Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Are you freaking KIDDING ME???

Just saw on the ESPN ticker that the DA who was investigating the charges against Bernie Fine, even though he found the evidence credible, cant file charges because THE STATUTE OF LIMITATIONS has passed?!?! How the hell is that possible in this society? If nothing can be done legally, I hope somebody puts a bullet in that b@stard!

How the hell do you explain this to the victims and their families - Im sorry, but he got away with it for too long???

Comments

• Options
    skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    I thought I'd read/heard somewhere that the state of NY can't touch him but the Federal investigation is still going on. I dunno what they'll be able to do though, if anything.
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    After 30 years of law enforcement, nothing bothers more than someone who molests a child. That being said, everyone knew when this guy came forward in 2002 that the statute had run. This is not new news.

Lost in the DA's press conference was that he stated that he has evidence that the third accuser had fabricated his story, but that was said almost as an afterthought. He also said that the third accuser, now shown to be lying, had spoken with the other complainant over the past several years. Hmmm, why would that be, maybe getting their stories together?

Also what bothers me, that IF this guy is guilty, the federal warrant was based on the testimony of the third accuser. Now that it has been shown he lied, it's possible that whatever evidence the feds discovered, again, if any was found, may be excluded from being used at trial.

I have no idea if Fine is guilty or not, but if he is not, it's like putting toothpaste back in the tube, his reputation and chances to earn a living have been trashed by having his case tried in the media.
  • Options
    JDHJDH Posts: 2,107
    The law is the law. If you don't like it, elect people who will change it to your liking.

Advocating that somebody be killed for alledged crimes that have not been proven is irresponsible.