Home Cigar 101

Looking for a better cutter

2»

Comments

• lcpleellcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭

This is what I like to use.
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    lcpleel:
    imageIts funny, Ive had these things long before the room 101 scissors came out. I got some crazy and funny looks when I use them. But they do work great.
    Son of a......I had no idea there were others
  • lcpleellcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    ENFIDL:
    lcpleel:
    imageIts funny, Ive had these things long before the room 101 scissors came out. I got some crazy and funny looks when I use them. But they do work great.
    Son of a......I had no idea there were others
    only difference is most likely the name and little minor things like the thickness of metal. but yea... Ive had mine for a while.
  • jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i got this cutter awhile back with a box of dirty rats, im going to break it in on this cigar tonight image
  • GrazuhGrazuh Posts: 164
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    Grazuh:
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    I love my Xi3 Beachwod, purchased for around 37 w/ship if you look hard
    Could you send me a pm on where? I have an Xi2 that I love, but I would like something a little fancier.
    PM sent. I need to try a V-Cutter, I hear great things about them...is Xicar the one to get?
    From what I've read, either Xikar or Wolf is the way to go for v cutters. The blades are the opposite of other v cutters, where it cuts from the outside first instead of a sharp point that punctures and then cuts. It's supposed to be a much cleaner cut.
  • DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    Anyone have a picture of a cigar that has been V cut?
  • Shaun.Harrison87Shaun.Harrison87 Posts: 1,971
    Direwolf:
    Yes
  • DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    Direwolf:
    Yes
    Thanks dude, Will have to see about getting a v cutter
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    danielruas:
    I've been using a cuban crafters perfecto cutter for 6 months or so now and I love it, cheap, reliable, great cut every time and has a lifetime warranty. you can find them on amazon for about 12 bucks.
    I just used one of these the other day, gonna be ordering me one soon, all I've ever used was an elcheapo. Didn't know that there was any difference. Now that I know I got to have one.
  • CvilleECvilleE Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭
    My Diesel cutter seems to be pinchin my sticks lately, and jackin up the cap of my sticks if it is any bigger than a corona size...so using the search feature I found this thread and those knuckle scissor cutter look bad azz...is there any of these on the market? They appear to be hard to find...either way would I be safe getting something like this...

http://www.cigar.com/cigars/viewcigar.asp?prod=M-XK08&subcatid=acc_cutt
  • Gaetano7890Gaetano7890 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭
    Those Colobri grib cutters get dull pretty fast which sounds like whats happening with yours. If I run my finger across the blade its like a butter knife. I upgraded to a Xikar now those are some sharp blades. I really love my Xikar multi tool scissor also great smoking accesseries.
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    CvilleE:
    My Diesel cutter seems to be pinchin my sticks lately, and jackin up the cap of my sticks if it is any bigger than a corona size...so using the search feature I found this thread and those knuckle scissor cutter look bad azz...is there any of these on the market? They appear to be hard to find...either way would I be safe getting something like this...

http://www.cigar.com/cigars/viewcigar.asp?prod=M-XK08&subcatid=acc_cutt
    I think those would work well. As many others have already said, you'll be happy with anything Xikar.
    I went through a number of the cheap-o, $5 plastic cutters before finally breaking down and getting a Xikar. I've had my xi3 for a little over a year now - perfect cut everytime. (I also got a free leather case for it when I registered the warranty on Xikar's website).

So between Xikar's lifetime warranty and Ccom's great customer service, I think it's a good bet - because if you ever do have a problem with it I imagine it will get resolved quickly.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Palio... Love it
  • bbass2bbass2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭
    Xikar X8
  • lonewolf2011lonewolf2011 Posts: 503
    Grazuh:
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    Could you send me a pm on where? I have an Xi2 that I love, but I would like something a little fancier.
    I had the Xi3 Beachwood & it was a great cutter until the wood handles fell off after about a month of use. I sent it back to Xikar and as much as I liked the look of the wood handles I asked them to swap out that one for the Xi3 Tech with a satin finish and rubber handles. They did so with no questions asked, excellent customer service. The Tech is not as fancy looking but it works great the rubber handles are comfortable and the satin finish does not show finger prints. I also have an Xi1, it makes a great cut but feels "cheap" as it is much lighter and has plastic handles.
  • Shaun.Harrison87Shaun.Harrison87 Posts: 1,971
    lonewolf2011:
    Grazuh:
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    I had the Xi3 Beachwood & it was a great cutter until the wood handles fell off after about a month of use. I sent it back to Xikar and as much as I liked the look of the wood handles I asked them to swap out that one for the Xi3 Tech with a satin finish and rubber handles. They did so with no questions asked, excellent customer service. The Tech is not as fancy looking but it works great the rubber handles are comfortable and the satin finish does not show finger prints. I also have an Xi1, it makes a great cut but feels "cheap" as it is much lighter and has plastic handles.
    Mine have actually fallen off quite a bit. I will send it in sometime this summer, but i just glued mine back on and they have been good until I have them change it. I might have them switch it to the one you did, thats a great idea brother!
  • ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    As mentioned in an earlier post, my Colibri Diesel grip cutter(same as the Firebird) is getting dull really quick. Recently picked up a Cuban Crafters Perfect Cut double guillotine and I'm loving it. I blame it all on JDH. He let me use his at a mini-herf and I fell in love with it.
  • oldsoulrevivaloldsoulrevival Posts: 632 ✭✭
    I use one of the 6 dollar butterfly/triangle shaped cutters I bought from my tobacconist - I have never had a single issue with it. I cannot imagine a xikar cutting any better than mine does, frankly.
  • CvilleECvilleE Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭
    I just love the thought of sharp scissors...gonna try the Xikar MTX. Plan to get a few others as well eventually, seems though the size of the smoke warrants a different cutter IMO....but a sharp cutter might change that...?