Home General Discussion
Options

Had a San Lotano Oval Last night

KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
It was awesome. That is all. (nice review huh?)

"Long ashes my friends."

Comments

• Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Sometimes Less is More!
  • Options
    MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Easily cigar of the year for me.

• Options
    Shaun.Harrison87Shaun.Harrison87 Posts: 1,971
    I had my first one on monday, fricken AWESOME!
  • Options
    JDHJDH Posts: 2,107
    stephen_hannibal:
    Easily cigar of the year for me.

I'll second that motion. I see several boxes of these in my future.
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    wow, sounds like I need to procure one or two of them
  • Options
    robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    Krieg:
    It was awesome. That is all. (nice review huh?)
    I actually had my second one on Saturday... and I don't know why I haven't bought a box yet... an amazing stick
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    Is it really that different from the regular San Lotano? I thought it was just a different vitola of the same cigar.

Nevermind, I see it's a different wrapper. I'm an idiot, and I guess I need to keep a better eye out for Ovals!
  • Options
    As soon as I get my gift cert from Robby for winning the Sumatra Div in FF, I'm ordering me up some Ovals, Had one and I loved it..
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    I keep going between the oval and habano. Both great sticks.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    JHeweyJHewey Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭
    Man. I need to get some of these. Hearing nothing but good things. Have tried the habano and maduro but not the oval.
  • Options
    big chunksbig chunks Posts: 1,607
    Same here, I really want to try this stick, my next order is gonna have a few of these
  • Options
    dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love the Oval...I love the whole line! For any of you that haven't had either of the SL line, you're in for a treat. Don't overlook the Connecticut either...it's easily in my top 5 Connie's.

I know several people that would pass on buying the Connie just because they're into the stronger stuff. I wish I could afford to buy a couple boxes of the SL Connecticut and just pass em out to everyone to try (like I did with the Est 1844 back in the summer)...they're that good IMO.

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • Options
    NightHawkNightHawk Posts: 247
    smoked through a bunch of the coronas and the robustos and i think the coronas have a bit of an edge over the robusto's. a bit smoother and richer in flavor.
  • Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    The Oval blew me away. So freaking good
  • Options
    dbeckom:
    I love the Oval...I love the whole line! For any of you that haven't had either of the SL line, you're in for a treat. Don't overlook the Connecticut either...it's easily in my top 5 Connie's.

I know several people that would pass on buying the Connie just because they're into the stronger stuff. I wish I could afford to buy a couple boxes of the SL Connecticut and just pass em out to everyone to try (like I did with the Est 1844 back in the summer)...they're that good IMO.
    Good to know DB, I picked up one (connie) at a AJ Fernandez event at the local B&M,, It'll get torched here soon,!!!
  • Options
    The Kid:
    dbeckom:

Good to know DB, I picked up one (connie) at a AJ Fernandez event at the local B&M,, It'll get torched here soon,!!!
    The SL Connie is not far behind the Room 101 Connie in my book...that's saying a lot as the Room 101 is atop my list of Connie's!

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • Options
    dbeckom:
    The Kid:
    dbeckom:

The SL Connie is not far behind the Room 101 Connie in my book...that's saying a lot as the Room 101 is atop my list of Connie's!
    Thats another one I havent had the pleasure of...Yet... The best connie (new) for me so far has been the San Cristobal
  • Options
    The Kid:
    dbeckom:
    The Kid:
    dbeckom:

Thats another one I havent had the pleasure of...Yet... The best connie (new) for me so far has been the San Cristobal
    The San Cristobal is one that I haven't had yet...gonna have to give em a try. you've gotta try the Room 101 Connie...it's an amazing stick!