Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

December cigar of the month

Just got my cigar of the month club package today. What does everyone think of it?

Comments

• Options
    What was/is it/they?
  • Options

PM'D

DONT KNOW IF THEY WANT THE LIST BEING OUT THERE

• Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    buckeyecigar:

PM'D

DONT KNOW IF THEY WANT THE LIST BEING OUT THERE

It isn't a secret.
  • Options
    Ok sorry
    Pueblo domincano
    Rp decade
    Punch rare Corojo 10 Ann
    Hoyo de tradicion
    Nud dub

• Options
    buckeyecigar:
    Ok sorry Pueblo domincano Rp decade Punch rare Corojo 10 Ann Hoyo de tradicion Nud dub

Im happy with the Pueblo and the NUB DUB. The Rare Corojo is a favorite of mine so thats a winner for me too. Not so hot on the RP Decasde and the Hoyo but thats just me. Not sure I got my 30 bucks worth on this one to be honest, just doesnt feel like $30 worth of smokes IMO.....but Ill stay enrolled!!
  • Options
    robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    AJGARLETT:
    buckeyecigar:
    Ok sorry Pueblo domincano Rp decade Punch rare Corojo 10 Ann Hoyo de tradicion Nud dub

Im happy with the Pueblo and the NUB DUB. The Rare Corojo is a favorite of mine so thats a winner for me too. Not so hot on the RP Decasde and the Hoyo but thats just me. Not sure I got my 30 bucks worth on this one to be honest, just doesnt feel like $30 worth of smokes IMO.....but Ill stay enrolled!!
    I could smoke that decade for you if you want... ya know, just to help you out...

sounds like a good selection to me, but not sure I'd pay $30 for it so i see your point...
  • Options
    I agree with you. My first club and the pueblo was supposed to be the super premium, not too excited about that. Probably my last
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    COTM is not for those who are picky.

i could never be on that.
    i am getting real picky about things now that ive been in this a while and i understand what i like.
  • Options
    ndhaon91ndhaon91 Posts: 441
    Glad I dropped the club last month. It seemed like they'd gotten the message with a few strong months, but the biggest (read: only) draw of the club is that for $5 you'll get a genuine super-premium that you typically wouldn't drop $20 on. To me, that's Davidoff, Ashton VSG, Anejo, Opus, Camacho PE, My Father Le Bijou, Padron 1926, etc.
  • Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    I'v e been a member for almost a year... I was disappointed with this one. Very.

not sure how a $5 cigar made as the feature stick... this month was not worth the money.

not gonna bash ccom for it, all I'm going to say is that next month will either be better, or it will be my last month. I think I may be getting too picky for the cotm club.
  • Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    buckeyecigar:
    The Decade is a solid stick, havent had any of the others. What is the Nub Dub - connecticut, maduro, cameroon, etc? Dont know if the Dub even comes in a variety of wrappers, but I like the original Nub in teh Connie and the Cameroon.

• Options
    firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    The Sniper:
    buckeyecigar:
    The Decade is a solid stick, havent had any of the others. What is the Nub Dub - connecticut, maduro, cameroon, etc? Dont know if the Dub even comes in a variety of wrappers, but I like the original Nub in teh Connie and the Cameroon.

Double maduro, looks pretty taisty.
  • Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Guys, the cigar club is for folks who want to try a variety of sticks that they would not normally buy, or even know about, without this type of introduction. Few people will spend 15-20 on a stick they have never tried, but here, you get to try them. with accompanying description. As far as arguing about the price and weather its' worth it, or not, I challenge any of you to walk into a B&M and pay the MSRP for any month of sticks you choose. I've been in the club for a year and a half and have enjoyed trying the cigars. I even keep the glossy handouts that accompany them. Good reference material. And finally. If you are a member of the club, you get free shipping on all of your orders, all the time. Surely that is saving you at least $5/mo.
    I'm just saying, every month somebody who is in the club **** about the selection. If they are so knowledgeable on cigars, and can claim that this months selection was not worth the price, they shouldn't be in the club. That's not its' purpose.
    For what it's worth, I'll let my subscription run out next time because I have finally narrowed my tastes and likes and feel that I no longer need to experiment and search as much. JMO.
  • Options
    MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    firetruckguy:
    The Sniper:
    buckeyecigar:

