Home Ratings & Reviews

Shag foot

wwesternwwestern Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭
Just wanted to post how neat I think it is when I smoke a shag foot cigar. You no longer have to wonder what the wrapper adds to the cigar. Now I'm by no means saying what viaje did with the summerfest is cool, that's a rediculous waste of tobacco IMHO but like 1/4 inch or 1/2 inch shag is pretty damn cool.

Comments

• docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    wwestern:
    Just wanted to post how neat I think it is when I smoke a shag foot cigar. You no longer have to wonder what the wrapper adds to the cigar. Now I'm by no means saying what viaje did with the summerfest is cool, that's a rediculous waste of tobacco IMHO but like 1/4 inch or 1/2 inch shag is pretty damn cool.
    Totally agree with this, including the Summerfest lol.
  • DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    Which one would you recommend trying?
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Only one I tried like this was an El Mejor Emerald. It was a pretty cool experience, I agree, although the stick as a whole was average to me. Smoked it while driving though, so maybe I'd like it more with more focus.

But am I the only one who clicked on this wondering if it was about big feet? You know, Shaq foot...
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    wwestern:
    If you ask me, which you didn't...shaggy is awesome, but I like a good 1 inch of filler only to give a sense of what it brings to the table. I was very disappointed with the My Father "El Hijo" which has approximately 1/8 inch of unfinished tobacco and the Tatuaje Wolfman that doesn't have much more. I guess you could say I'm a shag foot snob, but damn it all if I don't know what I like.
  • wwesternwwestern Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭
    It'd be neat if you could find one that had like a half inch filler on than anothe half of filler with binder then you could really see how it built up.
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    I have some Johnny-O customs and Hamlet customs that have closer to an inch of filler beyond the wrapper, and they are really interesting to smoke. I agree Joe, that the El Hijo doesn't have enough filler exposed to serve any purpose other than aesthetics.