Home General Discussion

The New Irish Cigar Blog Site

90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
So BOTL and SOTL, thanks to a large part of help from my wife and a large amount of hours myself, The Irish Cigar Review website is now up and running! To everyone, PLEASE spread the word and help me get this as much attention as humanly possible to increase my chances of getting into this industry! Any and ALL suggestions, good or bad, are welcomed and encouraged! Thank you one and all, and Merry Christmas!!

Irish Cigar Review

"When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."

Comments

• slickricslickric Posts: 705
    i promise i will BLAST your name out there man. you are a great BOTL. I'll keep my ear to the ground and if i hear ANYTHING you will be the first to know. good luck brother and i look forward to your review site. if there is anything you need please don't hesitate to ask.
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Looking forward to all the new reviews man! Keep up the great work
  • wow, cool site Brett, really love the pictures!! Isthere a way to have the reviews come up on the actual site?? Im using google chrome and its making me download the review as a word document. This could be because of my browser so please disregard if it works on Internet Explorer.

The reviews are so detailed, amazing! If i could put my .02 in, I feel like writing them in basic Times New Roman font would be much easier to read....but thats just me!! Also, I tried viewing on my iPhone and it wont work because its a flash based site...not sure if any of the bloggers or review-site owners out there have stats on how many visitors view the site from an iPhone or iPad...but I'm sure its a significant amount of traffic that you want to capitalize on.....so I hope you dont take my comments as negative, just trying to help man....honestly!!
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    90+ Irishman:
    So BOTL and SOTL, thanks to a large part of help from my wife and a large amount of hours myself, The Irish Cigar Review website is now up and running! To everyone, PLEASE spread the word and help me get this as much attention as humanly possible to increase my chances of getting into this industry! Any and ALL suggestions, good or bad, are welcomed and encouraged! Thank you one and all, and Merry Christmas!!

Irish Cigar Review

Wish it was compatible for iPad! Lol

"Long ashes my friends."

• camgfscamgfs Posts: 968
    Not done checking out the site, but there are some issues with Internet Explorer. Your link bar at the bottom is off to the right, and some text saying "My Name copyright 2023 no animals were harmed in the making" is hidden under the link bar (sort of). Might just be IE, as I'm not set up with different browsers for testing on this computer.
    Might also just be a glitch with the site building tool you used.

Otherwise, looks good and good luck with your site!

Happy Holidays.

• camgfscamgfs Posts: 968
    Irish, I tried to pm you but the link is broken. I have some tips and advice for your site (I've worked as a webmaster for several years, so this comes from experience). I would prefer to post directly to you rather than on the forum. My advice is free and you can always take it or leave it.

• Lakota72Lakota72 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭
    Any way it could be iPad compatible.
  • JDHJDH Posts: 2,107
    Your site is bookmarked to my favorites. I'll be hitting it regularly.
  • i like what youre going for and thinks its a great idea. but you should really consider using a different way of doing it. I would say a blogspot or tumblr. plus it'll be easier for people on those networks to find you on purpose, or by accident. just a thought my friend.
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for everything guys! I will be opening a new site soon on wordpress so that way any users can view it Apple or otherwise! Thanks for the ideas and suggestions guys, I will be employing them all for the next rendition of the site!!!

Cam, PM sent brother and thank you!
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    camgfs:
    Irish, I tried to pm you but the link is broken. I have some tips and advice for your site (I've worked as a webmaster for several years, so this comes from experience). I would prefer to post directly to you rather than on the forum. My advice is free and you can always take it or leave it.

For some reason the only way to send Brett a pm you got to use the contact button. Don't know why but his is the only one if found like that.
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks to a great number of suggestions, I will be re-doing and revamping the site onto a new address that doesn't use flash. I'm considering wordpress but any suggestions other than that are appreciated as well! The font, colors, contrast, and links will all be managed and updated thanks to all of your suggestions. I did get a new review up that is NOT on the forums yet and is on the current website in my sig. The review is of the Padron 85th Anniversary Maduro, but you have to download the word document to your computer since I haven't found a way to just post it yet. Hopefully I will have a new updated blog active by the weekend ;) thank you one and all!!