Home General Discussion
Options

New Year's Cigar resolutions

kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
Yes, this thread is shamelessly stolen from another forum. thought it was a good idea.
so here goes mine:

- i want to not be taken in by sales and discounts. I will only buy cigars i respect because i want that cigar. not cigars i am "ok" with and are on sale.

- i want to get rid of some of the stuff i dont like in my humidor.

- i want to build a smoking lounge in my attic (the wife may have something to say about THAT one)

- i want to stop trading for CCs and dive in head first. its box time.

what about you guys?

Comments

• Options
    zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    I want to quit smoking cigarettes for good!

I've already started to thin out my NC stash and been purchasing more CCs lately, so I'm good in that dept.
  • Options
    y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    I want to make a coolidor. Want to buy some boxes and have a place to store them. And...hopefully get this wedding done in 2012!
  • Options
    415415 Posts: 951
    i want to spend way less on cigars this year. (about 1/2 or 1/3 as much)

i want to make room in the humi by getting rid of all the random sticks ill never get around to smoking and replace with sticks i love.

no more single sticks. boxes from now on
  • Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i want to quit lying to myself that these im buying at that time will be all for awhile
  • Options
    DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    To buy more smokes from ccom. I get caught up in the OOh Shiny of shopping at my B&M. Want to save up money to take a trip to Germany in August.
  • Options
    MTuccelliMTuccelli Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭
    I want to purchase what I like and not because something is on sale

Build a bigger coolidor

I want a bigger smoking humidor and an aging cabinet

I want to take time to research a brother/sisters likes before bombing the hell out of them

Start getting ready for next years Secret Santa exchange

• Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    MTuccelli:
    I want to take time to research a brother/sisters likes before bombing the hell out of them
    YES
    i wanna tack that onto mine as well. good call there.
  • Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Direwolf:
    To buy more smokes from ccom. I get caught up in the OOh Shiny of shopping at my B&M. Want to save up money to take a trip to Germany in August.
    i thought that too, and now i get them cheaper so i buy more and still buy from the b&m,lol, its like this> video CLICKHERE
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    I want to get my wife to let me smoke more on a regular basis (once a week at least)
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    I want toos bomb all yuse sons a biotches
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    jj20030:
    i want to quit lying to myself that these im buying at that time will be all for awhile
    LOL +100 I feel ya dawg
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    I'm going to review more and get into some other stuff in the blog world.
    Use my smoking tent more.
    Get my girlfriend to smoke more.
    Purchase the boxes I've been avoiding

• Options
    danielruasdanielruas Posts: 778
    BUY MORE CIGARS, SMOKE MORE CIGARS, CIGARS CIGARS CIGARS!
  • Options
    RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    I want to get rid of some of the stuff I'm not particular about in my humidor.

Do more reviews for myself. I find it rewarding.

Yes, Mike is right. I'll take it a little further. Get to know a person before I bomb them and be humble when bombed

Learn more about this hobby by reading more and taking a couple of trips.(This is already in the works)

Be more active in the DMV herf's.....

• Options
    HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    Try to spend about the same amount as I did this year, but buy fewer average smokes and buy more higher end smokes.

Quit waiting out online deals and start dealing with my c.com rep directly over the phone more often.
  • Options
    JDHJDH Posts: 2,107
    I want to get to know the members of this forum better.

I want to replace the furniture in my winter smoking room with something more comfortable - maybe something in leather that reclines.

I want to develop the patience to let my age-worthy sticks actually age instead of burning them up.

I want to concentrate on the cigar brands that I love the most instead of stocking too much variety - maybe develop a humidor with a good representation of 5 or 6 specific blenders like AJ, Pete Johnson, the Pepins, the Padrons, etc., and heavily stock up on just them.

I want to attend one really good cigar festival this year, and meet some of the men responsible for these cigars I enjoy so much, to thank them personally for the cigars they make.

I want to compare, in one sitting, a really good cigar from the forbidden Island with an Oval, or a Padron '26, or an Opus X.
  • Options
    Heavy:
    Try to spend about the same amount as I did this year, but buy fewer average smokes and buy more higher end smokes.

Quit waiting out online deals and start dealing with my c.com rep directly over the phone more often.
    +++++
  • Options
    Bucking_WBucking_W Posts: 208 ✭✭
    Finish my man cave in the backyard. 12x24 House fully loaded to hold my goods.
    Finally get the Bolivar Lounge remodeled and up n back open for the new year. Come and see us.
  • Options
    Bucking W:
    Finish my man cave in the backyard. 12x24 House fully loaded to hold my goods.
    Finally get the Bolivar Lounge remodeled and up n back open for the new year. Come and see us.
    I've been to the Bolivar, and it was pretty classy. Next time I'm in Austin, I'll stop in at the new location for sure.
  • Options
    slickricslickric Posts: 705
    anyways, i want to purchase more quality over quantity. i also want to learn more about the different combinations of wrapper, binder, and filler so that i can choose new sticks based more on education not guessing.
  • Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    Stolen or not, excellent idea for a thread kuzi, thanks!

- I want to buy less than I did this year. Even by my crazy standards this year was a little ridiculous. Towards that end...

- I want to implement a new purchasing policy where boxes are concerned. When I find a cigar I really like, Im going to buy a fiver of them and smoke those five over a few weeks. When I get to the last one, if I love it as much as I did when I discovered it, THEN buy a box nistead of just jumping straight to buying a box. Hopefully this will cut down on having 18 or 19 of "Eh, not as good as I remember it being" sticks taking up space in the humidors.

- I want to be a good mentor and source of information to our new forum members as they come in.

And finally...

I want to be as awesome as MTuccelli, just for one day. :-)

• Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    I want to buy fewer, higher quality cigars and make the time to really enjoy them.

I want to meet some of the greater area BORKs and get a herf going next summer.
  • Options
    bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First one off the top of my head.

I want to get done with all the oral surgery work and get at least one cigar smoked in 2012.

• Options

I want to stop smoking so much, and smoke only when I really have time to focus on the stick. I have a really bad habit of smoking a stick just to make room in the coolers...I realize now that I'd rather just smoke 1 or 2 a week when I have time.
  • Options
    AJGARLETT:

I want to stop smoking so much, and smoke only when I really have time to focus on the stick. I have a really bad habit of smoking a stick just to make room in the coolers...I realize now that I'd rather just smoke 1 or 2 a week when I have time.
    Another New Years resolution of mine is to hook up with AJGARLETT for a HERF!
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to someday make it to a NOVA herf.
    To someday hit the buy button on some of the high end sticks I drool over but always pass on.
    to someday turn my outbuilding into a heated/air conditioned smoking lounge.
  • Options
    y2pascoe:
    AJGARLETT:

HAHA oh man Mike, what a freaking year! We will definitely HERF it up..im thinking Feb/March for sure. You're the man.
  • Options
    greg2648greg2648 Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭
    I want to put together a nice pass

I want to give more to our Troops abroad.

I would like to discover a "go to" cigar.

I am goig to create more personal time to try different cigars.

I am going to Bomb the shat out of all of you. I like it.
  • Options
    AJGARLETT:
    y2pascoe:
    AJGARLETT:

HAHA oh man Mike, what a freaking year! We will definitely HERF it up..im thinking Feb/March for sure. You're the man.
    Habanos got those fine looking ladies man, let's do it!
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Smoke more and buy (a lot) less so I can buy new front left, right and center speakers for my home theater.