Home Cigar 101

What do you do with your cigar boxes?

My wife bought me a box of Don Diego Aniversarios for my birthday and I was wondering what to do with the box. The box is actually very attractive and cedar lined. I was wondering if I put a humidifier in it if the box could work as a humidor.

Comments

• gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    the seal would proably be a problem
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    they make good targets :)
  • dep691dep691 Posts: 311

Jetmech_63:
    they make good targets :)

Yes they do, and they also come in handy throwing the spent brass and loose shells around in.

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    In the past i have cut them up glued them together differently and lined them with plastic to hold my humidity beads.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    I am going to save my boxes and use them to decorate my basement when I finish building it out.

"Long ashes my friends."

• EJS54EJS54 Posts: 12
    I do a lot of electrical and mechanical work. I'll use the boxes to store different parts. Usually take some white printing paper and write the contents over the warning label.

I usually save the nice wooded boxes ( Sancho Panza for example) for taking up space on bookshelves.

They are also good for starting campfires.
  • bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    have a couple being used to hold candy on my desk in my office
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    I like to store doody's tiny woolen sweaters in mine. Keeps the moths out.
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    urbino:
    LMAO!

I collect them. I'm trying to collect signed boxes but for some reason blenders and such aren't real receptive of this. You'd think I bought a box of his cigars he'd have no issue signing them but I've never once received a response to emails about it.
  • jihiggsjihiggs Posts: 469 ✭✭
    I have one sitting on the shelf next to my humidors for collecting cigar bands. the rest I hung on my wall, kind of a 3d wall decorating thing, much cooler looking than a 2d poster.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I've thrown them away in the past but within the last few years I have been just keeping them on a shelf.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947

madurofan:
    urbino:
    LMAO!

I collect them. I'm trying to collect signed boxes but for some reason blenders and such aren't real receptive of this. You'd think I bought a box of his cigars he'd have no issue signing them but I've never once received a response to emails about it.

Also would come in handy to keep burro oats in .....

• urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    True dat.