL sexy women on this planet should be infused with my love...