Home Cigar 101

New to the Cigar World and wondering what to buy so I can get a feel for what I like.  Any suggestions?

Comments

• Bobbo2009Bobbo2009 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭
    joomingun78:
    New to the Cigar World and wondering what to buy so I can get a feel for what I like.  Any suggestions?

First off, Welcome to the boards. You won't find a finer bunch of BOTL's anywhere.

I would suggest buying samplers. That's what I've been doing for over a year now. There are alot of samplers to choose from. Read about them and pick what sounds good. One that I would suggest is the cigar.com House Blends sampler. It will give you a good idea on what kinds of cigars you want to focus on: wrapper, strength and flavor. Also, get yourself a bigger humi. If you think a 50ct will work, but a 100ct. if you think a 150ct will work buy a 300ct. If you think a 300ct will work, but a cooler. You will find out very fast around here that you can get seriously addicted to buying and you will run out of room quickly. Good luck, have fun and ENJOY!!

Rob
  • scarlinscarlin Posts: 1,592
    Bobbo2009:
    joomingun78:

First off, Welcome to the boards. You won't find a finer bunch of BOTL's anywhere.

I would suggest buying samplers. That's what I've been doing for over a year now. There are alot of samplers to choose from. Read about them and pick what sounds good. One that I would suggest is the cigar.com House Blends sampler. It will give you a good idea on what kinds of cigars you want to focus on: wrapper, strength and flavor. Also, get yourself a bigger humi. If you think a 50ct will work, but a 100ct. if you think a 150ct will work buy a 300ct. If you think a 300ct will work, but a cooler. You will find out very fast around here that you can get seriously addicted to buying and you will run out of room quickly. Good luck, have fun and ENJOY!!

Rob
    He hit everything, great BOTLs (Brothers of the Leaf) here. I personally would recommend a sampler that doesn't hit the wallet too hard and one with many different brands or the House blends sampler. For some reason cigars collecting is addicting (and its NOT the nicotine).
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    joomingun78:
    buy everything you can in small quantities.

keep notes on what you smoke. use the notes to help with further purchases.

that is in my opinion the BEST way to learn about what you like in a cigar.
  • Welcome to the forum! You've just gained a lot of friends.
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    joomingun78:
    buy everything you can in small quantities.

keep notes on what you smoke. use the notes to help with further purchases.

that is in my opinion the BEST way to learn about what you like in a cigar.
    +10 sage advise
  • spindriftspindrift Posts: 818 ✭✭
    Welcome...As a fairly new member here, I view many of the threads to learn as much as possible...There is a good reason why so many agree on what is quality and what is crap...Start with the quality, most of us have already wasted funds on crap...
  • slickricslickric Posts: 705
    spindrift:
    Welcome...As a fairly new member here, I view many of the threads to learn as much as possible...There is a good reason why so many agree on what is quality and what is crap...Start with the quality, most of us have already wasted funds on crap...
    AMEN!!! preach on! i can't tell you how much $ i have flushed trying to find good cigars on my own. at first i chose them on how they were advertised.BAD IDEA! then i was lucky enough to meet my now best friend evan, and he helped me save a lot of $. so i would say search the forums for any question you may have and also don't be afraid to ask as many questions as possible. the people here are a great group and they love to help anyone who needs it. please feel free to ask me for anything, anytime.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The samplers are a great way to go. The house blends are a great one, another of my favorites is the freedom sampler, loved it.