Home Ratings & Reviews

Top two Robustos

2»

Comments

• ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    I'd have to go with a Gurkha Black Dragon or a Perdomo Lot 23 connie.
  • Olivia v. Cold winter nights and the garage go good with a diesel torpedo.
  • OchoZachoOchoZacho Posts: 1,471
    I keep hearing about the oliva V on here, are they really that good? The only one I have is a Maduro Special from last year I've been resting. Acrually had 2 of them until last week when I sent one off in a trade. They are sounding pretty interesting. Might have to try a few, curious on anyone else's thoughts.
  • lcpleellcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    Zach it's a good solid smoke that never Fails you.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    OchoZacho:
    I keep hearing about the oliva V on here, are they really that good? The only one I have is a Maduro Special from last year I've been resting. Acrually had 2 of them until last week when I sent one off in a trade. They are sounding pretty interesting. Might have to try a few, curious on anyone else's thoughts.
    If you send me your info, I'll set you up with a couple 2.5 year old Oliva V dbl robustos. They do very well with the rest.
  • Shaun.Harrison87Shaun.Harrison87 Posts: 1,971
    j0z3r:
    OchoZacho:
    If you send me your info, I'll set you up with a couple 2.5 year old Oliva V dbl robustos. They do very well with the rest.
    Take him up on this Zach, they are great smokes!
    lcpleel:
    Zach it's a good solid smoke that never Fails you.
    Isaac, just a heads up, the Oliva V maddy I was talking about from last year is the one you should now have, enjoy brother!
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    j0z3r:
    OchoZacho:
    Jozer, pm sent, and thank you for the generous offer. Shaun, I like the new profile avatar, if I ever get a Zino Z, I might steal your idea.
    OchoZacho:
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    j0z3r:
    OchoZacho:
    Jozer, pm sent, and thank you for the generous offer. Shaun, I like the new profile avatar, if I ever get a Zino Z, I might steal your idea.
    Thank you sir...had to get something to show the MF **** in me!
    I've been seeing that label here and there, is that a fairly new stick from the Garcias?
    OchoZacho:
    I've been seeing that label here and there, is that a fairly new stick from the Garcias?
    Its been out for a while, the My Father Special "S" Robusto(in the red box), based on the old El Centurian blend from 07(supposedly)
  • JDHJDH Posts: 2,107
    OchoZacho:
    I really like the V double robustos. Packed with lots of ligero, but blended to be as smooth as high dollar scotch. The rosado wrapper is a joy to behold, and the price point is hard to beat. They're a staple in my humidor.

My top 3 are San Lotano Oval, San Lotano Habano, and the Oliva V; all three are damn good cigars at a damn good price.
  • dowjr1dowjr1 Posts: 600
    I have never had a bad Oliva V...great smokes. I have a couple San Lotanos resting but have not tried the Ovals. I need to get some bc too many folks talk about how good they are.
  • JDHJDH Posts: 2,107
    dowjr1:
    I have never had a bad Oliva V...great smokes. I have a couple San Lotanos resting but have not tried the Ovals. I need to get some bc too many folks talk about how good they are.
    My wife got me a box of Oval robustos for Christmas from c.com, and yesterday I ordered a box of Oval coronas (I got the last one). Unless AJ changes the blend, these are always going to be in my humidor.
  • dowjr1dowjr1 Posts: 600
    Right on! That is two good box scores there.