Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

missing packages

So it turns out that I had 2 packages sent to me that are missing... they were both supposed to arrive on Monday the 12th... the tracking says they were delivered, but I never got them... if anyone else has sent anything my way lately and has not received a reply from me, please let me know via PM... especially if the tracking says it was delivered... apparently my mailman has completely mailed it in... yeah, I went there

Comments

• Options
    DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    Your mailman A BOTL or just likes to roll really expensive blunts?
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    robbyras:
    So it turns out that I had 2 packages sent to me that are missing... they were both supposed to arrive on Monday the 12th... the tracking says they were delivered, but I never got them... if anyone else has sent anything my way lately and has not received a reply from me, please let me know via PM... especially if the tracking says it was delivered... apparently my mailman has completely mailed it in... yeah, I went there
    Oh Damn, hope you get them!!
  • Options
    I'm gonna tighten ya up on my mailrun tomorrow.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    robbyras:
    There was some Ass-hole who got arrested for stealing packages from homes earlier this week in oregon, I think portland or lake oswego. it's such a crap thing to do. I hope you find them.
  • Options
    robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    Direwolf:
    While I appreciate what you wanna do, you really don't need to... I have some calls in and a PO Case Number and all that noise... I'm holding out hope that they are sitting in the PO somewhere waiting for me to come get them...
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man that sucks dude.
  • Options
    greg2648greg2648 Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭
    robbyras:
    Direwolf:
    While I appreciate what you wanna do, you really don't need to... I have some calls in and a PO Case Number and all that noise... I'm holding out hope that they are sitting in the PO somewhere waiting for me to come get them...
    PM Sent.
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My mailman is a lazy *** who shows packages delivered and leaves them in the truck for a few days.
  • Options
    MTuccelliMTuccelli Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭
    What the HELL is wrong with people?? and don't give me the line....It's the economy and tough out here bullsh!t!. It is plain disrespect for your fellow man and laziness. Man this Santa is PISSED!!

• Options
    MTuccelli:
    What the HELL is wrong with people?? and don't give me the line....It's the economy and tough out here bullsh!t!. It is plain disrespect for your fellow man and laziness. Man this Santa is PISSED!!

HA! all i can hear is the line from Elf... "oh, you're and angry elf!"

I have a feeling this is all gonna work out... sounds like it's happened to Jsnake before... and seriously, there are days when I get no mail at all (how is that possible, with all the junk mail?) and days when it comes twice... so these guys area ll over the place...
  • Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i tell you what may have happen, that happen to me a couple weeks ago and it was because my mail person that is a lazy*&%( not my regular one she is awesome, the one that fills in) scanned it before she delivered it, my gate was locked as i thought i would be back before mail delivery, so she took it back to usps, i got the tracking # and went to usps and they had it in the back, they laughed and said she forgot to unscan it, i said she shouldnt have scanned it before she left it at my door anyway! i have watched this certain one do it all the time, she wont even carry a mailbag and walk the whole block, she drives about every 3-4 houses and carrys just enough mail for those and if she has a box she scans it before she leaves the truck,, then on to the next 3-4 , my blocks arnt that long and she looks fairly healthy to me
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My regular is a nice lady. This guy that fills in for her scans every package in the morning and then he leaves them for her when she returns back to work. He drives a truck from mailbox to mailbox and is just a lazy worthless idiot.
  • Options
    jsnake:
    My regular is a nice lady. This guy that fills in for her scans every package in the morning and then he leaves them for her when she returns back to work. He drives a truck from mailbox to mailbox and is just a lazy worthless idiot.
    Sounds exactly like the ones that fill in for my regular mailman

• Options
    RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    here was My expierience today... and in the last 4 weeks...today I was tryig to mail packages to my family for christmas... one of the boxes had an edge of some express mail tape showing,,, she wouldnt send it Parcial Post unless i repacked the box..i asked if she had a Marker i would cover it..... I caused a Scene.... I lit her up like a 2 dollar firecracker in front of a HUGE crowd... LOL I ship anywhere from 4-20 packages a week out of there and I have never been treated this way and i have sent many packeges way more covered up than this one... the guy that usually waits on me came over .... I still had to take it and repackage it... there was a 14 buck difference in price with only a 2-3 day difference in delivery with No Gaurantee......ive been tracking a couple other packages from the last few weeks... way slower delivery... what was taking 4 days has taken a week... and it really has nothing to do with the Holidays Amazon sent me a packeg next day for free on ups.... the USPS is losing my buisness very quickly....... Good luck finiding your stuff ROb..
  • Options
    Redtailhawkoz:
    here was My expierience today... and in the last 4 weeks...today I was tryig to mail packages to my family for christmas... one of the boxes had an edge of some express mail tape showing,,, she wouldnt send it Parcial Post unless i repacked the box..i asked if she had a Marker i would cover it..... I caused a Scene.... I lit her up like a 2 dollar firecracker in front of a HUGE crowd... LOL I ship anywhere from 4-20 packages a week out of there and I have never been treated this way and i have sent many packeges way more covered up than this one... the guy that usually waits on me came over .... I still had to take it and repackage it... there was a 14 buck difference in price with only a 2-3 day difference in delivery with No Gaurantee......ive been tracking a couple other packages from the last few weeks... way slower delivery... what was taking 4 days has taken a week... and it really has nothing to do with the Holidays Amazon sent me a packeg next day for free on ups.... the USPS is losing my buisness very quickly....... Good luck finiding your stuff ROb..
    let me guess was that the PO in Folsom not far from Walmart? If so they told me I couldn't ship a Girder Front end to a guy in Japan because it exceeded the measurement limits. i said OK walked out the door and went to the PO in Orangevale where they said no problem. i find some post offices don't even read their own operation manuals
  • Options
    slickricslickric Posts: 705
    phobicsquirrel:
    robbyras:
    There was some Ass-hole who got arrested for stealing packages from homes earlier this week in oregon, I think portland or lake oswego. it's such a crap thing to do. I hope you find them.
    there was a news story about some guy in va that would drive through neighborhoods and take packages off peoples doorsteps when they weren't home. one of the victims had a camera set up bc they had been robbed the year b4 and they had him on video but he is still AT LARGE. heads up guys, it seems to be an epidemic
  • Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    slickric:
    phobicsquirrel:
    robbyras:
    there was a news story about some guy in va that would drive through neighborhoods and take packages off peoples doorsteps when they weren't home. one of the victims had a camera set up bc they had been robbed the year b4 and they had him on video but he is still AT LARGE. heads up guys, it seems to be an epidemic
    yup, i was home one day and a box was left, my usual lady will knock and hand them to me, this one the same lazy one just sat it down on my step and left, i heard my gate close so i open the door and she is driving off and i see a guy that had walked past the house turn around like he was coming to get it as when he saw me he did a turn and went back the other way, knock on wood i havent lost one by shipping or sending yet, although one i sent to diamondog took awhile and he finally got it and another i sent to wayne that came back from canada 3 months later,lol
  • Options
    amz1301amz1301 Posts: 1,299
    Here's a good story. I ordered two things from Amazon Nov. 15th. USPS tracking number said picked up by shipping partner on Nov. 17th Federal Way, WA 98003 by USPS with expected deliver of Nov. 22nd.

