Home Non Cigar Related
Options

First competition on Sat

GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
I started competitive pistol shooting last week and really enjoyed it. Turns out I suck at it so far but thats to be expected since you shoot 50ft with ONE HAND. Ya, no one told me that right away at practice so I looked like a complete goon (though I shot well with 2 hands). I'll post pics of how it goes if its worth posting.

Comments

• Options
    good luck!
  • Options
    greg2648greg2648 Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭
    I used to shoot some Bullseye. What kind of .45 are you shooting?
  • Options
    I'm actually shooting a .22 beretta Neos. Its just a mini competition so no 2700 yet. What would you recommend for a .45?
  • Options
    greg2648greg2648 Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭
    depends on how serious you are going to be. I have a Les Baer Premier II. However, there a lot of great guns less expensive. For example, Kimber and Springfield Armory make great .45.
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Good Luck Goldy.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Sounds like a blast, hehe. Good luck and have fun bro.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    greg2648:
    depends on how serious you are going to be. I have a Les Baer Premier II. However, there a lot of great guns less expensive. For example, Kimber and Springfield Armory make great .45.
    Springfield does make a great 45.
  • Options
    doromathdoromath Posts: 576
    Good luck Goldy!
  • Options
    Thanks guys! Went to the range today to try out some different ammo and found that my gun prefers CCI Mini Mags. Good to know.

I LOVE going to the range and sending that tiny target all the way down range only to see the guy in the next lane send his siloette 10 feet and MISS!
  • Options
    Bobbo2009Bobbo2009 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭
    Good Luck!!
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best of luck to you brother. iWork with a dude who competes his specialty is rifles. He's a great shot but he says when he's competing with the national guys they really show him how bad he sucks.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Good luck Goldy.. Win or lose, have a good time Brother.
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats Brian and good luck with everything!!! Let us all know how it goes ;)
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    Competition went well, it was olympic international style so no red dots, just iron sights. I did better than I expected and posted a respectable score of 487/600. Not bad for starting this hobby last week and sighting in my gun yesterday.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    So what was the winning score ?