Home General Discussion
Options

Music during "Burn Time"?

Hey all. I like to listen to good music during my "Burn Time"

I'm a young buck, but i like to listen to the blues like Hound Dog Taylor and Carey Bell

What about you guys and gals?

Comments

• Options
    dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    Usually nothing, but if I do put something on, it's typically Glenn Miller, Benny Goodman, Duke Ellington, Harry James, etc.

Unless I'm with company. With company, the music will be stuff like the Ramones, the Offspring, Stabbing Westward, etc. Or I'll put on my "hockey mix" which contains a bunch of songs you would normally hear at a hockey game (Eye of the Tiger, We're Not Gonna Take It, I Wanna Drive the Zamboni, We Will Rock You, *** on Feel the Noise, I Don't Wanna Work, etc.)
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947

dutyje:
    Usually nothing, but if I do put something on, it's typically Glenn Miller, Benny Goodman, Duke Ellington, Harry James, etc.

Unless I'm with company. With company, the music will be stuff like the Ramones, the Offspring, Stabbing Westward, etc. Or I'll put on my "hockey mix" which contains a bunch of songs you would normally hear at a hockey game (Eye of the Tiger, We're Not Gonna Take It, I Wanna Drive the Zamboni, We Will Rock You, *** on Feel the Noise, I Don't Wanna Work, etc.)

I don't wanna work.......just want ta bang on my burro all day .....

• Options
    gmill880:

dutyje:

I don't wanna work.......just want ta bang on my burro all day .....

Tried that once... got sores. As with most good things in life, it's wise to ration.
  • Options
    smbrinksmbrink Posts: 406
    Usually some STP but ill throw in some Pearl Jam or Beastie Boys. And why does practically every thread eventually get on the topic of banging burros? Now dont get me wrong...i love me a good burro banging every now and again, but I was just wondering.
  • Options
    It's just one of those inside jokes where it's better to be on the outside.... especially if you're a burro
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    I usually listen to nothing but crickets birds and a little jet noise mixed in. I usually choose to read.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Usually whatever I am playing in the truck at the time. Zep and Tesla consume my changer. Other than that, the sound of road noise.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947

If in the man-cave usually watching tv or reading, if on the road ( rarly smoke in vehicle) whatever the mood strikes and if at home relaxing outdoors just nature ....

• Options
    Usually Sublime, or just random chill songs.
  • Options
    Pink Floyd "Have A Cigar"
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Not usually but I think it's something I need to get set up in the garage., umm anyone know of a cheap really cheap solution to "carpet" a garage?
  • Options
    cheymancheyman Posts: 157
    I don't listen to music, but I do listen to pod cast and talk radio. If i'm in my man-cave it's the news. I'm a news junkie.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrel:
    Not usually but I think it's something I need to get set up in the garage., umm anyone know of a cheap really cheap solution to "carpet" a garage?
    "imported" labor
  • Options
    mustluvcigars:
    phobicsquirrel:
    "imported" labor
    Come on...lets be more PC. The proper term is "Temporary Guest Worker!"
  • Options
    I am using a PC. looove Vista, but me thinks if people want to use the fruity brand, well then..to each his own..lol
  • Options
    cheyman:
    I don't listen to music, but I do listen to pod cast and talk radio. If i'm in my man-cave it's the news. I'm a news junkie.
    stay away from fox news!!!!
  • Options
    mustluvcigars:
    phobicsquirrel:
    "imported" labor
    lol, funny. though that's not what I was after
  • Options
    mustluvcigars:
    I am using a PC. looove Vista, but me thinks if people want to use the fruity brand, well then..to each his own..lol
    Vista is nice, I just think people get mad at it because you can't get a 400 dollar dell or emachine to run it very well or you can't use a 10 year old computer on it. Though I do like leopard too, just not as my main system.
  • Options
    they make some some cheap indoor outdoor stuff, or try remants, alot of people have that plastic green "grass" stuff on their porches
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    phobicsquirrel:
    mustluvcigars:
    Vista is nice, I just think people get mad at it because you can't get a 400 dollar dell or emachine to run it very well or you can't use a 10 year old computer on it. Though I do like leopard too, just not as my main system.
    Vista sucks. While part of the problem may be what you are saying here, the bigger problem is compatibility. Nothing works with it, its useless for business purposes. I'm an IBM software consultant and IBM has already informed us they will never support Vista. We can't run Vista on any of our machines. They're waiting on Windows 8.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    madurofan:
    phobicsquirrel:
    mustluvcigars:
    Vista sucks. While part of the problem may be what you are saying here, the bigger problem is compatibility. Nothing works with it, its useless for business purposes. I'm an IBM software consultant and IBM has already informed us they will never support Vista. We can't run Vista on any of our machines. They're waiting on Windows 8.
    I work for the Army as a system admin. We'll be going to Vista soon. I run it at home and have no problems but I am running a pretty beefy system.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    madurofan:
    I usually listen to nothing but crickets birds and a little jet noise mixed in. I usually choose to read.
    I'm with you this one Maddy.. That or quiet conversation.
  • Options
    madurofan:
    phobicsquirrel:
    mustluvcigars:
    The fact that vendors wont support or make their products compatibile with Vista suxs, not Vista. Dont like Vista try Windows Mojave their new OS
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    I read in the NY Times that Microsoft knows vista sucks and is rushing windows 8 out like they've never rushed anything before. And the review said that 8 is better than vista, but not by a whole lot. As for me, I know so little about vista that it doesn't really suck for me. I use computers for visiting the world wide web and for storing photos of my cute little girl. My hp pavilion with vista handles that just fine.
  • Options
    Luko:
    I read in the NY Times ....
    Along the same lines of " I saw on Fox News..."
  • Options
    mustluvcigars:
    Luko:
    Oh come on...
  • Options
    Luko:
    mustluvcigars:
    Luko:
    Oh come on...
    opposite ends of the spectrum, but yet slanted
  • Options
    mustluvcigars:
    Luko:
    mustluvcigars:
    Luko:
    Oh come on...
    Fox has libs on all the time....where's the conservatives in the NY Times?
  • Options
    mustluvcigars:
    Luko:
    mustluvcigars:
    Luko:
    Oh come on...
    So that might be applicable if we were talking about Washington, but I don't see how it's relevant to their coverage of a new Microsoft product.
  • Options
    Luko:
    mustluvcigars:
    Luko:
    mustluvcigars:
    Luko:
    Oh come on...
    So that might be applicable if we were talking about Washington, but I don't see how it's relevant to their coverage of a new Microsoft product.
    Okay to be fair I just went searched for the article on the web, by line for the one I found
    "Hate Vista? You may like the fix"
    I stand by my original comment,
    you dont see much objectivity from very many news outlets these days