Home Ratings & Reviews

Xikar Hygrometer - Anybody Use Em?

Folks, Im considering trying out a couple Xikar Hygrometers. Im a tremendous fan of their cutters and lighters, so I expect their hygro will be top notch as well - but it never hurts to ask around. Anybody use these, and if so how do you like it?

Comments

• phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I have a few, work fine to me.
  • greg2648greg2648 Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭
    I have 2 rectangle ones and 1 round one. I love em.
  • Ive had one for about 2 months. I reference it with my HygroSets which I trust explicitly. So far it has been as accurate as I could ask for with both Temp and RH. For the money, its a winner in my book.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Another thumbs up from me. I especially like the auto-calibrate feature, no messing with a dial or doing a +/- to get a final number, just do the normal calibration steps and press the button. Haven't had one off by more than a point or two yet.
  • asianbiker8asianbiker8 Posts: 551
    I like mine, stuck it in a boveda calibration bag so I wouldn't mess up a salt test, pushed the button, I think it was like 2% off, and then stuck it in the humidor. I chose the Xikar because I could never get that humi-care dial to turn correctly.
  • big chunksbig chunks Posts: 1,607
    same here, used a boveda calibration kit.
  • big chunks:
    +1
  • lonewolf2011lonewolf2011 Posts: 503
    big chunks:
    I have done the same & have 4 of them, very easy and accurate.......
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've got a rectangle and a round one. The round is getting close to a year on it and sometimes freaks out and reads something like 20% 210 degrees... ill give it a tap or wait a little while and it's fine. Maybe a battery issue. I would definitely buy another if i get a cooler or something. No problems from the rectangle one so far, had it about 7 mo.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • brettdub33brettdub33 Posts: 56
    Love all 4 of my rectangles... batery life is good as well
  • DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Have 3, 1 rectangle and 2 rounds...good stuff...