Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Looking for a Pepper Bomb!

Since I'm working on developing my palette I'm looking for a stick that is a flat out pepper bomb so I can begin to identify some flavors. Suggestions appreciated brothers! -big lindy

Comments

• Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    Tatuaje black
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    blindy:
    Since I'm working on developing my palette I'm looking for a stick that is a flat out pepper bomb so I can begin to identify some flavors. Suggestions appreciated brothers! -big lindy
    this to me seems to be going at it backwards.

go get yourself some whole black peppercorns and smell them, put a few in your mouth and roll em around for a while, then chew on a few more of them. become very familiar with pepper. understand pepper. that way, when you find a cigar that has hints of pepper, you will understand what it is you are tasting.

and Check out this thread that may help too.

• Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    I agree with kuzi, but if you still want to go straight for a pepper bomb check out Don Pepin Garcia Cuban Classic.
  • Options
    jr_p951jr_p951 Posts: 1,121
    I recently smoked a LFD Factory Press II that was black pepper the entire stick!! Great smoke! Like Kuzi said though, get familiar with the flavors/smells first. Each cigar is different for everyone so what I find in a smoke, you may not. Sometimes I read reviews of cedar or chocolate and I didn't pick up on any of that when I smoked that cigar. A flavor that I still can't wrap my head around is leather. Hints of leather?! Flavors will come to you, it might be difficult to find a certain flavor.
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    jr_p951:
    A flavor that I still can't wrap my head around is leather. Hints of leather?!
    Just bite down on your belt a while before screaming out your safe word, then you'll understand leather.
  • Options
    BombayBombay Posts: 1,207
    The two for me would be and they are different in their own right would be My Father Le Bijou 1922 and Tatuaje Fausto although the Fausto may be more of a complete spice bomb. The MF was on the lips mainly almost like when you put to much pepper on your food type of spice. Just my .02 and to clarify I am still trying to enhance my own palate.
  • Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    +1 on the Fausto
  • Options
    lcpleellcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    jr_p951:
    I recently smoked a LFD Factory Press II that was black pepper the entire stick!! Great smoke! Like Kuzi said though, get familiar with the flavors/smells first. Each cigar is different for everyone so what I find in a smoke, you may not. Sometimes I read reviews of cedar or chocolate and I didn't pick up on any of that when I smoked that cigar. A flavor that I still can't wrap my head around is leather. Hints of leather?! Flavors will come to you, it might be difficult to find a certain flavor.
    Damn that didnt take long. lol. How was it? I was one that didnt think of black peper on the stick.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I'd check out the La Sirena "A", the one I had was a cayenne pepper bomb for the first inch. That one will make you cry uncle.
  • Options
    Steve2010Steve2010 Posts: 1,036
    Kuzi is correct, just don't eat manure to become familiar with BARNYARD :-D
    As far as peppery cigars, the DPG Blue hit me with a large dose of red pepper flakes.

• Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    bigharpoon:
    Just bite down on your belt a while before screaming out your safe word, then you'll understand leather.
    LMAOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

OK, back to the original questi...... LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry fellas, everytime I started to type I thought about harpoon's comment and started laughing again. Think Ive got a handle on it now and LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    Cu-Avana Intenso and if you really want your eyes to water, try a Cu-Avana Pvnisher. That outta LMAOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Options
    jr_p951jr_p951 Posts: 1,121
    bigharpoon:
    jr_p951:
    If thats what you have to do to understand hints of leather...count me out! I'd rather lick the a$$ end of cow than perform any act that requies a safe word and me biting on a belt!! LoL! I'm scared to think of what has to be done to understand an ammonia taste!
  • Options
    DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    bigharpoon:
    jr_p951:
    That was the best lol
  • Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Bombay:
    The two for me would be and they are different in their own right would be My Father Le Bijou 1922 and Tatuaje Fausto although the Fausto may be more of a complete spice bomb. The MF was on the lips mainly almost like when you put to much pepper on your food type of spice. Just my .02 and to clarify I am still trying to enhance my own palate.
    The Fausto I had was flavorless. Must have been a dud. Speaking of peppery Tat's try and hunt down a T110: http://thedailycigar.blogspot.com/2011/12/dec-2nd-2011-tatuaje-t110.html

• Options
    ENFIDL:
    Bombay:
    The Fausto I had was flavorless. Must have been a dud. Speaking of peppery Tat's try and hunt down a T110: http://thedailycigar.blogspot.com/2011/12/dec-2nd-2011-tatuaje-t110.html

Thanks E, will do on trying to hunt down the T110. You got another fausto resting, I think I may have one in the humi if you would like to try, to make sure the first was indeed a dud of course?
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Yeah the T110 was a blast! I will also mention the T-Rex as well. Both of these sticks from Tat are pepper bombs.