Double maduro, looks pretty taisty.
    The Nub Dub is damn good imo. Think less powerful triple maddy in a Nub vitola.
  • Options
    CharlieCordusCharlieCordus Posts: 84 ✭✭
    beatnic:
    Guys, the cigar club is for folks who want to try a variety of sticks that they would not normally buy, or even know about, without this type of introduction. Few people will spend 15-20 on a stick they have never tried, but here, you get to try them. with accompanying description. As far as arguing about the price and weather its' worth it, or not, I challenge any of you to walk into a B&M and pay the MSRP for any month of sticks you choose. I've been in the club for a year and a half and have enjoyed trying the cigars. I even keep the glossy handouts that accompany them. Good reference material. And finally. If you are a member of the club, you get free shipping on all of your orders, all the time. Surely that is saving you at least $5/mo.
    I'm just saying, every month somebody who is in the club **** about the selection. If they are so knowledgeable on cigars, and can claim that this months selection was not worth the price, they shouldn't be in the club. That's not its' purpose.
    For what it's worth, I'll let my subscription run out next time because I have finally narrowed my tastes and likes and feel that I no longer need to experiment and search as much. JMO.
    Do you really get free shipping on all your orders? I don't and I'm in the COTM club. I get 10% off on my orders, which has worked pretty well.
  • Options
    chemforeverchemforever Posts: 1,200
    CharlieCordus:
    beatnic:
    Do you really get free shipping on all your orders? I don't and I'm in the COTM club. I get 10% off on my orders, which has worked pretty well.
    I dont!
  • Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    chemforever:
    CharlieCordus:
    beatnic:
    I dont!
    I've never gotten free shipping on my orders and I've been a member for almost a year..... that would make it worth it to me even on a down month like this one.... but it's not true. At least not for me. I guess you (beatnic) got some sort of super deal signing bonus or something...????
  • Options
    christian1971christian1971 Posts: 467 ✭✭✭
    I was tempted at one poont to join the club. But there are already such good samplers out there that it may not be worth it. Unless ofcourse you get some really expensive cigars. But I bet that is pretty rare. I guess that is part of the alure. What will I get this month. Don't forget the complementary matches ooooh. For me they have to do better then that!
  • Options
    danielruasdanielruas Posts: 778
    I have to echo beatnic here, the cotm is for people who want to try a variety of cigars. Am I as happy with this months selection as I have been with the past few months? No, but there is 5 cigars in it that I haven't tried before and probably wouldn't normally buy, so that makes it worth it to me. If you'e picky and know exactly what you like in a cigar and what you want then the cotm isn't for you. When I get something I know I don't like I set it aside for the next time I send out a trade, pass or bomb for someone else to enjoy.
    Also they have a satisfaction guaranteed policy, email a rep and let them know you don't like your selection and I'm sure they can work something out with you, I've seen them post about this in topics about the cotm before.
    And for those who don't get free shipping are you ordering through the website or through a rep?
  • Options
    danielruas:
    I have to echo beatnic here, the cotm is for people who want to try a variety of cigars. Am I as happy with this months selection as I have been with the past few months? No, but there is 5 cigars in it that I haven't tried before and probably wouldn't normally buy, so that makes it worth it to me. If you'e picky and know exactly what you like in a cigar and what you want then the cotm isn't for you. When I get something I know I don't like I set it aside for the next time I send out a trade, pass or bomb for someone else to enjoy.
    Also they have a satisfaction guaranteed policy, email a rep and let them know you don't like your selection and I'm sure they can work something out with you, I've seen them post about this in topics about the cotm before.
    And for those who don't get free shipping are you ordering through the website or through a rep?
    I order through the website. Do I get free shipping through a rep?
  • Options
    not always Charlie, depends what you're spending. Stay exclusive to one rep and they will start to hit that "free shipping" switch a little more often than not :)
  • Options
    Good info, thanks Tony. Does the bearded one have a waiting list for new clients or can I simply pray and he will materialize? I checked through my history, I pay for shipping on my COTM orders which are automatic. If others were getting free shipping on everything, I wanted to know how to do it.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    CharlieCordus:
    Good info, thanks Tony. Does the bearded one have a waiting list for new clients or can I simply pray and he will materialize? I checked through my history, I pay for shipping on my COTM orders which are automatic. If others were getting free shipping on everything, I wanted to know how to do it.
    COTM charges for shipping.
  • Options
    Back to December selection, anyone try that Pueblo Dominicana? I thought it was incredible.
  • Options
    y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    beatnic:
    Back to December selection, anyone try that Pueblo Dominicana? I thought it was incredible.
    Maybe I'll fire it up tonight for my poker game. I'll let you know what I think. I'm assuming you smoked it rott?
  • Options
    y2pascoe:
    beatnic:
    Maybe I'll fire it up tonight for my poker game. I'll let you know what I think. I'm assuming you smoked it rott?
    2 days in the box
  • Options
    beatnic:
    y2pascoe:
    beatnic:
    2 days in the box
    You know, I just thought of this...I think if it would be great if they suggested aging recommendations in the descriptions/reviews of the smoke. I usually end up keeping them in my humi for a couple of months just in case it sucks rott. But if it's a great smoke rott, I'd like to know.
  • Options
    MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    y2pascoe:
    beatnic:
    y2pascoe:
    beatnic:
    2 days in the box
    You know, I just thought of this...I think if it would be great if they suggested aging recommendations in the descriptions/reviews of the smoke. I usually end up keeping them in my humi for a couple of months just in case it sucks rott. But if it's a great smoke rott, I'd like to know.
    Are they gonna say it is not? Doubtful.
  • Options
    Marker:
    y2pascoe:
    beatnic:
    y2pascoe:
    beatnic:
    2 days in the box
    Think about it. How many times have you lit a cigar at an event that the rep just pulled out of minivan that he's been traveling the area in. Cigars are a bit hardier than most people say. For the COTM, I give them a few days in my box mostly to stabilize the temperature. Ccom will ship them at the proper rh and it shouldn't change drastically. Temperature swings during transport could be an issue, though. JMO
  • Options
    beatnic:
    Marker:
    y2pascoe:
    beatnic:
    y2pascoe:
    beatnic:
    2 days in the box
    Think about it. How many times have you lit a cigar at an event that the rep just pulled out of minivan that he's been traveling the area in. Cigars are a bit hardier than most people say. For the COTM, I give them a few days in my box mostly to stabilize the temperature. Ccom will ship them at the proper rh and it shouldn't change drastically. Temperature swings during transport could be an issue, though. JMO
    I'm not suggesting cigar.com advertises a cigar as crap right off the truck, what I'm just saying is c.com posting in its review, cigar A is a great cigar, but with a little age in your humi, it's a greater cigar. And for the record, the Pueblo Dominacano is a great smoke. Spicey notes, very smooth though, and some hints of cinnamon (or at least what my crazy brain picked up).