Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Tablet

Hey BotL,
I am looking at getting a tablet to bring to the B&M when smoking to take notes with and pictures of the cigars(before, during, and after)...so it needs to have a good/very good camera(this is the most important feature). The OS isn't too important as I currently run both Android on my phone and had an iPod Touch for years before that, so I am very familiar with both. Please let me know your input, thanks!

Comments

• Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    u could use your touch w/ mobile stogie app.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    Hey BotL,
    I am looking at getting a tablet to bring to the B&M when smoking to take notes with and pictures of the cigars(before, during, and after)...so it needs to have a good/very good camera(this is the most important feature). The OS isn't too important as I currently run both Android on my phone and had an iPod Touch for years before that, so I am very familiar with both. Please let me know your input, thanks!

I bought not one but 2 Samsung Galaxy 10,1 32 gig tablets for me and my wife for christmas.... I dont know why anyone would buy an apple product and be stuck within thier boundries these things are amazing..... And I have used an Ipad many times and played with my brothers Ipad, did a ton of research and read hundreds of reviews on both products..... Im sure next week there will be something better but for now this things the bees knees....
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Redtailhawkoz:
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    Hey BotL,

I bought not one but 2 Samsung Galaxy 10,1 32 gig tablets for me and my wife for christmas.... I dont know why anyone would buy an apple product and be stuck within thier boundries these things are amazing..... And I have used an Ipad many times and played with my brothers Ipad, did a ton of research and read hundreds of reviews on both products..... Im sure next week there will be something better but for now this things the bees knees....
    cuz it's a cult following. there products are cool btw, however like most of their stuff they are way overpriced and at times older tech. Their ipad's are sweet however like you said your in the apple secured community. The galaxy tablets are really cool and in my opinion better than the ipad however it's their first trek out, apple has had a bit more experience in the arena.

OP, why do you need a tab? Can't you use your phone or even a small camera?
  • Options
    Shaun.Harrison87Shaun.Harrison87 Posts: 1,971
    OP, why do you need a tab? Can't you use your phone or even a small camera?

My phone camera is pure garbage for any sort of macro shot or even any shot within 4 feet of my "target". I could get a digital camera and then put the memory card into my netbook but I would rather have 1 device to do them both
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I see... Also typing on the tablets is a bit rough, though maybe it's my opinion.
  • Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    I love my iPad and one of the main reasons I wanted it was for when I'm smoking stogies. No place to drop ash down into it or anything. Plus it's really convenient as it's not big and bulky. Plus the otterbox case screen cover doubles as a stand and it works awesome. Only downside in my experience is I wish the speakers were louder that's the only negative I have about my iPad
  • Options
    Shaun.Harrison87Shaun.Harrison87 Posts: 1,971
    ENFIDL:
    I love my iPad and one of the main reasons I wanted it was for when I'm smoking stogies. No place to drop ash down into it or anything. Plus it's really convenient as it's not big and bulky. Plus the otterbox case screen cover doubles as a stand and it works awesome. Only downside in my experience is I wish the speakers were louder that's the only negative I have about my iPad
    How are the pictures with it, do you have any examples or would you mind taking some of cigars tonight and posting them? I would really appreciate it!