Home General Discussion

Which Viaje?

So Viaje is a brand I have never tried...of any kind or vitola. So I am entrusting the brothers out there to let me know which I should check out and try. Let me know what you like about the stick. They can't be super rare or impossible sticks to find. I want something I can get if I want to order more. So brothers, I ask you....which should I try?

Comments

• ThewelderThewelder Posts: 682 ✭✭
    The only one I have had is the Platino. The first third is the definition of a spice bomb, the last two thirds mellow out. Because I'm not a fan of spice it's not something I'll get again but overall a good cigar
  • I can make a sampler if you wish if you want to put together a trade. I have almost all of them from the last year or so. It would have to be something decent to trade though.
  • HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    Thewelder:
    The only one I have had is the Platino. The first third is the definition of a spice bomb, the last two thirds mellow out. Because I'm not a fan of spice it's not something I'll get again but overall a good cigar
    ^ is good, I wasn't too impressed with Skull and Bones, The Winterfest or Winterblend something of those lines is good too
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Honestly, the only regular release Viaje cigar worth bothering to try is the Platino Lancero, IMO. They put all of their energy into their limited releases anyway. Pick up Skull and Bones, Holiday Blend, and Summerfest when they come out.
  • JDHJDH Posts: 2,107
    dowjr1:
    So Viaje is a brand I have never tried...of any kind or vitola. So I am entrusting the brothers out there to let me know which I should check out and try. Let me know what you like about the stick. They can't be super rare or impossible sticks to find. I want something I can get if I want to order more. So brothers, I ask you....which should I try?
    The 50/50 is an amazing cigar; from their website
    http://www.viajecigars.com/details/3/fifty-fifty-black-label.html

The idea behind Fifty | Fifty is to offer the ability to enjoy two different flavor profiles while smoking the same cigar. Two distinct blends were formulated to make up the cigar. Joining the two blends was a challenge that was difficult to perfect. Each cigar is carefully crafted taking triple the amount of time a normal cigar takes to roll. The cigar comes wrapped in a dark, oily Nicaraguan cover leaf with two binders holding the filler in place. Fifty | Fifty starts out as a rich medium bodied cigar before transitioning into a bold, full-bodied smoke.
    Following the success of Fifty | Fifty Black Label, work began on a medium bodied version. Like its counter part, Red Label consists of two separate fillers brought together within double binders and a rich Nicaraguan wrapper. The fillers have been tamed in order to provide a true medium bodied experience. The first half starts off smooth before transitioning into a slightly stronger second half. The transition between the two halves is seamless making the switch between blends effortless.

• t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    Out of the Viaje i've had, the only one I want to revisit is the Satori toro. The others (holiday blend, SnB, 50/50 Black label) just werent the flavor profile I enjoy. IMO. I have many other I need to try but so far the Satori is my fav.