Home General Discussion

Cigars with hint of espresso/coffee/chocolate?

What cigars have hints of coffee or espresso and chocolate flavor? I'm not talking about something over powering or anything, just the pleasant hint of taste along with other tastes. I think this is the kind I'm craving to smoke. I watched smokinghotcigarchick and she was talking about a La Riqueza cigar and it really got me to wanting one like that. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=GjExbFPTsZs Any other suggestions?

Comments

• ScottCScottC Posts: 38
    Check our Coffee infused sampler - http://www.cigar.com/cigars/viewCigar.asp?prod=SP-CIGASST105
    Or single brands - Isla del Sol, Tabak Especial Cafe con Leche, Tabak Especial Red Eye, and Tabak Especial
  • ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    La Herencia Cubana Oscuro Fuerte (LHCOF) kind of matches this, also Nestor Miranda 1989 Oscuro, ccom Brazilian Label and CAO Mx2 these are ones that I can think of off the top of my head. Otherwise you could go the infused route.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    the liga Privada no.9 is pretty good for that. with a year or two of age on it the coffee notes really come out.
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    +1 on the Cafe con Leche, great smoke. Kelly turned me on to the Java and the Isla del Sol, both are great smokes and a little less pricey than the con Leche.

Ironically, I am the one who likes the infused cigars and my wife can't stand them. She likes the medium to full cigars. Do I have to turn in my Man Card?

• chemforeverchemforever Posts: 1,200
    Graycliff double espresso, pricy so wait for them to go on sale ( this isn't a bad deal if you want the case http://www.cigar.com/cigars/viewCigar.asp?prod=SP-GDBMISC2 ). The diesel unholy cocktail is also a very nice smoke.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    just thought of another one that i liked when i was first getting into cigars:
    El Mejor Espresso
    not infused, but has tons of coffee notes.
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    For chocolate I found Patel Bros and San Lotano Maduro to both have a decent amount of chocolate flavor. I'm not sure I'd trust my palette though...get a second opinion, lol
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • cooch36cooch36 Posts: 714 ✭✭
    YankeeMan:
    +1 on the Cafe con Leche, great smoke. Kelly turned me on to the Java and the Isla del Sol, both are great smokes and a little less pricey than the con Leche.

Ironically, I am the one who likes the infused cigars and my wife can't stand them. She likes the medium to full cigars. Do I have to turn in my Man Card?

+2 my girl loves the Cafe con Leche, and yes Yankee you have to turn in your man card! LOL
  • Thunder by Nimish is what comes to mind for me.
  • MessickMessick Posts: 86
    I think the Nica Libre had a chocolate flavor, but I need a second on that
  • Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    Perdomo Habano Maduro has excellent dark chocolate undertones.
  • wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    Try out the Oliva G Maduro, Padilla Cazadores, and Gurkha Black Dragon. I'm sure you'll like them.
  • Have had a couple coffee infused cigars and best in my opinon is Java by Drew Estate
  • KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Posts: 937 ✭✭✭
    YankeeMan:

um........................yes...........I'm afraid so
    you'll have to smoke a Punisher and a JdN El Martillo....back to back............to get your card back
    Can't just say you did it...........we want photos..........and don't try to let the wife smoke them for you!
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    Try an Oliveros King Havano Oscuro. Sweet, coffee, some espresso and chocolate and very affordable in a medium body.
  • I'll second Nica Libre for the hints of coffee and chocolate. I love Isla Del Sol and Tabak but I would consider them more than just hints.....but I've only been smoking for seriously for about 4 months. Smoked a box of Isla Del Sols, about 10 Tabaks and half a dozen Nica Libre's. Try them all!
  • ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    wwhwang:
    Try out the Oliva G Maduro, Padilla Cazadores, and Gurkha Black Dragon. I'm sure you'll like them.
    +1 on the Black Dragon. I got a ton of chocolate flavor in the last one I had.
  • gio164gio164 Posts: 180
    Undercrown, alot of sweet chocolate and cofee.
  • ScottTDawgScottTDawg Posts: 206 ✭✭
    I like the Nica Libre but really like the flavor of Acid Opulence 3. I've got a Java and Mint Java resting for the summer.

And, because of all the suggestions, I've also got a new wish list started.

• The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    Not much help here on the coffee flavors, as I usually dont seek them out. On the chocolate side, I find that the Ashton Aged Maduro really hits the spot when thats what Im in the mood for. Until I perfect the draw on a Snickers, the Ashton Aged Maduro is gonna have to do. :-)

• JHeweyJHewey Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭
    The Sniper:
    Not much help here on the coffee flavors, as I usually dont seek them out. On the chocolate side, I find that the Ashton Aged Maduro really hits the spot when thats what Im in the mood for. Until I perfect the draw on a Snickers, the Ashton Aged Maduro is gonna have to do. :-)

Let me know when you got snickers down. But I heard nothing but good things bout the Ashton aged maduro. Going to have to go pick me up soon.
  • allsmokedupallsmokedup Posts: 751 ✭✭
    Ashton VSG or Liga Privada No. 9 on the high end...
    Diesel Shorty or Partagas Black (the black is hit or miss sometimes) a little lower.
  • SalemSalem Posts: 717
    Thanks everyone! Great suggestions.