Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Exile Wired

JDHJDH Posts: 2,107
I bought some of these about 4 years ago. I was hoping some age would improve them, but I really don't care for the flavor profile.

Has anyone else had them, and what did you think?

Comments

• Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haven't even heard of them, mind shooting me a PM with info on them? If you don't care for them and they sound interesting to me I'd be up for a trade soon, just let me know via PM
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    pm sent
  • Options
    MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    I was sent one by Brotheradam. The flavor for me was great but the thing would not stay lit, burned like hell. Had to constantly tend to it when I was at an outdoor party. Annoying as crap. Sadly it had much potential.
  • Options
    Here's a quote from The Stogie Guys that just about sums it up for me:

The medium-bodied flavor, notably consistent from light to nub, has a spicy cedar core with tones of ginger, walnut, and wine. Balanced, albeit slightly dry. The aftertaste is smooth and mellow with a soft pepper tingle.

When he says ginger, he really means it, and when he says dry, think Sonora desert dry.
  • Options
    Shaun.Harrison87Shaun.Harrison87 Posts: 1,971
    I have one that was gifted and I hear great things about them, maybe a touch on the dry side...excited to smoke it this spring and check it out
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    90+ Irishman:
    Haven't even heard of them, mind shooting me a PM with info on them? If you don't care for them and they sound interesting to me I'd be up for a trade soon, just let me know via PM
    Why PM it? Just post! Information is good, and more for everyone is better!

Made first by Argenti, then Berger and Argenti after Argenti teamed up with Don Kiki Berger (who is doing big things right now, and has some big things on the horizon!), packaged wrapped in newspaper with headlines about the Cuban embargo on it, the cigar was intended as a less expensive line, less than the (highly regarded, much loved, powerhouse) Entubar, but still in line with the boutique brand style, production, and mentality. Filler is Dominican and Nicaraguan, binder is Conn. Broadleaf, wrapper is Ecuador grown Criollo.

I've smoked two of them I think, and didn't care for either... but I do dig the Entubar (especially the Quad Maduro) a lot. Kind of gimmicky, but the gimmick works.