Home Non Cigar Related

Two bone-in pork butts, One Beef roast and One chicken

2»

Comments

• SalemSalem Posts: 717
    You're making me hungry and I just ate!!
  • TokinstogieTokinstogie Posts: 46 ✭✭
    gunna fire up the smoker this weekend, brisket, pork butt, spare and back ribs and a few thighs, prolly throw some salmon on while we're eatin the meat.......oh, and rum and stogies while the cookins goin on.
    I was going to say, maybe it's time I quit drinking and smoking, tear down all the Vargas girl posters and straighten out my life. But I won't.....
  • jr_p951jr_p951 Posts: 1,121
    I pulled at Pork Shoulder out today. I'm going to let it rest in a brine starting tomorrow around noon, then smoke it one Saturday! I think I'm going to try and put together my own bbq sauce. First time at a sauce so we'll see how that turns out. Does any body else make their own sauces and rubs? I've got my rub down, just never tried a sauce. My family and I prefer a sweet sauce over the tangy stuff. Unless its hot wings...then tangy and stupid hot!
  • djbeeniedjbeenie Posts: 469
    jr_p951:
    I pulled at Pork Shoulder out today. I'm going to let it rest in a brine starting tomorrow around noon, then smoke it one Saturday! I think I'm going to try and put together my own bbq sauce. First time at a sauce so we'll see how that turns out. Does any body else make their own sauces and rubs? I've got my rub down, just never tried a sauce. My family and I prefer a sweet sauce over the tangy stuff. Unless its hot wings...then tangy and stupid hot!

No. 5 Sauce
    1 cup ketchup
    1/2 cup cider vinegar
    1/3 cup brown sugar
    1 tablespoon worchestershire sauce
    1 tablespoon rub
    Opional but v. good: 1/4 cup meat drippings (whats left in the foil after the rest)
    or some spice..
    1 cup ketchup
    1/2 cup cider vinegar
    1/3 cup brown sugar
    1 teaspoon worchestershire sauce
    2 teaspoons Rub
    1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne
    12 twists fresh ground black pepper
    1/4 to 1/2 tsp. crushed Red Pepper
    At least 1/4 tsp. of Louisiana Hot Sauce
    Thanks for the sauce recipies beenie! I'll have to give one a try today. Today's smoker run is a 7.6 lb. pork shoulder. It soaked in a salt, brown sugar, dry rub for about 12 hours (over night). I was up at 6 and had it smoking by 6:30. Temp is low about 215. I added the dry rub shortly after the pick. I was in such a rush I almost forgot!! Here is a pick about 20 min after it hit the rack.image
    jr_p951:
    Thanks for the sauce recipies beenie! I'll have to give one a try today. Today's smoker run is a 7.6 lb. pork shoulder. It soaked in a salt, brown sugar, dry rub for about 12 hours (over night). I was up at 6 and had it smoking by 6:30. Temp is low about 215. I added the dry rub shortly after the pick. I was in such a rush I almost forgot!! Here is a pick about 20 min after it hit the rack.image
    Nice man! Keep the pics coming! :)
    Still going strong. Smoker has steady at about 215-225. The whole backyard smells like hickory!! Sat back and enjoyed a Padillla Miami 8&11 that I received Isaac. Great cigar!! I seem to like every cigar Isaac has given me! A few more hours and I'll check the internal temp on the shoulder. I'm shooting for 200. image
  • roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    I smell it, I smell it......dang, nope, just wishfull thinking, sucks
    One God, One Truth
  • DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    That thing's lookin pretty damn good dooood