Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Cohiba Black...

phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
Anyone have any thoughts? I've heard that they are like a AF chateau but more expensive and a little more complex.

Comments

• Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    really? hmmm ... i havent had one but i heard they sucked.
  • Options
    Had this one in the Christmas gift that got me started on cigars.(the one in the tube) I was told it was a bit dry out of the tube and I should take it out for about a week before I smoked it. I was most exicted about smoking this one, but sadly the least impressed..I wouldnt turn another down,but they are not on my list to get more of.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947

I have had the black in suprema size- thought it was pretty tasty and i like the tins of pasqules(SP)

• Options
    well that's a little disappointing. some of the reviews seemed good.
  • Options
    dep691dep691 Posts: 311
    I've had one and it just wasn't that great, kinda blah really.
  • Options
    kaelariakaelaria Posts: 572
    I have yet to find a CAO I liked - that being said I have a Black (as well as some Brazillias, some Itallias, etc.) in my cabinet. I have not yet tried the Black, but doubt it will be any different.
  • Options
    ...umm CAO not Cohiba right?
  • Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    I actually had a Cohiba Black tonight in the Suprema size. This thing had been sittin in my humi for well over 8 months, and I remember eyeing it for a while before purchasing it. All in all, it was a good smoke. Seemed to be hard a rock yet had a very tolerable draw that was a bit tight (par for a cohiba) but produced ample smoke. Burn was almost perfect, and it was rather tasty. Nothing special and I wouldn't put it in it's price point, but not a bad cigar.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Thats a good size Brandon and usually the one I purchase and yes it seems the draw is a smidge tight. But I do enjoy them...
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    I've had one of the Cohiba Blacks and I thought it was a pretty good smoke. It was a GREAT smoke because of the event I was at when I smoked it... It was at my wedding reception-after party. Sitting around with the wife and a bunch of friends having some drinks and smoking a cigar. The wife picked it up for me as a little gift for after the wedding. It isn't something I would smoke on a regular basis due to the price.