Home General Discussion
Options

Deal of a Lifetime

alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
I just bought a few cigars off a contractor out here. He had a huge humidor, and I pretty much picked through it and set aside the cigars I wanted. All total there were 31, all in great shape. I asked him , how much he wanted. He asked for $70, I gave him $80. Here is what I got for $80:

2 Gurkha Regent Torpedos
2 Gurkha Master Select Robustos
3 Gurhka Doble Maduros
1 Gurkha Fuerte
3 CI Legends Orange Label (Rocky Patel)
1 Rocky Patel Fusion Double Maduro
2 Rocky Patel Connecticuts
1 Rocky Patel Signature
5 5 Vegas 'A', different sizes
1 5 Vegas Gold
1 Don Pepin Garcia Series JJ
1 CAO Criollo
1 CAO Brazilia
1 Graycliff Crystal
1 Sancho Panza Double Maduro
1 Maxx
1 Montecristo White
3 Alec Bradley Prymes

Comments

• Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Sounds like you made out pretty well. Congrats on the steal.
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Nice haul.
  • Options
    Yeah, maybe it wasn't actually the deal of a lifetime, but I was pretty excited about it, lol. I got alot of cigars I have been dying to try, and I will be smoking quite a bit over the next few days. I am pretty much done here, just waiting to fly out, so I have alot of down time.
  • Options
    Henry1Henry1 Posts: 20
    I cant get over how cheap cigars are for you guys in the states. Over hear the cheapest cigars I can get that are actualy any good are around £7 - £8, witch is around $10. I have orderd some cigars from your side of the pond, but I have heard customs can seize them so Iam a bit aprehensive as to weather or not they will turn up.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Good selection alien
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Henry1:
    I cant get over how cheap cigars are for you guys in the states. Over hear the cheapest cigars I can get that are actualy any good are around £7 - £8, witch is around $10. I have orderd some cigars from your side of the pond, but I have heard customs can seize them so Iam a bit aprehensive as to weather or not they will turn up.
    email the guys here at cigar.com. talk to them about it. im sure they know better than I
  • Options
    Henry1Henry1 Posts: 20
    Yea I think I will. Cheers
  • Options
    vankleekkwvankleekkw Posts: 404
    Or see if someone will help you out by sending "Handmade Crafts" ;)
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    That's a good deal on what you got. Good for you :-)
  • Options
    Niiiice pull. Especially for only $80!
  • Options
    I was mistaken about two of the cigars in there. Instead of Rocky Patel Connecticuts, they were Vintage 1999 Connecticuts. I'm not sure what the difference in taste is, but the Vintage 1999 Connecticuts were awesome, the best mild bodied cigar I have had yet.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    alienmisprint:
    I was mistaken about two of the cigars in there. Instead of Rocky Patel Connecticuts, they were Vintage 1999 Connecticuts. I'm not sure what the difference in taste is, but the Vintage 1999 Connecticuts were awesome, the best mild bodied cigar I have had yet.
    Haven't had the 1999's or the connecticuts.
  • Options
    jihiggsjihiggs Posts: 469 ✭✭
    well done!