Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

Bad Santa!.........

Just because I smoked a cigar with him at his campground a while ago, the original "polar bear", Marty, decided to play Santa, and drop this heavy sticks bomb on me.

2 Casillas Governators! (still the best cigar I have ever smoked)
a Padilla Miami
an Alec Bradley Tempus Quadrum Maduro (been really wanting to try one of these)

Thanks Marty, you are too kind.

Comments

• Options
    dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice! What is a Casillas Governator, and where can a guy get them?

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • Options
    MTuccelliMTuccelli Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭
    KingoftheCove:
    Just because I smoked a cigar with him at his campground a while ago, the original "polar bear", Marty, decided to play Santa, and drop this heavy sticks bomb on me.

a Padilla Miami

Nice bomb Marty....all top shelf sticks

• Options
    KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Posts: 937 ✭✭✭
    dbeckom:
    www.casillascigars.com
    You have to ask for the Governator, it is not listed on the site.
    Check out their Yelp reviews.
    This is Mike's (MTuccelli) "hangout" - I have yet to visit, but plan to in the future.

• Options
    dbeckom:
    They are from a local B&M I go to here in town. they hand roll their own there and I agree this is one of the best I have smoked as well.

• Options
    dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    KingoftheCove:
    dbeckom:
    www.casillascigars.com
    You have to ask for the Governator, it is not listed on the site.
    Check out their Yelp reviews.
    This is Mike's (MTuccelli) "hangout" - I have yet to visit, but plan to in the future.

Thanks! I'll definitely check em out.

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    KingoftheCove:

a Padilla Miami

You're more than welcome, my friend. Let Mike Tuccelli and I know when you plan to visit Casillas and we may be able to get together for a smoke and a drink or three, assuming Mike's available at the time. Okay, Mike??
  • Options
    jlmarta:
    KingoftheCove:

a Padilla Miami

You're more than welcome, my friend. Let Mike Tuccelli and I know when you plan to visit Casillas and we may be able to get together for a smoke and a drink or three, assuming Mike's available at the time. Okay, Mike??
    You bet buddy!!

• Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually, Horst isn't telling the whole story. He didn't just smoke a cigar with me. Never having laid eyes on my child bride or I before, he bought lunch for us at his Deli. I then invited him and his wife to join us at our trailer parked at the beach for cocktails after they closed up shop for the day. Then, when they arrived, he gifted me with a handful of nice stogies. I couldn't just let that go unanswered, now could I?

besides, they're great folks so, if you're ever in Santa Cruz, CA, give their deli a try for lunch. Good grits, Maynard.....
  • Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Awesome hit!
  • Options
    jr_p951jr_p951 Posts: 1,121
    Those Govenadors are great smokes! Nice hit!