Home General Discussion
Options

What is the epitome of fine cigars?

In YOUR own personal opinion, what is the epitome of fine cigars? I mean, what is the ultimate of cigars that is reasonably attainable physically and financially? Does not matter whether you have smoked it or not, only if you are striving to purchase one some day, or will get it soon. Or if you have smoked it, what was it? I'm just curious. Opus X seems expensive but attainable....not in mass quantity for sure, lol. So what is that BEST tasting, finest cigar you know of?

Comments

• Options
    Shaun.Harrison87Shaun.Harrison87 Posts: 1,971
    I would say Cohiba Sublimes or Cohiba ELs from early 2000s...without getting into micro-batch releases or single vendor releases.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Cuban Davidoffs
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    Cuban Davidoffs
    True, or a properly aged PE cigar. The Opus X special sizes too: the cigar in the bottle, and their special "Don" releases
  • Options
    DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    I would say Cohiba Sublimes or Cohiba ELs from early 2000s...without getting into micro-batch releases or single vendor releases.
    What are cigars I'll never be able to afford? I'll take Potpourri for $500 ,Alex.
  • Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    kuzi16:
    Cuban Davidoffs
    This ^
  • Options
    In case you havent seen this Salem, http://www.vitolas.net/thumbnails.php?album=1 prepare to drool all over the table
  • Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Ashton ESG. Doesn't get much better.
  • Options
    SalemSalem Posts: 717
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    In case you havent seen this Salem, http://www.vitolas.net/thumbnails.php?album=1 prepare to drool all over the table
    I DID drool!!!!!! :)
  • Options
    Salem:
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    I DID drool!!!!!! :)
    Some pretty insane stuff. Even just go through the Rare ones of the other brands...like when the factory manager for Opus X lights up the football...I almost lost it
  • Options
    SalemSalem Posts: 717
    I love the cigar in their boxes pics too! http://www.vitolas.net/thumbnails.php?album=28
  • Options
    camgfscamgfs Posts: 968
    I do have to agree with the Cohiba Sublimes. I also think the Cohiba Reserva from 2002 and the San Cristobal (Cuban) with 10 years on it is qute a smoke. I like Cuban cigars with more than a few years on them so to me they are the epitome of fine cigars.
    That being said, a Partagas Serie D No.4 (which I very much enjoyed just last night) is about as good as it gets.

• Options
    camgfs:
    I do have to agree with the Cohiba Sublimes. I also think the Cohiba Reserva from 2002 and the San Cristobal (Cuban) with 10 years on it is qute a smoke. I like Cuban cigars with more than a few years on them so to me they are the epitome of fine cigars.
    That being said, a Partagas Serie D No.4 (which I very much enjoyed just last night) is about as good as it gets.

Damn I love the PSD4 and the PSP2, both great smokes and very fairly priced
  • Options
    For me, it's the Padron 80th Anniversary. It's not cheap (about $30), but it's affordable as a special occasion cigar. It's easy to find, which is nice. And most importantly, it's the best tasting cigar I've ever had.
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    Don Carlos Edicion de Anniversario, Padron 45th or 80th

to be honest, there are many well crafted, fine cigars that are super affordable. If you haven't had a Ruination, La Flor Dominicana Double Ligero Maduro, Litto Gomez Diez Chisel, or Diesel Unholy Cocktail I would recommend it. There are plenty of fine cigars out there that are less than $30 a stick but for me and my money, I usually get the more expensive stuff because I smoke a lot less than a lot of guys on here.
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    For me it was a Padron 45 Family Reserve natural paired with JW blue I had after my son was born.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    JDHJDH Posts: 2,107
    For me it was from the forbidden Island, a Romeo & Julieta Limited Edition 2007.
  • Options
    ThewelderThewelder Posts: 682 ✭✭
    I really like the Cohiba XV. Just wish I could easily afford it
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry can't help it, but this is the epitome of a fine cigar for me.... Pre-release 1995 OpusX from the slide-top boxes

"When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    Steve2010Steve2010 Posts: 1,036
    Cohiba EL 2006 was an awe inspiring smoke.

As far as current Cubans, I really like the Montecristo Edmundo.

U.S. legal cigars? The Ave Maria Reconquista, hands-down. Followed closely by the Perdomo Edicion de Silvio Connecticut.
  • Options
    spindriftspindrift Posts: 818 ✭✭
    I will go somewhat in a different direction than most....My Father 2010 Limited Edition...This one does it for me...I will add that either I have not real forbidden fruit, or that the flavors just don't work for me with the ones that I have had.
  • Options
    spindrift:
    I will go somewhat in a different direction than most....My Father 2010 Limited Edition...This one does it for me...I will add that either I have not real forbidden fruit, or that the flavors just don't work for me with the ones that I have had.
    You have 5 real ones from me...they need rest though, about 2 years or so. I can get you an aged one, let me check
  • Options
    spindriftspindrift Posts: 818 ✭✭
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    spindrift:
    You have 5 real ones from me...they need rest though, about 2 years or so. I can get you an aged one, let me check
    Dude, I could be dead in five years....................Seriously?????????????
  • Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    Kind of a tricky question... in my opinion affordable is a relative term because as with most things in life you're going to pay a premium for a premium product. Also, if it is truly a premium product, demand is going to be high which leads to difficulties with attainability. All that being said, for me its the Fuente Anejo. Sometime tough to find, and when you do you're generally going to have to come off the cash for them, but for me it is hands down the best cigar, super premium or otherwise, that there is out there.