Home Cigar 101
Options

Hygrometer question

kevin1323kevin1323 Posts: 294
I just picked up a new digital hygrometer (humicare puck style) from Tim and salt tested it. It was like 8 degrees off and the knob wouldn't turn far enough to get it set to 75. I tested the hybgrometer in a humidor with my other salt tested spot on hygro and there is a difference of about 5 degrees. I realize I can just take 5 degrees off, but is there a way to get it to calibrate down? I am even thinking of taking the battery out, moving the calibration wheel all the way to the right and then putting the battery in again and going through the salt test. Any thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i have a digital hygrometer that is always 4 percentage points lower. so if the Rh is 68% it will read 64%. i just have a little piece of masking tape on there that reads "-4" so that i know that it is always low by 4.

• Options
    kevin1323kevin1323 Posts: 294
    I don't mind doing that for myself, but this is a gift for my brother-in-law. (I am seaoning the humidor for him and filling it with cigars) I'd rather not have to put tape on the hygro in this situation.
  • Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    You can always blow in a call to Tim and let him know what you're dealing with. CCom's customer service is second to NONE, Im sure he will either have a fix for you or replace it.