Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

Ccom College Football Bowl Confidence Pool 2011

zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
Yes, Its that time fellas and gals(dont know if we have any)...

To participate:
Must be on the good traders list. If you are not, please do so before signing up.

This is a bowl confidence pool, very simple and fun way to enjoy all the college bowl games.

Rules:
At the end of the bowl season, after the BCS Championship game, the site will tally up the scores to see who had the best bowl. Depending on how many people sign up, we will determine how many packages of smokes 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place will win.

If you are not one of the top 3, you will have to send one package of smokes. Again, we will determine that once we are set. You will not have to send it to all 3 winners, just one.

The smokes should not be "yard gars" and do not have to be Opus X type, if you want to send premiums thats fine of course. This is more of a PIF+ type package.

All picks must be submitted before the 1st bowl game starts! If you enter and forget(bandyt), unfortunately you will have to send out smokes..

I have signed up at Yahoo Sports.

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/bowl
***select, JOIN GROUP***

Group ID #: 7077
Password: Maduro

Again, please only sign up if you wish to participate in this game, do not just sign up, you will be responsible for sending out smokes.

Good Luck fellas!!!!

Comments

• Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Trying to check it out,, but when I click Join group it asks for a yahoo user id,, May be able to go another route and join but would need group name
  • Options
    The Kid:
    Trying to check it out,, but when I click Join group it asks for a yahoo user id,, May be able to go another route and join but would need group name
    That would be your yahoo account information first. I'm guessing everyone has a yahoo account.

Group ID #: 7077
    Password: Maduro
  • Options
    TeegeTeege Posts: 660
    signed up
  • Options
    firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    signed up
  • Options
    scarlinscarlin Posts: 1,592
    So is this basically a bowl pick 'em ?
  • Options
    scarlin:
    So is this basically a bowl pick 'em ?
    yup
  • Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    I have officially joined. I will enjoy your cigars, guys.
  • Options
    Bobbo2009Bobbo2009 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭
    I'm in. I have to defend my title from last year. I'll hit up the website later tonight. Good luck guys!!!

Rob
  • Options
    spindriftspindrift Posts: 818 ✭✭
    What exactly is "send one package of smokes"? How many is the norm (not that it matters to some here)?
  • Options
    Bobbo2009Bobbo2009 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭
    spindrift:
    What exactly is "send one package of smokes"? How many is the norm (not that it matters to some here)?

Last year the norm was between 5-7. Some sent more (some here don't know how to count!).

Rob
  • Options
    Bobbo2009:
    spindrift:

Last year the norm was between 5-7. Some sent more (some here don't know how to count!).

Rob
    Thanks, was wondering bout that myself, How many positions in the league,,BTW I already signed up
  • Options
    The Kid:
    Bobbo2009:
    spindrift:

Rob
    Thanks, was wondering bout that myself, How many positions in the league,,BTW I already signed up
    Yea, I would say about 5 smokes at least is fair and worth watching over a month worth of bowl games. No limit on people who sign up, just makes the pot of stogies better!
  • Options
    VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    Ill sign up, since youve taken over running it from my apparently incompetent hands;).....We've always done Top 2 are the winners too btw...its up to you, but with usually only between 7-11 guys, 3 winners seems like alot----rather have 2 nice packages to the top 2.....just my opinion.
  • Options
    ok-[----Im retarded...Im putting in 7077 and Maduro and its telling me the password is incorrect.....help!?
  • Options
    any idea when we can start our picks?
  • Options
    Vulchor:
    ok-[----Im retarded...Im putting in 7077 and Maduro and its telling me the password is incorrect.....help!?
    not sure, thats the group ID and the password.. maybe sign into yahoo account first? But, also regarding the prize breakdown, depends on how many players we get, then we'll go top 2 or 3 if we have a good amount of sign-ups.
  • Options
    The Kid:
    any idea when we can start our picks?
    Once the bowl games are set, which is after this weekend, we can start picking.

Not to TheKid, but everyone.. Remember, this is a bowl confidence pick..if anyone does not know what that means, you can read the rules on yahoo when you register.
  • Options
    scarlinscarlin Posts: 1,592
    I am in, also the password is case sensitive and a lower case M.
  • Options
    JHeweyJHewey Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭
    I'm in.
  • Options
    kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    So I am in.
  • Options
    Bowl games are set fellas!

You can start picking, but once the first game starts, its done.

I know we have alot more football fans here!!
  • Options
    I gotta create another user, as for some reason I cant sign in with the new yahoo account I created,,Hope this wont pose any problems
  • Options
    Games start tomorrow fellas!!!

Make sure you get your picks in and anyone who hasnt signed up yet, you still can until the first game starts!!
  • Options
    The Kid:
    I gotta create another user, as for some reason I cant sign in with the new yahoo account I created,,Hope this wont pose any problems
    I created two users one has picks the other does not as I was never able to log back into it.. Good Luck Evrybody
  • Options
    already down my 19 and 12 point games------not good.
  • Options
    TeegeTeege Posts: 660
    I just did mine straight I really didnt change them based on confidence so I just hope I picked winners lol
  • Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    Teege:
    I just did mine straight I really didnt change them based on confidence so I just hope I picked winners lol
    me too. lol. I moved like 3 of them to adjust for points... then I got lazy. Oh well, as long as I was right, it don't matter.
  • Options
    you can change them up to 5 minutes before the game kicks off. what you have now does not mean its locked in. if the game starts then yes, but you can change the points as long as the game has not started.
  • Options
    As I sit in first-----which means I only have one way to go from here, lol-----I guess would be a good time to clairify, vote, whatever---------Do the top 2 picks win somthing....or the Top 3? Whats the "payout" going to be?
  • Options
    I think we have 10 total players. So the first place should get 5, second 3, and third 2.. , or we can go just top two, first get 6 and second gets 4. Any way I'm ok with.