Home Ratings & Reviews

My Father "Cat 5"

Over the weekend, I was able to sit down with the My Father rep from our area...They are handing out an unreleased stick called the "Cat 5"...The name is short for the Catagory 5 Huricane...This stick, so I have been told, will be directly connected to Jose Ortega (VP) making it a cigar he will be honored with (not sure of the relationship whether it will be his or not)...No information on the blend was available (they rarely tell)...Told that there might be as many as 5 sizes and are scheduled to be released in the spring...I will say that the stick I had needed some down time and I hope they don't rush this one to market...It was meduim/full body (though it will probably mellow) and medium flavor (IMHO)...I have two more in the hopper that will rest before being sacrificed...

Comments

• 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    WAY kewl Sping.... I am a massive MF wh0re as all the brothers know, so I can't wait to try one of these!! Congrats on the very neat release!
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • jimmyv723jimmyv723 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭
    Very cool... Wish I could have gone to the event at Fine Ash you told me about but with the Holidays and heading back home just can't really swing anything like that right now. I did have a La Reloba one of the times I was over there and it was a really nice stick. I can only imagine how good the higher end My Father cigars are and hope to try some at some point.
    Ken Light 3K MOW Badge - 8/14
    2015 Gang War - East Coast
    Enola Gay - Target #29

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    DPG will let them sit for an appropriate amount of time im sure. you dont get a reputation for quality by rushing things out that arent ready.
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love My Father Cigars so this will be on my radar.
  • Shaun.Harrison87Shaun.Harrison87 Posts: 1,971
    Absolutely, thanks for the heads up Paul!!!
  • smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great news for all the My Father fans such as myself!!
  • spindriftspindrift Posts: 818 ✭✭
    jimmyv723:
    Very cool... Wish I could have gone to the event at Fine Ash you told me about but with the Holidays and heading back home just can't really swing anything like that right now. I did have a La Reloba one of the times I was over there and it was a really nice stick. I can only imagine how good the higher end My Father cigars are and hope to try some at some point.
    I think I can help you with this issue..............