Home Non Cigar Related
Options

UPDATED: Thoughts & Prayers & Mojo

jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
Hey fellas, I know I have been barely around lately but I still lurk and try to post. I have a HUGE custody battle coming Jan. 9th for custody of my 2 older boys. You guys have no idea of the hell my ex wife has put as all through in the last 12 years.

I can't really get into details because I can write a book. Basically I just need some thoughts and prayers or good mojo sent my way. My kids need some stability and a better environment. She has brainwashed my oldest son (16) and he is always lying and trying to defend her ridiculous actions. Without putting it all out here in public I just could really use some encouragement. We have documented everything and really think we have a great chance. I still worry though. It is tough for a man to get custody especially where I live.

Thanks fellas. I am $5,000 in debt on this so far but it is almost over. I don't care about the money. Just need the best for my sons.

Comments

• Options
    Shaun.Harrison87Shaun.Harrison87 Posts: 1,971
    WOW, I'm sorry to hear that...my mom was a custody investigator for a long time and just couldn't do it anymore because of all of the stress she had to endure making those decisions, its a horrible spot for all parties invilved. I wish you the best and hopefully your 2 boys return safe!
  • Options
    smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MOJO thoughts and prayers headed ya way man. Hope things work out for you.
  • Options
    The ColonelThe Colonel Posts: 206
    Positive energy coming your way!!! Best to you.. kids deserve the best.
  • Options
    robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    Stay strong Bro! We're all in your corner...
  • Options
    Thoughts and Prayers to you and your sons Jake.
  • Options
    DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    Hang tough and hoping the best for you and your boys
  • Options
    wwesternwwestern Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭
    My thoughts are with you Jake.... I'll also be hoping for a well timed bus, I know how this goes too well.
  • Options
    boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Posts: 1,101
    Direwolf:
    Hang tough and hoping the best for you and your boys
    couldn't have said it better myself. Hang in there man.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Bro, I am sending all the good thoughts and mojo my 230lb body can emit. I really hope things come to an amicable and happy resolution for you and your kids. My wife is a family law paralegal and I've heard about the crazy things that people do.
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man sorry to hear this news. But I believe that with all the good you've been doing that you've got to have some good coming back around to you brother. I'll be praying for you that the court will see the truth .
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best of luck. I've been there and done that and it sure isn't fun. I feel for you and you will be in our thoughts and prayers.
  • Options
    Thanks guys.
  • Options
    RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    Good Luck..,..... been there done that... Prayers your way Brother
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Redtailhawkoz:
    Good Luck..,..... been there done that... Prayers your way Brother
    Oz and Jake, I still have both of you on the top of my thoughts and prayers list.
  • Options
    CharlieCordusCharlieCordus Posts: 84 ✭✭
    Hey Jake, don't know if this helps or not but you've got brothers out here who have been through this (myself included). I won't lie to you, these things can go badly for the man, regardless of how aweful the wife acted. There is a light at the end of the tunnel however and I wish the very best for you and your family. Remember that you always have a choice... to live, to love, to act, to be happy, whatever the case may be.
  • Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Jake I will def be keeping you in my prayers and hoping that this works out for you! I can't imagine what this has to of been like for you
  • Options
    CharlieCordus:
    Hey Jake, don't know if this helps or not but you've got brothers out here who have been through this (myself included). I won't lie to you, these things can go badly for the man, regardless of how aweful the wife acted. There is a light at the end of the tunnel however and I wish the very best for you and your family. Remember that you always have a choice... to live, to love, to act, to be happy, whatever the case may be.
    This is what I am worried about. I play by the rules and do what I am supposed to do. No, I am not perfect but I have put up with enough for the last 11 years and it just keeps getting worst. But I have seen guys go in with a solid case and not only lose but have to pay the woman's attorney fees and get hammered harder on child support.

I went through my divorce decree and she has violated every single thing. A good sign though is we went to mediation and the mediator went off on her several times and even recommended that I make all medical decisions for the boys. That is a big deal. There is so much detail that you guys just wouldn't believe from her moving out of state without permission from the court or myself, 5 evictions, domestic violence arrests and convictions, living in a hotel, failing to get medical treatment, giving my daughter the middle finger, threatening my wife, lying to my boys about dying from cancer, preventing child visitation, over 50 telephone numbers over 11 years and many times with no phone service, and on and on and on.

All I know is Jan 9th it will be done and over and I am just going to have to put it in God's hands.
  • Options
    Today was the big day. The judge took the case under advisement. I am very optimistic. The ex came across very poorly and my lawyer is very good. She was caught lying and didn't know my youngest son's age, either of their schools or teacher's names.

My lawyer said the only thing working against me is how well adjusted my son is. The judge talked to him privately but did not ask him his preference. I have great kids and in a way that hurt my case.

While most of my evidence from Facebook, Twitter, and cell phone texts were not accepted as evidence a very damaging tape recording of voicemail messages that she has left during the past year and the transcripts was accepted. This tape has her cussing while my son can be heard in the background telling her to stop. Most of the messages she sounded drunk or high and you guys wouldn't believe the transcript if I posted it.

I strongly believe that once the judge actually listens to the tape it will make a huge impact. We could already tell he wasn't impressed with her or her testimony.

It isn't about winning against her. It is about what is right and wrong for my kids. You guys have no idea of the hell I have been through along with my kids for the last 11 years. Please keep praying for us for the next 3 weeks until a decision is made. Please pray the right decision is made for my boys. They deserve better.
  • Options
    roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    Still praying man, that's messed up.
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Continued thoughts and prayers brother!
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ENFIDL:
    Continued thoughts and prayers brother!

And a big +1 to that!
  • Options
    HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    Continued prayers brother. I hope it all works out for the best for you and your kids.