Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

Bucking W = Fully armed and operational battle station

Chris and I did a trade for some Oktoberfests a few weeks back... last week he sends me a PM saying to keep en eye out for a little something he shot my way... little something... HA!

2011-12-13_19-21-13_144 10 sticks is not "a little something"... especially when they are 10 SERIOUS sticks! then, get this... I send him a thank you PM explaining that I've only had the Casa Magna before and I'm fired up beyond belief about the rest... he actually apologized because there were supposed to be 2 Cohibas! He sends me 2 beautiful smokes and then apologizes because he left one out... what a guy!

Chris, you are in my cross hairs...

Comments

• Options
    Bucking_WBucking_W Posts: 208 ✭✭
    Y thank you there Rob, I appreciate you trading with a little ole "Noob" like me. I look forward to many more.
  • Options
    Those look great, nice hit! How are the Camacho maduros?
  • Options
    robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    They are Camacho Diploma Maduros and they look and smell amazing... I've never had them, but I will be firing one up very soon... I want to let them rest a little after the trip from Texas... I'll post a review in the next month or so for sure... I've never really had any Perdomos either, but these 2 look pretty awesome as well!
  • Options
    dowjr1dowjr1 Posts: 600
    OOOOH man those Camachos look good. I am glad I wasn't the only guy looking at those. You know Camacho has not been a big brand of mine but it seems they are stepping up their game.
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who is this Bucking W guy? He ain't messing around is he? Hit like a professional. Nicely done brother.
  • Options
    jsnake:
    Who is this Bucking W guy? He ain't messing around is he? Hit like a professional. Nicely done brother.
    yep, doesn't mess around... he's gonna fit right in!
  • Options
    The Perdomo Patriarch are my top favorite, never had a bad one from the box, full bodied cigar. Camacho Diploma Maduro are right next to the Perdomos, full bodied with strong spicy taste throughout. Both are my top favorites. SLR are a good smoke to have medium bodied, great for after lunch smoke. Placencia are mild medium and are great with coffee / espresso. I hate saying espresso, sounds funny coming from a cowboy. Magna , I love the shorty Magna it never loses it flavor and is very consistent, I would say it is a medium full smoke. Rob, you do a review on the Cohiba and I'll send others to get that review website a page for Habana reviews.
  • Options
    well, the sites IS lacking in the Habana Reviews... i'm not gonna say no to that!
  • Options
    I fired up the Perdomo today while I was putting up Xmas lights outside... yes, I slacked on the lights this year, but they're up!

anyway... what a great smoke... lots of big bold flavors... I'll do a more comprehensive review, but wow... just wanted to say it was awesome and thanks again Chris!
  • Options
    dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    robbyras:
    I fired up the Perdomo today while I was putting up Xmas lights outside... yes, I slacked on the lights this year, but they're up!

anyway... what a great smoke... lots of big bold flavors... I'll do a more comprehensive review, but wow... just wanted to say it was awesome and thanks again Chris!
    The Patriarch is a staple in my humidor. I love the Maduro and the Connecticut both!

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    That doesnt look like any Patriarch Ive seen,,,those look way better, Nice work Buck!!!!
  • Options
    Muchas Gracias, You know I have had those for over a year and I don't see those labels anymore, and I love them dearly. The new labels are not so flashy, hope the cigar stayed the same.
  • Options
    dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bucking W:
    Muchas Gracias, You know I have had those for over a year and I don't see those labels anymore, and I love them dearly. The new labels are not so flashy, hope the cigar stayed the same.
    I have some of both the new and old labels and they taste the same.

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • Options
    but dude... the old labels are MUCH sexier.... had no idea this one had a year on it... you're very generous Chris!
  • Options
    Ok, now stop your making this Cowboy blush LOL I'm having fun ever since I have found this site, You guys have rejuvenated my Cigar life. I've said it once and say it again, Cigars are to be enjoyed but they are better enjoyed among friends.