Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

USPS

I've been reading that the USPS is having to close a bunch of sort facilities across the country.
I've also been tracking a bunch of packages the last few weeks, and it seems like they all end up staying in sort facilities for 24 - 48 hours. And they want to close some of them? Idiots!.
At some point, it will force us to go with a private carrier.

Comments

• Options
    robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    copy that... having the same issues myself... in fact i'm trying to track down a package they said was delivered to me on the 12th but I never got it... good times
  • Options
    MTuccelliMTuccelli Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭
    Looks like UPS or Fedx is going to be the way to go in the future

• Options
    jimmyv723jimmyv723 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭
    It's a shame because I always preferred USPS Priority because it gets there half the time UPS Ground does and costs half as much. When I sold a few watches last year I went to UPS the first time and it was about $30 to ship it Ground just from AZ to CA. After that just used the Flat Rate boxes from USPS and it was around $15 and got there in two-three days anywhere in the country as opposed to five-six with UPS Ground.
    Ken Light 3K MOW Badge - 8/14
    2015 Gang War - East Coast
    Enola Gay - Target #29

• Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    had 2 packages shipped monday the 5th from the same place (not ccom ), 1 priority usps, 1 ups ground both arrived monday the 12th , i planned on the ups taking a week ground but i paid an extra 4 bucks for a total of 9.99. ( maybe herman cains 999 plan got me,lol ) for the priority one that shoulda took 3 days,and the ups order was a free ship,, i had saw something on sale over the weekend and bought it, monday morning it comes up on sale with free ship so i hit it again, ended up paying 14.00 more with the shipping for the 1st one i bought , was going to send 1 box back for credit but then i would lose another 6 bucks or so so ill chalk it up to lessons learned.
  • Options
    jr_p951jr_p951 Posts: 1,121
    Once the big cut takes hold, I think the private carriers will be just as competative. If FedEx starts delivering papermail for dirt cheap, USPS is done for!
  • Options
    DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    I ship things for a living...Every time I do it for something personal I always get fracked
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,917 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They closed down ours now everything comes thru Charleston but it looks like they are running round the clock there so things are usually in and out in a few hours. Except Sunday.