Fuente Rosado

Had my first (and last) today... it did NOT agree with me... yuck

Comments

• DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    robbyras:
    Had my first (and last) today... it did NOT agree with me... yuck
    What was bad about it?
  • robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    it tastes like feet... the wrapper smelled sour prelight and the flavor just seemed to get stronger... i got about 2 inches in and had to abort...
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I happen to like that cigar but hey we are all entitled to our own opinions and tastes.
  • Bucking_WBucking_W Posts: 208 ✭✭
    robbyras:
    it tastes like feet... the wrapper smelled sour prelight and the flavor just seemed to get stronger... i got about 2 inches in and had to abort...

What, I just looked these up and it described them with some subtle spices of which clove stands out and cedar. with strong licorice notes, it said nothing about feet. You're going to have to describe the taste of feet a little better for me.
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    I'll have to try the one you sent me. I'll let you know what I think.
  • robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    Bucking W:
    robbyras:

What, I just looked these up and it described them with some subtle spices of which clove stands out and cedar. with strong licorice notes, it said nothing about feet. You're going to have to describe the taste of feet a little better for me.
    ha... i was being less than serious... it's just had a sour tasted... the wrapper looked kinda blotchy too... so maybe it as a funky sick... or maybe it just doesn't fit for me... idunno
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I've had one. I didn't hate it, but at the same time I don't think I'll buy another. Fuente is one brand that I've never really gotten into, there have been a few exceptions, but on the whole I just don't get Fuente.
  • lcpleellcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    I've had one. I didn't hate it, but at the same time I don't think I'll buy another. Fuente is one brand that I've never really gotten into, there have been a few exceptions, but on the whole I just don't get Fuente.
    how dare you !
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Absolutely love the 52. I think they have a lot of smooth sweetness, cinnamon, leather, and a little of that spoiled fruit that I dig in Fuente.
    I think the 52 is the best size aas well
    lcpleel:
    j0z3r:
    how dare you !
    I must say, that Opus PL you gave me was fantastic, as was the Hemingway Sungrown. The Hemingway line is one I've consistently enjoyed, the Don Carlos started coming around after a few years.
    all it needs is time... lol
  • fuentejpsfuentejps Posts: 345
    Same here. i love these
    docbp87:
    Absolutely love the 52. I think they have a lot of smooth sweetness, cinnamon, leather, and a little of that spoiled fruit that I dig in Fuente.
  • Shaun.Harrison87Shaun.Harrison87 Posts: 1,971
    I have the torp, havent tried it yet, but now not really looking forward to it
    okay just to clear things up as a fuente fan. the 52 is good nothing to write home about, but not bad. I wouldnt say that i love the blend but at the same time i still buy them.
    I was doing some thinking ( I know, I smell the burning rubber too) and what I had wasn't the Fuente Rosado, I was confusing it with the Fuente Sungrown, of which I tried the 8-5-8.
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    j0z3r:
    I was doing some thinking ( I know, I smell the burning rubber too) and what I had wasn't the Fuente Rosado, I was confusing it with the Fuente Sungrown, of which I tried the 8-5-8.
    858 Sungrowns really benefit from a few years of down time in my experience.

Also, I hear rumors on CF about a Rosado Magnum in a corona... 44 ring gauge.