Calling out to the WOMEN Cigar smokers

2»

Comments

• Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Welcome to our new sister, glad to have you on here
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forum and glad to have a sister join our midst again! My wife joins me occasionally for a smoke as well and she is on here now and again. Thanks for joining and truly hope that you stick around, this is a truly special and welcoming community! Most of these guys are special in the sense that they are great brothers, the others.... well they are as well but they are also... SPECIAL, like short bus special... obviously I am one of them... Kid, where are you I need my other SPECIAL buddy!?!?!
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    Lakota72Lakota72 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭
    Glad to have you aboard. Hopefully you'll stay around for a little while.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Lakota72:
    Glad to have you aboard. Hopefully you'll stay around for a little while.
    yeah... we are kinda hard to take at times.
  • Options
    Katt68Katt68 Posts: 124
    WOW! Thanks to all that have welcomed me into this. I hope to stick around for a while indeed. I am sitting her with a "stick" as I like to call them. having coffee. I hope to pick all of your brains for info on cigars. Even though I have been smoking for a while I still feel like a novice. I am really looking forward to go on the trip in Jan, and gleaning AS MUCH AS I CAN form the "PROS". I have found out via the shop owner of The Cigar Shoppe of Midland that the Pepin Family has A special event planned in my honor while there. Since I am the ONLY female going.Again I can't wait!!! Is it Jan yet???
  • Options
    who put your trip together if i may ask?
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like its gonna be a time to remember hope you take some good pics to post here.
  • Options
    Michael Perales and Kevin Fitzgerald. Michael is the local rep for Pepin. Kevin is the shop owner here in Midland, MI. They have been trying to get this trip together for about a year now.
  • Options
    Ok this shows how UN TECH savvy I am... How do I copy/paste or link the post that I answer? PLZ
  • Options
    TeegeTeege Posts: 660
    Link text
    Quote my response and you will see how.
  • Options
    i went to nicaragua last year and spent a good amount of time in the My Father Factory. Pete Johnson was our tour guide there. it was a ton of fun. there is a great Cuban Restaurant in Estali just a short walk from Hotel Los Arcos. if you get the opportunity to eat there, do it. I wish i could remember the name of it.
  • Options
    Ok I will give this a try.?.?
  • Options
    willso7willso7 Posts: 156
    Hi from montreal, canada.
  • Options
    Hello. from Mt. Pleasant, MI
  • Options
    IrishAJIrishAJ Posts: 135
    So hi Katt, I'm AJ and another female cigar smoker I just joined up today. You probably already have read Brett's stuff about cigars but I'm happy to do the whole woman cigar thing with you although I've only been smoking cigars since September and still have the training wheels on with the infused cigars and on occasion a 5 Vegas...I LOVE the classic or a cask stregnth II as well.
  • Options
    SalemSalem Posts: 717
    Hey Katt, I'm new to the forum and haven't even TRIED a cigar yet! Just came here to ask questions and then decided I would try it. Am looking forward to learning from you all!!
  • Options
    So hi Katt, I'm AJ and another female cigar smoker I just joined up today. You probably already have read Brett's stuff about cigars but I'm happy to do the whole woman cigar thing with you although I've only been smoking cigars since September and still have the training wheels on with the infused cigars and on occasion a 5 Vegas...I LOVE the classic or a cask stregnth II as well. Hi AJ, great to have you! What made you decide to start smoking cigars? I have been smoking for about 15 yes on and off. I too started with infused ones. I then stopped because my ex-husband didn't like the fact I was smoking, even though he was and STILL IS a cigarette smoker! EEEEEWWWWWW!?!?!?! I LOVE anything by Pete Johnson of Tatuaje. They seem to be my go to cigar. Hoping to chat with you soon, KATT
  • Options
    Katt68:
    So hi Katt, I'm AJ and another female cigar smoker I just joined up today. You probably already have read Brett's stuff about cigars but I'm happy to do the whole woman cigar thing with you although I've only been smoking cigars since September and still have the training wheels on with the infused cigars and on occasion a 5 Vegas...I LOVE the classic or a cask stregnth II as well. Hi AJ, great to have you! What made you decide to start smoking cigars? I have been smoking for about 15 yes on and off. I too started with infused ones. I then stopped because my ex-husband didn't like the fact I was smoking, even though he was and STILL IS a cigarette smoker! EEEEEWWWWWW!?!?!?! I LOVE anything by Pete Johnson of Tatuaje. They seem to be my go to cigar. Hoping to chat with you soon, KATT
    Actually it's kind of funny, I got into the whole cigar thing after I quit smoking and also I wanted to join in on one of my husbands activities since I suck at car stuff and math. Personally it was just to be able to share something special with him. I'm not in particularly a go to one brand or another kind of girl at the moment. I do enjoy just about any conneticut wrapper because I'm not big on the big pepper after taste in some of the darker maduro and such cigars. But I am enjoying the CAO Moon Trances that were sent to me by a friend.
  • Options
    IrishAJ:
    I do enjoy just about any conneticut wrapper because I'm not big on the big pepper after taste in some of the darker maduro and such cigars. But I am enjoying the CAO Moon Trances that were sent to me by a friend.
    if you dont like pepper then i recommend that you slow down. the slower you smoke, the less pepper you will have.

