Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Graycliff Profesionale PG

I got a 5er of these with a 5er of My Fathers in the daily deal 5-6 months ago and tried them for the first time the last few nights and they were hands down the worst rolled smokes I have ever had.  I am still new to this hobby and don't have the background to write a review but just wanted to hit on a few points.  I tried smoking 3 of the 5 and gave the other 2 to a friend to see if they had the same experience in which they did.  These sticks crackled and popped when trying to smoke and were so tightly rolled that you could not produce any smoke at all.  When I looked at the foot it almost looked as if there were seeds or something in the stick.  I am curious if anyone has had any experiences like this or any input as to what I may have been experiencing.  I couldn't make it past the halfway mark on any of the 3 that I tried.  Just seems odd to me as they are retailed at $16 a pop. All input would be greatly appreciated as this newbie is trying to figure out the wonderful world of cigars.

Comments

• Options
    jimmyv723jimmyv723 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭
    Got a 5/5 deal with these and Cohiba Red Dots and mine were also the worst cigar I've had as well. Told CS where I got them from and was told it was my fault for the way they were stored even after saying multiple times that these were the only cigars I had these types of problems with. I threw one of them across the yard I got so frustrated and I just can not see how they warrant the high MSRP they have on them. I know I got a good deal with them being about $4 a stick as part of the package but it's not a good deal if you can't even enjoy them.

I posted about these in another thread after I first joined here because someone had an issue with a different cigar they got through here and were sent a five pack. I said in that thread that I will buy from here now instead of where I got these just because of that type of CS. I just don't understand how after explaining that you have an issue with something and that it was the only one you had issues with that they just tell you it's your fault. At least I know I wasn't the only one and it's just a shame because flavor wise it seemed like it would have been a great cigar but I just couldn't smoke the damn things.
    Ken Light 3K MOW Badge - 8/14
    2015 Gang War - East Coast
    Enola Gay - Target #29

• Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    I've smoked a lot of Graycliff cigars, I like 'em, but they're not consistent. My suggestion is make sure they get plenty of rest first, at good humidity, and then pretty much just hope for the best. And never, ever pay full price for them, they are way overpriced. Regarding the Professionale, I've had the best luck with the pirate vitola, but I've had great PGs too, and some not so great.
  • Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    only one i ever had i did not like, i have 1 in the humi and every time i pick it up i put it back down,lol , last night as a matter of fact , i like the crystal and platinums though
  • Options
    wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    Damn. That's one of the Graycliffs that I've always wanted to try, but I could never justify spending 15+ on it just to sample.
  • Options
    wwhwang:
    Damn. That's one of the Graycliffs that I've always wanted to try, but I could never justify spending 15+ on it just to sample.

I wouldn't spend the money if I was you.  I got them for $5 a piece through the daily deal and they aren't even worth that.  Complete waste of money IMO.
  • Options
    y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    I have one or two of these in my humi that I haven't tried yet. After reading this I may have to fire on up this week. The most recent Graycliff I had was the 1666. I've seen them get a bad wrap, but the one I had was pretty good, but definitely not worth the price tag. In general I think the Graycliff line is overpriced.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I'm not a huge fan of Graycliff however I really like the Turbo. The 1666 was ok, the Double Expresso was ehh and the regular expresso was ehh. I regular G2 was pretty mild from what I remember. The Professional was too peppery for me. I have had a few and they were just ok. I have one now in my smoking humi so I'll see how it goes. Oh, I also had the Crystal and Platinum Edicion Limitada and I really liked them but only had one of each. I would love to try the regular Crystal, Chateau Gran Cru and the other regular production blends but not at the price they are selling at so until there is some great deal I won't be trying them.
  • Options
    y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    rwheelwright:
    I'm not a huge fan of Graycliff however I really like the Turbo. The 1666 was ok, the Double Expresso was ehh and the regular expresso was ehh. I regular G2 was pretty mild from what I remember. The Professional was too peppery for me. I have had a few and they were just ok. I have one now in my smoking humi so I'll see how it goes. Oh, I also had the Crystal and Platinum Edicion Limitada and I really liked them but only had one of each. I would love to try the regular Crystal, Chateau Gran Cru and the other regular production blends but not at the price they are selling at so until there is some great deal I won't be trying them.
    I enjoy the G2 Presidente as my go-to, golf course smoke. Very creamy, buttery smoke to them, and you they're cheap.
  • Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    jimmyv723:
    Got a 5/5 deal with these and Cohiba Red Dots and mine were also the worst cigar I've had as well.
    celtic250:
    I got a 5er of these with a 5er of My Fathers in the daily deal 5-6 months ago and tried them for the first time the last few nights and they were hands down the worst rolled smokes I have ever had.

Ah, more satisfied Graycliff fans I see... LOL Better keep your voices down though, or certain people around here will bomb you with a box of the damned things - ask me how I know! LOL

• Options
    HAHAHA I don't think I want to find out!!
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I got some G2 Turbo Edicion Limitada on the way along with a few Avelino Lara 80th. I wanna try these so I only ordered a few of each.