Home General Discussion
Options

Suggestions for affordable cigar gift...

Hello,
In lieu of attending a friend's bachelor party, I would like to send along a box of cigars. I really don't know much about them, only having enjoyed a few in life, but I was hoping that the forum might have suggestions for quality, but affordable (as I'm a strapped graduate student), cigars that I could send to the host for all to enjoy at the party.
Thanks for any input...
Cheers,

Comments

• Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    5 Vegas Classic, affordable, good flavor and medium body. So it's a good smoke for beginners all the way up to the pros at Cigar Afficianado.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    you could go with a sampler.
    if you wanted a box of cigars the Sancho Panza Extra Fuerte is quite good for a inexpensive box.
  • Options
    jlzimmermanjlzimmerman Posts: 282
    Oliva Series G (Cameroon). It'll run you about $3.50/cigar.
  • Options
    firemshllfiremshll Posts: 19
    I'm relatively new with Cigars, but I'd say 5 Vegas Classic - it's what I'm smoking on a regular basis right now. They will run you about $50 - $70 / box depending on size.
  • Options
    mikalsanmikalsan Posts: 53
    I would hit up cigarbid for a sampler. There will be good sticks, and something for everyone. Plus alot of them come with a humidor, so you can keep them fresh, so you all can actually enjoy smoking them. I cant tell you how many none cigar smokers I know who put cigars in thier sock draw to dry out, and wonder why they taste like a cigarette! Dont be the one to do this to your friends.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    jlzimmerman:
    Oliva Series G (Cameroon). It'll run you about $3.50/cigar.
    I second that recommendation.
  • Options
    Thanks, everyone.

I ended up buying a box of 5 Vegas Classic coronas--I figure that most people won't be able to appreciate or differentiate many cigars, and it sounded like a decent cigar that a lot of rare-smokers would enjoy. Also, it came with a free (albeit a logo-covered) humidor, so I figure the bachelor can properly store any leftover cigars at home. All in all, I think a pretty successful purchase, though time will tell.

Thanks again, all.

Cheers,

• Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    The very smoke I would have suggested, but did you pick up single for yourself ? I would have gone with a bigger ring size Robusto but that is always what I choose first. Excellent Choice.
  • Options
    phishermanphisherman Posts: 79
    Matt, we want a report back after the party on what the guys thought of the cigars.