Nov. the 28th rolls around and no package. I call USPS and they have no idea where the package is, it still says picked up by shipping partner. So I call Amazon because I need this **** by Dec. 2nd. They cancel the order reorder it next day air UPS no extra charge. So next day the package shows up UPS no problem.

I come home today and the damn original package is sitting at my door a month later. I go on USPS type in the tracking number and all it says is picked up by shipping partner Nov. 17th Federal Way, WA 98003 arrived in Baltimore Dec. 16th. Where the hell was that package sitting for a month. Box is all f@cking smashed up too.

Personally for me I hate to say it but I've never ever had a problem UPS. Been trying to throw some business towards the USPS lately but I haven't been happy with there service.
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear it rob. USPS is garbage. My wife used to sell Avon and our local post master tried to fine her $300 for putting an Avon book in a mailbox. Couple of problems here: one she didn't put the book in there in the first place. 2 : according to atlanta's post master general's office she doesn't have power to fine ***. I called her up and told her to stick this certified letter demanding $300 up her ass.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    One of the packages Robby didn't receive was from me..This time I had one to send to Isaac. Same frackin thing happens..package show delivered and nothing on the doorstep..Cali postmen must really like good cigars
  • Options
    jkallen83jkallen83 Posts: 142
    I have 2 stories like that......first, I order an EXPENSIVE item and tracked it...I was sitting outside on the porch looking at the mailbox which was like 50 feet away. Mailman went by FLYING. Check tracking, delivered...call post office and they asked the driver who said it was delivered, told them I watched the driver go by and they said "sorry nothing we can it, it was deliver".....BUT NOT TO ME!!! I lost alot of money there...
    Where I live now alot of packages are left half mile away at the neighbors...their response is "we left it in the vicinity of ur house "......I HATE substitute drivers...I live out in the country, not like we are a small area who knows each other...I just wish the postal service would do their job.
  • Options
    I sure hope mine gets there. Some stuff in there I just can't replace unfortunately. I'm tracking it though should be there tomorrow!
  • Options
    Shaun.Harrison87Shaun.Harrison87 Posts: 1,971
    joshvoigt:
    I sure hope mine gets there. Some stuff in there I just can't replace unfortunately. I'm tracking it though should be there tomorrow!
    Weren't you stealing packages? ;)
  • Options
    jr_p951jr_p951 Posts: 1,121
    I recently had 5 packages coming, but only recieved 4! I'm hoping the last one is still making its way to me.
  • Options
    joshvoigt:
    shouldn't be a problem... although I will be on the golf course tomorrow, so who knows!
  • Options
    spindriftspindrift Posts: 818 ✭✭
    Direwolf:
    One of the packages Robby didn't receive was from me..This time I had one to send to Isaac. Same frackin thing happens..package show delivered and nothing on the doorstep..Cali postmen must really like good cigars
    Sent out two on 12/22...One to WA and one to Fargo...WA was received a couple of days ago, Fargo is MIA...I have a UPS store that is closer than the PO...Might have to change carriers....
  • Options
    MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭✭
    spindrift:
    Direwolf:
    Sent out two on 12/22...One to WA and one to Fargo...WA was received a couple of days ago, Fargo is MIA...I have a UPS store that is closer than the PO...Might have to change carriers....
    Also got one hanging in Fargo also, we'll see today....
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • Options
    MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    Note to everyone. If it says 3 days to Fargo, count at least 4. Once it even gets here they take at least a day to bring it to us. USPS sorts horribly slow here.
  • Options
    Both times Package has said delivered. If they are anything like my carriers they don't look at addresses. I get mail for neighbors all the time.
  • Options
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    joshvoigt:
    Weren't you stealing packages? ;)
    I only intend on stealing your package for the pass. Heck I already had a chance to steal a box of 2010 MFs ;).