Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

My Father El Hijo

JDHJDH Posts: 2,107
Anyone had these? Are they really that much better than the My Father? I'm just askin.

Comments

• Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Yeah. They are different, but I really dig them.
  • Options
    docbp87:
    Yeah. They are different, but I really dig them.
    But are they better? They're a lot more spendy...are they worth it?
  • Options
    More spendy? They cost pretty much exactly the same as any other My Father cigars? As for " better"? That's too subjective to answer. I like them more than the Le Bijou (which is my least favorite MF), and at least as much as the regular MF line.
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    docbp87:
    More spendy? They cost pretty much exactly the same as any other My Father cigars? As for " better"? That's too subjective to answer. I like them more than the Le Bijou (which is my least favorite MF), and at least as much as the regular MF line.
    Very cool and thanks Doc. I just picked one up thanks to Todd and don't know anything about it? Anyone have info on the blender, tobacco, and how they came to be, what makes it unique and special?
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    an exclusive to another shop , MY FATHER EL HIJO - all i found,, the My Father "El Hijo" (meaning The Son), is a 5.5 x52 box pressed cigar with an unfinished foot, where the binder and filler protrude beyond the wrapper of the cigar. The unfinished foot gives the smoker a flavor experience before the very limited 2009 harvest of select Ecuadorian Habano wrapper kicks in. The experience is unique and very interesting. This select wrapper had been set aside by the Garcia Family, due to the small quantities produced, You will find this medium to full bodied smoke has an extraordinary savory quality.
  • Options
    docbp87:
    I have never seen the El Hijos offered on any auction, but you can frequently get an exceptional deal on the My Fathers. I know, 'cause I've done it.
  • Options
    El Hijo is an exclusive for one retailer in particular who has a small empire of shops in South Florida. The wrapper used was a special wrapper the Garcias had set aside for something special, but in the end decided to let Abe use it for their exclusive cigar for his "microblends" line.

As for being on an auction... well, Abe's site doesn't have auctions to my knowledge...
  • Options
    Yes, I know the shop where they're sold. Because they are proprietary to that one retailer, he has a corner on the market, and you will pay full retail for the El Hijos, as opposed to the regular My Father line, which can be obtained in many places, including ccom, at much more reasonable prices. That's why I said the El Hijos were more spendy, because they are more spendy, unless you go out of your way to pay full retail all the time.