Home General Discussion
Options

cigar boxes

OKAY, I just read a article on collecting cigar boxes, I never put a thought into keeping them, I just give them away. So do any of you collect old cigar boxes maybe from the 30's or 40's post some pictures of them I would not mind looking at them.

Comments

• Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    kardar2:
    OKAY, I just read a article on collecting cigar boxes, I never put a thought into keeping them, I just give them away. So do any of you collect old cigar boxes maybe from the 30's or 40's post some pictures of them I would not mind looking at them.
    . I can't throw them away, I use them in the garage to keep things in. None from the 30s or 40s, all from the past ten years or so.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I keep them as well, though I have only 1 box that is empty. the rest which aren't many are all still full with the cigars in them.
  • Options
    JKTexJKTex Posts: 92
    I'm not sure I'd call it a collector, since I was a kid, I've had a King Edward box that houses all of my not so valuable but old/odd coins and other collectible and sentimental things in.  Like a black felt tip maker Dusty Hill used to do a crossword puzzle with on a flight from Houston to Atlanta in 1976.  Even growing up within miles of all of them, I just thought they were a bunch of hippies and the guy doing the crossword was just some drunk because of all the little in flight liquor bottles.  Embarrassed [:$] The Flight Attendant asked me if I wanted it, I said sure after she laughed and told me who they were.  Ah, what a shelters lad was.  A few years later I'd see him in the drive-thru at the bank.  I digress....   Smile [:)]

The box was my Dad's as a kid so it's probably 50+ years old now.  I'm not sure but I think I know what box is packed away in.  Big Smile [:D]  The paper finally wore out so the lid doesn't hinge anymore, but I think the old trim nail is still in the from part that "pins" it shut.