Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Camacho Connecticut

y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
Anyone tried this one yet? My B&M got them in recently, but for $14 a stick, I want to know if they're worth the coin.

Comments

• Options
    ndhaon91ndhaon91 Posts: 441
    I didn't care for it. Just nothing unique or interesting about it.

If you're looking for a really good medium bodied Connie, I think the San Cristobal Elegancia is awesome.
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    ndhaon91:
    I didn't care for it. Just nothing unique or interesting about it. If you're looking for a really good medium bodied Connie, I think the San Cristobal Elegancia is awesome.
    I think the Camacho Connie is great, but there are a few others that have hit the market recently that are killer... the Room 101 Connie (which has obvious similarities to the Camacho, given that they are made by Camacho), and the EP Carrillo New Wave Connecticut in particular that are awesome. It is a great time to be a fan of Medium bodied, dry flavored Connecticut shade.
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    docbp87:
    ndhaon91:
    I didn't care for it. Just nothing unique or interesting about it. If you're looking for a really good medium bodied Connie, I think the San Cristobal Elegancia is awesome.
    I think the Camacho Connie is great, but there are a few others that have hit the market recently that are killer... the Room 101 Connie (which has obvious similarities to the Camacho, given that they are made by Camacho), and the EP Carrillo New Wave Connecticut in particular that are awesome. It is a great time to be a fan of Medium bodied, dry flavored Connecticut shade.
    I really like the new San Cristobal as well
  • Options
    y2pascoe:
    Anyone tried this one yet? My B&M got them in recently, but for $14 a stick, I want to know if they're worth the coin.
    Just want to be sure you are talking about the regular Camacho conny not the room 101 connie made by camacho..The reason I pose this question is the price point that your B&M is selling them at
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    the Camacho Connecticut is great, but not for $14. for $7-9 is about right.
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    yeah...$14 seems a bit high, not a bad stick though.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just picked up a couple Camacho Connie's for $7 apiece at the B&M a few weeks ago...they're great, but I prefer the Room 101 Connecticut.

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • Options
    y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    The Kid:
    y2pascoe:
    Just want to be sure you are talking about the regular Camacho conny not the room 101 connie made by camacho..The reason I pose this question is the price point that your B&M is selling them at
    Yup, the Camacho conny.
  • Options
    y2pascoe:
    The Kid:
    y2pascoe:
    Yup, the Camacho conny.
    I got a couple, send me your addy
  • Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Kid:
    y2pascoe:
    The Kid:
    y2pascoe:
    Yup, the Camacho conny.
    dont you have my addy? lol
  • Options
    jj20030:
    The Kid:
    y2pascoe:
    The Kid:
    y2pascoe:
    Yup, the Camacho conny.
    dont you have my addy? lol
    written on my heart big guy!!lol,,You like these too,,duely noted!!!
  • Options
    dbeckom:
    I just picked up a couple Camacho Connie's for $7 apiece at the B&M a few weeks ago...they're great, but I prefer the Room 101 Connecticut.
    the room 101 connie is probably my favorite release of 2011.
  • Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    kuzi16:
    dbeckom:
    I wouldn't put it above the Undercrown for my taste preferences... but it's def top 3. The SL Connie is up there as well. Weird that I like those 2 connies that much, as I don't smoke connies but about 5% of the time...
  • Options
    BigT06:
    kuzi16:
    dbeckom:
    I wouldn't put it above the Undercrown for my taste preferences... but it's def top 3. The SL Connie is up there as well. Weird that I like those 2 connies that much, as I don't smoke connies but about 5% of the time...
    i have yet to try an undercrown. that may be better than the room 101 connie for me but i have yet to have the opportunity to try one.
  • Options
    dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    BigT06:
    kuzi16:
    dbeckom:
    i have yet to try an undercrown. that may be better than the room 101 connie for me but i have yet to have the opportunity to try one.
    Matt, the Undercrown is fantastic! I was gifted one a couple weeks ago and had it last week. If I had more I'd definitely send a couple your way. As for the Room 101 Connie, I'm right there with you...it and the Undercrown are my favorite new releases of the year. It's too close to call which is on top!

While on Room 101, what's your opinion on the Namakubi?

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    kuzi16:
    BigT06:
    kuzi16:
    dbeckom:
    I can fix that, brother. PM sent