Home General Discussion
Options

Xtend Lighters

Hi Guys..Hoping you can help me out. I received a nice Xtend lighter as a gift a few years back. Recently it started to misfire a little and it doesn't hold a consistent flame while I try to light a cigar. Is there a place I can send it to to have it repaired? I don't see a website out there and I'm not sure where it was purchased. Any suggestions? Thanks

Comments

• Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Well first make sure you bleed it real well then fill it. You may have to bleed and fill a couple of times to get all the air out of the tank if you've never bled before.
  • Options
    tankbonniestankbonnies Posts: 191
    Thanks..I'll try that first....Is this normal for that to happen?
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Yep, very normal. I try to bleed my lighter everytime before I refill. My Xikar is doing the same thing as your XTend right now because I didn't bleed it before filling about 3 or 4 times in a row. Air builds up in the tank and cause the it to kind of sputter and lose its flame. Just hold the valve open until you no longer hear any hissing. Let it close, then open it back up and listen for hissing again. Keeping doing this until it no longer hisses fill the lighter all the way. It may fix it the very first time you do this or you may have to do it a few times. If after 3 or 4 times of bleeding and filling it still won't hold a flame it could have a leak somewhere in the tank thats allowing air in.
  • Options
    smbrinksmbrink Posts: 406
    Stupid air. It should be gotten rid of....never did anybody any good anyway.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I'm bad about not bleeding.....
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I don't like to bleed personally..not that I really care, it just makes a mess and you can never clean it all up...ask OJ. :)
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    I don't got time to bleed.
  • Options
    cheymancheyman Posts: 157
    I'm a bleeder...sometimes I get bored and just bleed for fun.
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Sometimes you just have to let the pain out.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    lol... typically how long does it take to fill a lighter? I must have been pushing butane in my tri-flame for like over 30 minutes...
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    A couple of minutes.