Home General Discussion
Options

Cigar.com Humidor

I am new to the Cigar world and I just purchased the cigar.com humidor. It holds 20 cigars and I was just wondering if I set it up right. Do I just put water in the humidifer and then attach it to the inside of the lid?

Comments

• Options
    cheymancheyman Posts: 157
    jharrod:
    I am new to the Cigar world and I just purchased the cigar.com humidor. It holds 20 cigars and I was just wondering if I set it up right. Do I just put water in the humidifer and then attach it to the inside of the lid?
    Try using the search function in forum..there tons of info on seasoning you new humi, which involves much more than simply filling the humidifier. Before you put cigars here is a good starting point.

http://www.cigar.com/cs/forums/thread/12055.aspx

if you don't properly season your humi first, then it will suck all the moister out of your sticks. Also, you should search for calibrating your hygrometer as the one the humi came with is most likely wrong.
    Lastly...get a bigger humi...if you spend any time on here than you will need it!
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    all good advice.

i have never purchased a humidor from cigar.com so i dont know this:
    Does ccom put directions for setting up the humidor in with the humidor?

• Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    all good advice.

i have never purchased a humidor from cigar.com so i dont know this:
    Does ccom put directions for setting up the humidor in with the humidor?

lol, I think a lot of people would love it if this became the standard for all humidors.