Home Cigar 101
Options

LFD Air Bender....should I smoke it?

KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Posts: 937 ✭✭✭
I've been dying to try one (matatan) - I have five, they all have 2 months in my humi.
Should I grab something else?
Or, is 60 days enough to try one, (and then I promise I won't smoke another until summer!)....

Comments

• Options
    AJGARLETTAJGARLETT Posts: 648
    I have roughly 7 months on mine and its definitely not enough IMO. Not to say that they are bad, but another 6+ months of mellowing out will take down some of the bite and let the flavors behind come out.
  • Options
    AJGARLETT:
    I have roughly 7 months on mine and its definitely not enough IMO. Not to say that they are bad, but another 6+ months of mellowing out will take down some of the bite and let the flavors behind come out.
    aarrgghhh......I was afraid I'd hear that........better grab a daily and just look at those for a while.......
  • Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    King, you have 5. Smoke one now and see what all the talk is about. You'll rest the rest.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    is there even a question? i mean, seriously. I have a hard time NOT smoking one every time i open my humidor.
    just buy more.
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    One of the really nice things about cigars is to smoke them in intervals and see them change....That is a great smoke now and later...
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    I say smoke it now.. and later. They start great and get better.
  • Options
    Guess I really didn't ask the question properly.....but I got my answer mostly.
    Just was wondering if it was one of those cigars that "needs" to rest for a while.

• Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    These are awesome right away in my experience.
  • Options
    Lakota72Lakota72 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭
    beatnic:
    King, you have 5. Smoke one now and see what all the talk is about. You'll rest the rest.
    Gotta agree here. It would be interesting to see if you get a difference later on. You should smoke one now, and then smoke one a few months down the line and post your review at the same time covering both periods of time.
  • Options
    dowjr1dowjr1 Posts: 600
    Smoke one now and maybe jot down a few notes or comments somewhere. Then when you revisit in summer or whenever it will be more fun to compare.
  • Options
    OR smoke one now and send me the rest....
  • Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    I would try one now and at time intervals of about 60-90 days for the rest of the 5. It would give you a chance to see where you like it the best through it's resting process of the first yearish time frame
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    KingoftheCove:
    I've been dying to try one (matatan) - I have five, they all have 2 months in my humi.
    Should I grab something else?
    Or, is 60 days enough to try one, (and then I promise I won't smoke another until summer!)....

Man, that's exactly what I'd do - smoke one now and hold off for a while on the rest. Let us know your thoughts on how good it was.
  • Options
    VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    +1
  • Options
    Vulchor:
    kuzi16:
    +1
    i was about to quote this and ask about a box split...
    then i realized that i would never do a box split on these. i want them all to myself. ha!
  • Options
    lcpleellcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    Vulchor:
    kuzi16:
    +1
    i was about to quote this and ask about a box split...
    then i realized that i would never do a box split on these. i want them all to myself. ha!
    LOL