Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Crazy Pass is FLYING

Comments

• michaelharveymichaelharvey Posts: 202 ✭✭
    some RPs are in the prem range-overpriced but still there, MOST camachos are prem-not sure where you would put PEs though. Room 101s i view as prem. Pepins are good but im not sure. cant speak on Kristoffs.
  • lcpleellcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    someones trash is another mans treasure.
  • scarlinscarlin Posts: 1,592
    lcpleel:
    someones trash is another mans treasure.
    Someone's treasure is usually another mans treasure.
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spencer, great job in running with this! I think for this instance ALONE that the only RP "premium" would be the Original Release Decade and probably not much else. As for Ashton, ESG and VSG would be Premium - Ultra Premium IMHO. Kristoff would be a solid stick, not normally viewed as a Premium, but I love the d@mn things as do many other brothers so I think that one is safe, once again only my opinion. Camacho PE has generally been treated similar to OpusX and GoF from my experience, as I know many drool over them and they are a hard to come by somewhat rare stick. Oval = Premium, and so on and so forth... those are some rough but fairly decent guidelines I think. Hit me up via PM if you wish to nail it down further and get my input, but it is your pass so you should definitely decide brother ;)
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
    Oh an MOST of Pepin's stuff is certainly a premium in my book.... haven't had a bad Pepin yet, and I would love to get my hands on some of his newer limited release stuff that I've seen floating around here.
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • greg2648greg2648 Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭
    I am on this Pass, like a Fat Man on a Jelly Donut. That is, if you don't mind my dog rockets. References available upon request......
    Irish, I sent you a google doc link with the cigar list so far. If anyone else wants to comment on it I can send the link.
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    BigT06:
    scarlin:
    michaelharvey:
    yeah...well im not much of a poster
    I see you have been here almost a year, I think I can make an exception, shoot me a PM..that is if you can handle the craziness to ensue.
    I gotta say 3 things...

stick 1: I will def vouch for Harvey. He is a legit madman and a hell of a bomber.

stick 2: I think a stick list is a good idea. Rudy has used a pretty solid formula for his and I think its working so far.

stick 3: I am def in.
    Thanks Todd, I had some help as I gained some insight from reading the "Uber Premium" pass thread. As Icpleel said one mans garbage is...... One guy might think the world of RP Decades . For instance I would think the RP 15th anniv is a premium stick. But IMO its very difficult to create a pass and dont pass list, that suites everybodies taste (flavor wheel) I def like the Idea behind this.. Great Job Scarlin (edit) One more thought,, for me I looked at the majority of a said manufacturers catalog. If the majority of their sticks were not in the premium category I blocked their sticks all together.. I like Perdomo, Torano, RP, Gurkha and the like and they all have some very very good sticks but as whole they didnt have the goods that I thought qualified. I also like the committee Idea..
    If you would like to see my current progress here is the current link to the List : EDIT UNDER CONSTRUCTION
  • GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    Boy this sounds like a fun pass but I'm leaving for work for a month. If I could be slipped into the pass adhoc then I could join, otherwise have a blast!
    Spencer, I got the link I just need to spend a small amount if time to read it and dedicated my time to it, I close tonight so I'm not off till 1am but I'll look through and hit you back up tomorrow afternoon or morning, thanks!
    Take your time. Work>Internet. Plus we still have a week before this gets underway.
  • TeegeTeege Posts: 660
    So in your list you say no Gurhka so it would be frowned upon if I put in a His Majesty’s Reserve in this pass? :>)
  • Alec Bradley, you should add Fine and Rare, id consider that a premium stick. I dont really think of the My Uzi as one though. It is an awesome stick but theyre pretty easy to come by and inexpensive compared to what the other premium ring in at.
    Teege:
    So in your list you say no Gurhka so it would be frowned upon if I put in a His Majesty’s Reserve in this pass? :>)
    Very much so...
    lcpleel:
    Teege:
    Very much so...
    Fine ill just have to throw the 10 of them I have away along with my original release black dragon chest............ and then I wake up
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    StrongStyle:
    Alec Bradley, you should add Fine and Rare, id consider that a premium stick. I dont really think of the My Uzi as one though. It is an awesome stick but theyre pretty easy to come by and inexpensive compared to what the other premium ring in at.
    I agree,, Theres a few others that Id like to voice an opinion on, but for now Id consider F&R to be an ultra and Tempus, Prensado, Black Market to be premiums( Edit) since Im thinking bout it Id also consider all of the San Lotano line to be premiums as well..
    lol I like gurkhas but honestly dont see them as a premium stick. I have some Black dragons that I smoke all the time but cant image paying msrp for them.
    I cant imagine paying MSRP for the original batch 1150.00 a stick..... Or the HMR still at what 750.00 a stick or something like that.
    I'd say Uzi's are only for the msrp and the fact that the vast majority of the board very very much enjoys them... therefore based on those TWO factors combined, safe to call em premiums for the purpose of this pass... all of the ideas you guys have listed so far I agree with and actually shot Spencer a PM early this morning (2am my time since I had just gotten off work) with actually ALL of those suggestions haha! Great minds think alike and this also backs up my assumption of what I and the VAST majority of the forum and brothers involved in this pass would like to see as well.... When he refines and finalizes the list you ALL will be majorly impressed.... it is a very very very comprehensive list and IMHO would be a GREAT resource for ALL passes from now on since it chronicles around 200-300 sticks and manufacturers as main categories of "Premium" Not Premium" and "Ultra Premium" that also include a decently comprehensive list of ISOM sticks as well... all in all one of the more impressive pieces of clean-up and digging that I have seen floating around on the net.... I would share it myself but since I have not heard back from Spencer yet on whether or not he is ready for it to be public, out of respect I won't do so until I have the green light.
    He already posted the link.
    Teege:
    He already posted the link.
    and edited out ;).I just realized I forgot the entire La Gloria Cubana line..
    Oh lol i just never closed the document
    Oops ya, I'm behind the curve of intelligence sorry ;) But like I said, one amazing piece of work IMO and some great thought put into it :) I forget, La Aroma De Cuba... is that on the list? I REALLY don't want to nickel and dime the list and say what about this brand etc etc.... I think that this is a very comprehensive list of examples and guidelines to follow... that being said...

SPENCER PICK ME FIRST ME ME ME ME ME!!!! LOL jk, had to do it just this once bwahahah

Serious note though, this starts Monday correct?
    Yea there are still a few spots open. I have no idea how i am going to pick a list but its going to be incredibly creative.
    Take 3 Ambien, put the list of names in a hat.... wait 30 min and make a list. When you wake up in 1 week later you will not only not be able to recall how the list was made, but it will probably be so freakin' genius that you will kick yourself for not remembering.... that is all ;)
    Hmm Will anyone else join by Monday..? Lets make bets!
    Was busy the past few days and have the updated cigar list. Also still 2 days to sign up for a sanctioned bombing of another botl

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aaBKGjZOL4q18_CsWa2-DzsM4J943TabI82SQa0TPEI/edit
    Registration for the pass is at 10PM EST Tonight (12/19) Can't believe the small turnout of my crazy trade.
  • greg2648greg2648 Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭
    I have tried the link, but I cant seen to get it to work. Maybe you should put a copy of the acceptable list of cigars in the pass box. Thanks.