• Options
    bigharpoon:
    jr_p951:
    every time that i go into a mall with a Leather store (wilson's leather in my part of the woods) i make sure to go in to that store and take a deep smell. Leather is a difficult smell/taste for me as well.
  • Options
    Steve2010:
    Kuzi is correct, just don't eat manure to become familiar with BARNYARD :-D
    As far as peppery cigars, the DPG Blue hit me with a large dose of red pepper flakes.

Hell yeah. Eat that *** up.

i spent a good amount of time on a farm growing up. the "barnyard" is easy for me.
    to me most cigars have a smell that is like the barns where hay is kept. this farm i was spending time on also cured tobacco. tobacco barns have a distinct smell to me as well. i hope everyone gets an opportunity to smell one so that they cna understand what i mean by "barnyard"

DPG blue to most is a pepper bomb. to me it isnt. i smoke way to slow. when i want a pepper/spicy cigar i reach for a san lotano habano.
  • Options
    Bombay:
    ENFIDL:
    Bombay:

Thanks E, will do on trying to hunt down the T110. You got another fausto resting, I think I may have one in the humi if you would like to try, to make sure the first was indeed a dud of course?
    the t110 and the fousto are almost identical blends. Pete told me himself.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Pepper, Leather, Wood, Coffee. it seems I find at least one of those in almost anything I smoke. Now try and determine which it is closest to in your mind. This may be a start.
  • Options
    ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    I got a blast of black pepper taste in the first 1-1 1/2 inch of my last Cain F. Like some of the other BoTL have mentioned though, not everyone will get the same flavors out of a stick. I'm with kuzi, familiarize yourself with the flavors you're looking for and then you'll be able to distinguish them more easily.
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    For straight up pure black pepper flavor in a cigar, the Tatuaje Black label torpedos, both in tubos and cello are major black pepper bombs.
  • Options
    blindyblindy Posts: 23
    I'm definitely getting my balls busted for the barnyard likeness but Kuzi you are right on. The barnyard is the smell of the hay, soil, barn wood, etc. I love wine and I'm always looking for a kick ass wine with some peppery fangs to it and I'm able to pick out the peppery flavor well in wine so figured i'd go after it with a peppery stick. I'm going hunting for Tatuaje Black. ENFIDL from reading about the Tatuaje T110 it sounds badass and also seems like it's going to be a sasquach to hunt down. BTW nice blog I've sent some BOTL's there to check it out recently. - big lindy
  • Options
    I never got a lot of pepper from the tat blacks. interesting.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrel:
    dont feel bad. I didnt get much out of the Lx2.
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    phobicsquirrel:
    It's black pepper flavor, not any heat really.
  • Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    kuzi16:
    Bombay:
    ENFIDL:
    Bombay:

Mine must have been a dud then. That'll happen. I really appreciate the offer brother! I'm pretty overstocked so I must pass on it...for now lol Thanks again very generous of you!
  • Options
    ENFIDL:
    kuzi16:
    Bombay:
    ENFIDL:
    Bombay:

Mine must have been a dud then. That'll happen. I really appreciate the offer brother! I'm pretty overstocked so I must pass on it...for now lol Thanks again very generous of you!

No problem I just didnt want a brother to go without. HA!
  • Options
    docbp87:
    phobicsquirrel:
    It's black pepper flavor, not any heat really.
    Yeah, never really got that. In fact I'm smoking one right now cuz I'm curious. And I love me some black pepper. I guess I'm odd.... And Kuzi, yeah the lx2 was about the same for me, not a lot of pepper on that one as well. It's one of my favorite sticks, in fact probably that and the America are my fav's from CAO.