Home General Discussion
Options

You know me now, recommend a cigar for me please.

2»

Comments

• Options
    Lakota72Lakota72 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    i was thinking about this thread for a good part of the day.
    often we see threads like this.
    "recommend me a cigar for..."
    we always get a decent list of cigars. they are always what we (the recommenders) like.
    How about this:
    go back and look at the cigars that you have enjoyed the most. who made them? who blended them? what was the wrapper filler and binder?
    find those out and look for cigars that have a similar setup as the ones you like. (most of that info if not all of it can be found on cigar.com's listings of cigars. you can also search those criteria on the main site or on the forum.
    also, this is where a notebook where you keep notes on cigars comes in handy.
    I really have to agree with Kuzi here. When I first started smoking cigars, I read a lot of reviews and then found some cigars that a lot of people tended to agree on review wise. So, I gave the "favorites" (if you will) a shot. Through this, I found I really like some and found some that I didn't like.

Additionally, I found someone (RCY) that served as a great mentor in helping me understand flavor profile, developing my palate etc. Ultimately, what kuzi is saying is spot on. Stick with blenders or wrap that you have enjoyed in the past. As you gain experience in smoking cigars you can start to expand your list of smoked cigars.

Hope this helps.
  • Options
    SalemSalem Posts: 717
    All very helpful posts........thank youz!!
  • Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Throwing this out there...Gurkha Centurian? I don't think its too powerful and is liked by even people who don't like Gurkha at all...
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    blurrblurr Posts: 962 ✭✭
    That reminds me, I still haven't had a Gurkha and always hear positive reviews of the centurion. I need to find a few sometime soon.
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried a Gurkah Beauty. It's in the mild/med range tons of flavor.
  • Options
    cbakcbak Posts: 2
    The Nica Libre Potencia is an absolute must try for every cigar enthusiast. I've also been enjoying on a daily basis the Alec Bradley Black Market, a fine smoke for any occasion.
  • Options
    MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭✭
    Lakota72:
    kuzi16:
    i was thinking about this thread for a good part of the day.
    often we see threads like this.
    "recommend me a cigar for..."
    we always get a decent list of cigars. they are always what we (the recommenders) like.
    How about this:
    go back and look at the cigars that you have enjoyed the most. who made them? who blended them? what was the wrapper filler and binder?
    find those out and look for cigars that have a similar setup as the ones you like. (most of that info if not all of it can be found on cigar.com's listings of cigars. you can also search those criteria on the main site or on the forum.
    also, this is where a notebook where you keep notes on cigars comes in handy.
    I really have to agree with Kuzi here. When I first started smoking cigars, I read a lot of reviews and then found some cigars that a lot of people tended to agree on review wise. So, I gave the "favorites" (if you will) a shot. Through this, I found I really like some and found some that I didn't like.

Additionally, I found someone (RCY) that served as a great mentor in helping me understand flavor profile, developing my palate etc. Ultimately, what kuzi is saying is spot on. Stick with blenders or wrap that you have enjoyed in the past. As you gain experience in smoking cigars you can start to expand your list of smoked cigars.

Hope this helps.
    I agree with ya on both, is this what they call " Politically Correct" LOL
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...