Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

So, what can ya say......

jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
About a guy like the Sniper? I mean, this guy is generosity personified. I have not a clue as to what his reasoning was but he just bombed the living bejabbers out of me and I don't know why. Unless he just has a generosity gene that goes haywire once in a while. He evidently went peeking through my bio and ran across my wish list. Not my list of favorites, but the list of sticks I'd love to try but probably never will for various reasons.

Now, I wasn't reaching for the moon with that list. I only had 6 particular sticks on it. So, what does he do?? He sends all six!!. There was a God of Fire, an Opus X, a Diamond Crown, an Ashton, a Zino Platinum Scepter, and a Davidoff. AND HE SENT ONE OF EACH!! I'm blown away, here.

Of course, wouldn't ya know it? There are provisos attached that he wants me to live up to. First, I can only give these puppies two weeks of rest before I begin enjoying the delights of Shangri-La by firing up one of them. Then, I MUST smoke at least one of them a week thereafter until I've smoked them all. The guy's cagey, right?? He doesn't want me telling him how great they were and then selling them to some newbie for a profit. Okay, I can live with that. And then, on top of that, he wants me to let him know what I think of each one of them after I've smoked it. So, it's the plan that I'll start a thread in the T, P, &B section and post my reactions to each stick after I've smoked it.

After a display of generosity like this man just dumped on me, how can I refuse? Right?? Okay, Glen, I agree. Gladly, willingly, happily. And I can't begin to thank you enough for this gift. It'll be hard to return a favor of this magnitude but I'll be working on it. Thank you, my friend, sincerely, thank you.

Here's a photo of the artillery: (Sorry about the chintzy phone/camera)

Oh, and by the way, Glen, you have a PM.

Comments

• Options
    greg2648greg2648 Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭
    jlmarta:
    About a guy like the Sniper? I mean, this guy is generosity personified. I have not a clue as to what his reasoning was but he just bombed the living bejabbers out of me and I don't know why. Unless he just has a generosity gene that goes haywire once in a while. He evidently went peeking through my bio and ran across my wish list. Not my list of favorites, but the list of sticks I'd love to try but probably never will for various reasons.

Now, I wasn't reaching for the moon with that list. I only had 6 particular sticks on it. So, what does he do?? He sends all six!!. There was a God of Fire, an Opus X, a Diamond Crown, an Ashton, a Zino Platinum Scepter, and a Davidoff. AND HE SENT ONE OF EACH!! I'm blown away, here.

Of course, wouldn't ya know it? There are provisos attached that he wants me to live up to. First, I can only give these puppies two weeks of rest before I begin enjoying the delights of Shangri-La by firing up one of them. Then, I MUST smoke at least one of them a week thereafter until I've smoked them all. The guy's cagey, right?? He doesn't want me telling him how great they were and then selling them to some newbie for a profit. Okay, I can live with that. And then, on top of that, he wants me to let him know what I think of each one of them after I've smoked it. So, it's the plan that I'll start a thread in the T, P, &B section and post my reactions to each stick after I've smoked it.

After a display of generosity like this man just dumped on me, how can I refuse? Right?? Okay, Glen, I agree. Gladly, willingly, happily. And I can't begin to thank you enough for this gift. It'll be hard to return a favor of this magnitude but I'll be working on it. Thank you, my friend, sincerely, thank you.

Here's a photo of the artillery: (Sorry about the chintzy phone/camera)

Oh, and by the way, Glen, you have a PM.
    Amazing hit, Glen.
  • Options
    spindriftspindrift Posts: 818 ✭✭
    That works for sure, good job.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Congrats on the great sticks. Can't wait to see the reviews. Nice display of generosity Glen.
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wonderful sticks Glen, and honestly a great story behind it as well! What an over-the-top gesture from an amazing brother! There isn't a more deserving recipient though and you deserve it my friend!! CONGRATS!
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    This makes me happy!!!!
  • Options
    WOW! awesome sticks there...awesome hit for sure...wow
  • Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    You got sniped. Hard.
  • Options
    TeegeTeege Posts: 660
    Amazing hit I would say its more like a KO...

• Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    That's awesome, and I like the stipulation that you not horde them, and have to smoke them. I think a lot of guys put the *** on the pedestal, and stash stuff only for special occasions... which never come, so they have these amazing sticks, they never try. Frankly, any time your palate is fresh, and the weather is nice, and you have a few hours to sit in peace... that's the perfect time to smoke an amazing cigar. I don't know about you, but it is usually too cold to smoke on my birthday and christmas, and Thanksgiving and other holidays are often too crazy busy to have time to myself to enjoy a good one, so a random sunday in April when the sun is shining, and I've had a good meal becomes the ideal time to burn that Cohiba Gran Reserva, when the setting is actually perfect.

Amazing hit!
  • Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Very nice hit Glen! The polar bear just got destroyed lol
  • Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    Well, here's the part of the story Marty DIDN'T tell y'all... a while back I was having some storage issues, and Marty offered to help in any way he could. Not just the usual wink-wink, nudge-nudge "Oh, I'LL keep em for ya, just send em on over!" thing we usually do - the guy was serious. Whatever I can do to help, let me know and its done.

I thought THAT kind of generosity deserved a little something, so I checked his Bio and hit PAYDIRT. LOL

And doc had the right of it in his post above - the stipulations werent because I was worried he would trade them off or re-bomb them (a bomb is a gift in my opinion, the recipient can do with them as he pleases). It was to make sure he smoked them and enjoyed them instead of saving them for "special occasions" that somehow never seem QUITE special enough to spark one up, especially when you've only got one or two of the stick in question.

Marty, no payback, retribution, return fire, whatever is required nor expected. I did this because you are a solid BOTL, and I happened to be in a position to hook YOU up for your generosity. So enjoy the sticks! I hope every dang one of em lives up to your expectations, and I look forward to hearing what you think of em. :-)

Going to reply to your pm now.

• Options
    That's really REALLY awesome of you guys. SOLID people here.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Glen you are awsome my friend ... and Marty that was a great gesture of kindness . 2 great guys that help make this forum what it is .
  • Options
    jimmyv723jimmyv723 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭
    Very cool and it's awesome seeing stuff like this. Great group of people on here and it just makes an already great hobby that much better.
    Ken Light 3K MOW Badge - 8/14
    2015 Gang War - East Coast
    Enola Gay - Target #29

• Options
    DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    It's rare to find a forum with so much actual comraderie. You guys don't rag the noobs , are willing to help, and have alot of fun.. Thanks for making this a cool place to hang.
  • Options
    jimmyv723jimmyv723 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭
    Direwolf:
    It's rare to find a forum with so much actual comraderie. You guys don't rag the noobs , are willing to help, and have alot of fun.. Thanks for making this a cool place to hang.
    Well said. As a very recent noob myself I felt very welcome from the start. I mean, I was just happy to find a cool cigar forum but to have someone send me some cigars out of the blue and then be involved in a couple trades within my first week is pretty cool. You guys definitely rock and glad to be a part of the madness. :)
    Ken Light 3K MOW Badge - 8/14
    2015 Gang War - East Coast
    Enola Gay - Target #29

• Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jimmyv723:
    Direwolf:
    Well said. As a very recent noob myself I felt very welcome from the start. I mean, I was just happy to find a cool cigar forum but to have someone send me some cigars out of the blue and then be involved in a couple trades within my first week is pretty cool. You guys definitely rock and glad to be a part of the madness. :)
    Glad that you and so many others feel welcomed here that's what we all try to do! Jimmy yours is assembled and flies tomorrow ;)
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."