Home Non Cigar Related

Got a new job!

Interviewed today for a new job as a parts driver for a heavy trucking company. I thought the interview went well and they let me know they had 3 other candidates for the position but would let me know within the next couple of days. Well they called me just a little over an hour after the interview and offered me the position. It's better hours, better money and I no longer have to drive in the mountains of vermont and new hampshire through the winter.

The wife and I are celebrating by going out to dinner tonight then I think I'll fire up something special when I get home. I'm thinking an Armada or a Cohiba xv.

Comments

• MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    Grats Daniel. Glad things are looking up for you.
  • Man that's awesome! Congrats!
  • rburke1129rburke1129 Posts: 386
    Congrats!!
    Sorry I'm late, but a manure spreader jack-knifed on the Santa Anna.
  • robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    Freakin sweet bro! sounds like the quality of life is on the uptick for you... that's great!

and have the armada!
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Very nice Daniel.. Congratulations
  • Congrats Bro! Just in time for the holidays too!
  • TeegeTeege Posts: 660
    Congrats man that's awesome!!!!
  • BombayBombay Posts: 1,207
    Congrats Daniel!
  • smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    danielruas:
    Interviewed today for a new job as a parts driver for a heavy trucking company. I thought the interview went well and they let me know they had 3 other candidates for the position but would let me know within the next couple of days. Well they called me just a little over an hour after the interview and offered me the position. It's better hours, better money and I no longer have to drive in the mountains of vermont and new hampshire through the winter.

The wife and I are celebrating by going out to dinner tonight then I think I'll fire up something special when I get home. I'm thinking an Armada or a Cohiba xv.
    Congrats brother..be safe on the road.
  • DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    Congrats on the new job
  • jr_p951jr_p951 Posts: 1,121
    Atta boy!! Enjoy the Armada!
  • jimmyv723jimmyv723 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭
    Very cool, big time congrats.
    Ken Light 3K MOW Badge - 8/14
    2015 Gang War - East Coast
    Enola Gay - Target #29

• fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Great news, I am certain you earned the opportunity
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    That's awesome brother! Congrats!
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    danielruas:

congratulations! So when am I gonna see you on Ice Road Truckers??? ;)

"Long ashes my friends."

• The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    WOO HOO!!! Big congrats my brother - Anejo in your honor tonight!!! :-)

• The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    The Sniper:
    WOO HOO!!! Big congrats my brother - Anejo in your honor tonight!!! :-)

But wait a second... what about all this whining lately that there are no jobs to be had out there? Guess you figured it out - YA GOTTA LOOK! :-)

• docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Congratulations Daniel! Way to go dude.
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    congrats, stay safe, alot of nutjob drivers out there
  • taythegibstaythegibs Posts: 2,025
    Congrats! The Hiring manager at work told me the same thing at the beginning of my interview, Before i left i had a job (i very much believe that how you appear and conduct yourself means more than anything in most cases). Good Luck with it!
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    This is sick news bro. Congrats.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Congratulations bro. Hope you enjoyed that cigar!
  • danielruasdanielruas Posts: 778
    Thank you everyone, I went with the armada the other night to celebrate, it was my first armada, awesome smoke.
  • spindriftspindrift Posts: 818 ✭✭
    Great smoke...very nice flavors...
  • BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    Very, very cool. Good choice btw. Never go wrong with an Armada!!