i will put it this way, the CAO LX2 has little to no spice for me. DPG blue is lightly spiced. San Lotano Habano has a slight spice for me.
    to most everyone else, these are giant spice bombs. I dont likes spice in a cigar compared to other flavors. most cigars wont be spicy if you slow down and if you age cigars.
    how slow? an an hour and forty for a corona, two hours for a robusto, 2 and a half hours for a toro, 3+ for a churchill.
  • Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    IrishAJ:
    Katt68:
    Actually it's kind of funny, I got into the whole cigar thing after I quit smoking and also I wanted to join in on one of my husbands activities since I suck at car stuff and math. Personally it was just to be able to share something special with him. I'm not in particularly a go to one brand or another kind of girl at the moment. I do enjoy just about any conneticut wrapper because I'm not big on the big pepper after taste in some of the darker maduro and such cigars. But I am enjoying the CAO Moon Trances that were sent to me by a friend.
    You don't inhale 'em like Brett does, do you?
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    Ken Light:
    IrishAJ:
    Katt68:
    BWAHAHAHA No she doesn't... and I am proud to admit finally that I kicked that dumb smoking habit of inhaling the that I picked up from cigarette smoking... that has been on of the biggest helps to my palate and picking up all the subtle things in them!
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    Ken Light:
    IrishAJ:
    Katt68:
    Not actual cigar cigars, but cigarillos I do. I find the smoke to hot to inhale on even small cigars I just to hold them in my mouth and play with my tounge for a couple of seconds then I blow it out.
  • Options
    roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    Welcome to all the new ladies on the forum. hope you enjoy yourselves and stick around.
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    CKateCKate Posts: 3
    Wow, he's got it all - the leopard skivvies, the waist line overhang, even stretch marks - impressive! Only thing missing is some ink.

Kate
  • Options
    CKateCKate Posts: 3
    Teege:
    This is exactly what your looking for Katt isnt it?!?

Wow, he's got it all - the leopard skivvies, the waist line overhang, even stretch marks - impressive! Only thing missing is some ink.

Kate
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Welcome to the neighborhood!
  • Options
    We just bought a cigar shop in Flint, Michigan. I am a lover of a good cigar! Such a relaxing time. We will also be having a women's night at the shop. Anyone wanting to join me in a smoke, come visit our shop!
  • Options
    SalemSalem Posts: 717
    Bulsajo:
    We just bought a cigar shop in Flint, Michigan. I am a lover of a good cigar! Such a relaxing time. We will also be having a women's night at the shop. Anyone wanting to join me in a smoke, come visit our shop!
    If I lived anywhere near you, I certainly would! Would love to meet other women cigar smokers!
  • Options
    Bulsajo:
    Welcome and hope you enjoy yourself here! My wife, IrishAJ, and I have been looking into maybe doing our own shop or moving somewhere across the country to start working for any openings in any shop or manufacturer. Really happy for you guys and congrats on such a great achievement, if we ever get up that way we will have to stop in! - Brett