Home Ratings & Reviews

Hurry - AJ Fernandez Cigars Only $1.36 Each

2»

Comments

• jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Direwolf:
    I'm fighting to not pull the trigger on these.. .....Someone talk me down!!! lol
    ok lol which ones were you looking at the toros or topedos? image
  • DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    leaning towards the toros
  • picked up a bundle of the two heads, thinking of doing 10 at 6'' and the other 10 at 7'' and having some short 3 and 4'' sticks, what do you guys think?
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    My bundle of toros appears to be LHC Oscuro Fuertes.
  • MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭✭
    Received, torpedos today, 5 x 56 Maduro, thinking Diesel Unholy Cocktails...
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • JudoChinXJudoChinX Posts: 775
    Got my torpedo's in. Looks like I got 25 Unholy Cocktails for a freakin' awesome deal!
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    JudoChinX:
    Got my torpedo's in. Looks like I got 25 Unholy Cocktails for a freakin' awesome deal!
    Da-yum, if I could guarantee that result I'd be all over it like a tall dog. I'm just too nervous I'm gonna get 25 RP fusions or some other less desirable AJ stick.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    I jumped, should be in by Friday. Went with the torpedo this time. I have been pleased every time so far.
  • picked up a bundle of the torpedos myself..
    Just got my second mazzo of toros. It says Habano on the bottom. Anyone have any ideas? 50 - 6 vitola. Can't find any 50-6, Habano from AJ?
  • BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    I got mine in today, too. 5X52 torpedos (belicosos, actually). 99% sure they are Morro Castles. Very happy with the purchase. I was hoping for Diesels, but I'm happy with these!
  • BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    BigT06:
    I got mine in today, too. 5X52 torpedos (belicosos, actually). 99% sure they are Morro Castles. Very happy with the purchase. I was hoping for Diesels, but I'm happy with these!
    yep. just fired this up a few mins ago. 100% sure they are Morro Castles. I also want to remind everybody that these are NOT seconds! They are overruns, which is a totally different thing. These are spot on perfect as far as construction, taste, draw, burn, everything. They just made too many of them and shipped them in unbanded mazos instead of boxing them and banding them. I say keep the boxes and bands! For $1 and some change, you can't beat em!

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
  • I got Ghurka Castle Hall  :(
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    BigT06:
    BigT06:
    yep. just fired this up a few mins ago. 100% sure they are Morro Castles. I also want to remind everybody that these are NOT seconds! They are overruns, which is a totally different thing. These are spot on perfect as far as construction, taste, draw, burn, everything. They just made too many of them and shipped them in unbanded mazos instead of boxing them and banding them. I say keep the boxes and bands! For $1 and some change, you can't beat em!

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
    Damn, I got two bundles of these enroute. I sure hope one of them is the Morro Castles. I love those things. BTW, the real Morro Castle is just Awesome, what a kewl place.
    beatnic:
    Just got my second mazzo of toros. It says Habano on the bottom. Anyone have any ideas? 50 - 6 vitola. Can't find any 50-6, Habano from AJ?
    Maybe Padilla Habano? He made those.
    bigharpoon:
    beatnic:
    The wrapper does look extremely similar. I smoked one today and is definitely not a MOW,Diesel, LHC, Morrow Castle, etc. I almost thought it was a like an AJ fresh rolled? Good stick, though. Great stick for the price.
    beatnic:
    bigharpoon:
    beatnic:
    The wrapper does look extremely similar. I smoked one today and is definitely not a MOW,Diesel, LHC, Morrow Castle, etc. I almost thought it was a like an AJ fresh rolled? Good stick, though. Great stick for the price.
    It's been years since my last Habano but I remember them being medium body with a very unique sweetness to them and a fairly light brown wrapper. Some of them had burn problems but those seemed to be more with the torpedoes than other vitolas. The blend was eventually changed and I didn't try the new blend and I'm not even sure if AJ had anything to do with it.
  • allsmokedupallsmokedup Posts: 751 ✭✭
    I got in on the deal on Monday, they still have torps and toros in stock. The Beard hooked me up with a mazo of torps...

I think they might be San Lotano Maduros! Looks like PA broadleaf (same shade as LHC Oscuro Fuerte), but measure in at 6.5 inch x 50ish ring gauge. I don't know of any other AJ blends with the same size/wrapper. I was hoping for UHC, but this works too! Can't wait to try one and see.
  • jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    allsmokedup:
    I got in on the deal on Monday, they still have torps and toros in stock. The Beard hooked me up with a mazo of torps...

I think they might be San Lotano Maduros! Looks like PA broadleaf (same shade as LHC Oscuro Fuerte), but measure in at 6.5 inch x 50ish ring gauge. I don't know of any other AJ blends with the same size/wrapper. I was hoping for UHC, but this works too! Can't wait to try one and see.
    pm sent
  • allsmokedupallsmokedup Posts: 751 ✭✭
    You have a response back.
  • MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭✭
    Unable to locate!!
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...