Home Non Cigar Related
Options

The Hobbit (Official Trailer) HD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0k3kHtyoqc

YES! This is going to be awesome! So glad Peter Jackson took back the reins. Looks to be as good as the LotR Trilogy (duh!). I will probably be among the first people to watch this... what a way to end what will shape up to be a full tilt year!

Comments

• Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    I actually waited on the internet till 9pm Central for this...
    I AM EXCITE!
  • Options
    scarlinscarlin Posts: 1,592
    O gosh Gollum again..I wish he was killed on sight.
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    I have waited so long for this. AWESOME!!
  • Options
    CvilleECvilleE Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭
    Good Lord..next December as in December 2012.....I have waited long enough. Thanks for posting, I didn't know the trailer was out yet.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    laker1963:
    agreed.
  • Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    kuzi16:
    laker1963:
    agreed.
    +1
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    drpepperdude:

YES! This is going to be awesome! So glad Peter Jackson took back the reins. Looks to be as good as the LotR Trilogy (duh!). I will probably be among the first people to watch this... what a way to end what will shape up to be a full tilt year!

Thanks for the Heads up.. I thought the movies recreated the story very well. Surprised they didnt call it the Red Book of Westmarch.:o)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Right on! Been waiting for this for too long. I can't wait to see the movie. Thanks for the post.
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    Very cool, and probably one of the few movies I will go see in the theater.
  • Options
    sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    Yea, I pooped a little when I saw it. This may be a very long 12 months.
  • Options
    Lakota72Lakota72 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭
    I am glad I saw this. I enjoyed the first movies-- this will complete everything. To bad they didn't start with it.
  • Options
    Lakota72:
    I am glad I saw this. I enjoyed the first movies-- this will complete everything. To bad they didn't start with it.
    Agreed. Like the LOTR movies, this one will not be able to compete with the original story in the books. However if they do as good of job as they did with the LOTR movies... this will be epic.

I have had a limited edition release of these books for almost 20 years. I read through these stories at least 4 times, and ALWAYS come away with a little tid bit of something i missed in the first readings. Just a GREAT, GREAT story, my all time favorite.
  • Options
    Shaun.Harrison87Shaun.Harrison87 Posts: 1,971
    drpepperdude:

DAMN, FINALLY!
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Isn't the hobbit supposed to be the prequel to lotr?

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    Krieg:
    Isn't the hobbit supposed to be the prequel to lotr?
    Yes, the Hobbit is the story of the ring from the LOTR. It was the first book of the set.
  • Options
    taythegibstaythegibs Posts: 2,025
    i dont know how i hadnt seen this yet! it seems like they have been working on it for ten years... i guess one more will be worth it!
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just watched this. I was really afraid that they would never be able to do justice by "The Hobbit" after the fantastic job on LOTR, but, looks like another epic. I'm stoked!
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    I remember watching the animated movie as a child. One of my favorites!

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    Krieg:
    I remember watching the animated movie as a child. One of my favorites!
    Me too. There's an animated lotr from that time as well, if I'm not mistaken. That hiding under the tree scene is kinda inspired from that. I should go buy those.